Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

RED

From your Experience (LS1)

Hi everybody,

I have a LS1 camaro 99' but I sold it and now I want to buy camaro LS1 MT, but any years peter 98,99,00,01 or 02 ? because i want to buy heads and cam shaft with Accessories ?
    Any kind, or any of them chose the best manufacturer?

some one told me >> put heads w cam shaft , intake manifold ,throttle body w intake, under drive pully , headers w exhaust system , tune up and flywheel

? but i don know which one peter becuse there is many manufacturer ??

i am too Confused !!??

i want more horse power ? but i don know how ??????????????????

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

In my opinion, start with a cold air intake and a cat back exhaust. Then start saving for the cam, larger intake manifold, headers and whatever you want. Start off slow, then go for the bigger mods.

White/Blue
    99 Trans Am

Keep in mind weather you want all that for street- m6 good idea, but if your going to go to the track alot I would stick with auto. I have all that but had I known how far I was planning to go I would have gone auto. Can't beat the m6 for driving experiance and excitement though on the street.

I agree also start small and work your way up. You start for the heads/cam and it doesn't stop. You start tearing up trans and rearends. Shit adds up and before you know it, your 20 g's down not including what you paid for the car.

rice..a growing epidemic PAT-LS101's Avatar

blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

I agree... Start small. And, autos arnt that bad... my auto is alot of fun for me.. Although I do miss banging the gears but not the problems lol
    1999 Camaro Z28 w/ sports appearance package & optional 3.23 rear gears - SLP lid, custom Diablo tune. BEST 1/4 MILE TIME W/O MODS: 13.4 @ 102mph. NEW TIMES SOON!

2002 Camaro Z28 - Stall, gears, exhaust, tuned 12.3 @ 111mph SOLD

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Go for a Stroker. you will never regret it.

RED

i don have problem if i want to park it all the time at home and use it only for racing because i have another car ( 350z) << its my daily car i can use it . in fact what i want to tell you , there are somebodys have caprice ss 2006 and his cars had dyno results between 400-411 hp w natural breath so that i want to buy camaro and i want to challenge and distroy him by camaro ls1 because am very like .

so what i want to get 450 hp ??

i don care about money .

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by al3flangy View Post
    i don have problem if i want to park it all the time at home and use it only for racing because i have another car ( 350z) << its my daily car i can use it . in fact what i want to tell you , there are somebodys have caprice ss 2006 and his cars had dyno results between 400-411 hp w natural breath so that i want to buy camaro and i want to challenge and distroy him by camaro ls1 because am very like .

so what i want to get 450 hp ??

i don care about money .
    well if you dont care..buy a long block stroker from www.texas-speed.com...my dream build is a ls3 427 or a ls2 414 ..they will run you 7,300-8k for a long block..that is not including some options you would need...after that ..you will need suspension so look at 2-3k then transmission so 2-4k then rear end 2k-4k so you will be 15-20k deep to get everything ..oh and exhaust so about another 1k ..it costs to play ..but yes a nice stroker will get you 500+ ...or just go heavy into the 346 N/a and get 420-480hp ...or F/I and watch those numbers sky rocket

RED

hello friend thank you for advise

but i want to tell some thing i am from kuwait and i cant speak english alot >>>>> there is many words i cant understand it like >> 7,300-8k , so look at 2-3k , or just go heavy into the 346 N/a and get 420-480hp ...or F/I and watch those numbers sky rocket ????

98' trans am

hello friend thank you for advise

but i want to tell some thing i am from kuwait and i cant speak english alot >>>>> there is many words i cant understand it like >> 7,300-8k , so look at 2-3k , or just go heavy into the 346 N/a and get 420-480hp ...or F/I and watch those numbers sky rocket ????
    ok the 2k stands for 2000 US dollars

2,000-3,000 US dollars = between 577.720 Kuwaiti Dinar and 866.580 Kuwaiti Dinar

7,300-8k = between 2,108.68 Kuwaiti Dinar and 2,310.88 Kuwaiti Dinar

then our ls1 engines are 364 cubic inches(5.7 liter) ..and N/A stands for naturally Aspired or as you referred to it natural breath ..and F/I stands for Forced Induction ..so superchargers , turbo chargers and Nitrous Oxide

98' trans am

and referring to going heavy ..i am talking about putting money and mods into the engine you have now..going heavy means= a lot of modifications and money...so all out

i hope this helps

RED

thank you friend

but what i want to tell you i am really don care about money bt not like you mean , what i mean is i want some head/cam w intake manifold w headers an pully w T.B with exhaust system , am not mean long block because i want it for street racing i heat quarter mile track because i didn enjoy in track only in street and what i want exactly is put like some thing like above but where can i find best manufactory like mixture and there are many manufactory like (slp, lunati, lengingfilter, afr,patriot corsa ) which one peter ?

98' trans am

well which one is the best is really dependent on who you talk to..but i will let you know who I think is the best

for the intake manifold = Fast 92
    for the TB = a nick Williams 92 mm ....
    for the intake manifold and throttle body combo
    click here

for heads i like personally like the Trick flow 215s
    click here

Camshaft = a custom grind cam ...you should call Comp Cams and have them spec one out to custom fit your application ..then order it from
    here

for headers = i have QTPs..and they are nice but i would go Kooks or ARH

ARH

for the catback exhaust = Magnaflow ..i have them on my car with long tube headers..and it sounds AMAZING so here is the link to the catback i have installed
    here

there is the jist of it...however there are many many more little things you need to buy..so take a look around the websites i gave you and look for packages!!! that way you will get everything you need.....also you will need a new rear end also..look into a 9 inch rear end for our f-bodies

RED

its very nice thank you

but you said custom cam >> so if i want to buy custom cam >> i must give him Intake Lobe , exhaust lobe ,Lobe Seperation, Intake Centerline and in the past am heard lift i don know what it mean !!!!!!!!!!????? so that how can i get custom cam !!!!!!!!!!!????

98' trans am

its very nice thank you

but you said custom cam >> so if i want to buy custom cam >> i must give him Intake Lobe , exhaust lobe ,Lobe Seperation, Intake Centerline and in the past am heard lift i don know what it mean !!!!!!!!!!????? so that how can i get custom cam !!!!!!!!!!!????
    no call comp cams and tell them your car..what mods you have/will use , the weight of the vehicle and what your plans/goals for the vehicle are (dont tell them street racing tho) just say heavy street use..and they will then give you the lobes, LSAs and so on that you should use..then go to texas-speed and put those in.

RED

ooooooooohh very very nice

its very easy thank you very much

so i will order it.

now i have heads , headers, intake manifold w T.B = 1800 dinar kuwaiti

cam= ???

and i want to get slp pully ,alaminium drive shaft and corsa cat back i love it

so how its give hp with cam you think ???

and if you have other things it can give me hp tell me

98' trans am

also..with your car being a 99..you will need to coolant pipes and plugs for the intake manifold.

i would think between 410-450rwhp maybe more ..with 410 being on the very conservative side

..also remember ..hp numbers are just that..numbers ..a car with a proper set up (suspension,tune and proper cam for application) can/will beat a poor set up that is only focused on peak numbers

RED

i think after all that i must tune up it .

98' trans am

yes its a must after a cam and heads and intake

RED

aha so what about ls2

can i install ls2 caprice ss or escalede engine on camaro ?

because it came 6.0L

98' trans am

yes you can install any gen III+ engine in a f-body since dimensions are the same..there will be some fitment issues with some longblocks ..but the ls2 and the lq9/lq4 will fit no problem

Thread Information