Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

You would Buy/Trade your LS1 Right Now for WHAT???

This is a discussion on You would Buy/Trade your LS1 Right Now for WHAT??? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Schmalgar No. No. No. No. No. Corvettes of any newer breed are a dime a dozen around ...

Black
    1999 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.

Corvettes of any newer breed are a dime a dozen around here. All driven by 50 year old guys. I'd be just another middle-aged mid-life crisis guy. The rarity of the TA in general and the WS6 specifically makes it a much better car for me. I can afford a Corvette, but I'm not Tim Allen. It's not all about more power for me.

The only Corvette I'd consider would be a true classic, late 50s or 60s model, guess those would be called C1 or C2s? But I certainly wouldn't trade the WS6 for one.

Man I couldn't agree any more with how you put it. You couldn't GIVE me a Corvette.....ok well maybe you could...but I couldn't wait to get rid of my 2006 Z06 actually.
    1999 WS6 - Black - 414rwhp 401rwtq w/o NOS
    632rwhp 577rwtq with HSW 250shot NOS

NBM
    1999 TA A4

C6 Vette.

Used of course,let someone else take the depreciation hit.

My 1999 TA A4 with less mods(SLP Lid) went Quicker and Faster than a 1999 C5 A4 with CAI and CB at the track today.

We compared slips,and my 120,000 mile TA was up to the task(the Vette has 100,000)

I can't wait to get some sticky tires and get my LT's on.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Yeah I don't know what it is around here. On days when I am paying attention, I can usually count a dozen or more Corvettes (or Porsches, or even 350Zs now that I think about it) before I see another 4th gen f-body.

Well, if I think about it, I guess it's because I live near a huge Corvette dealership called 'Corvette World'... You guys would love wandering around this place. Two large indoor viewing floors full of models from all eras, in both stock and built trims. Funny thing is, when I went there with a friend last time, the salesman said he'd been looking for a WS6. Guess he gets tired of seeing Corvettes day in, day out too!

Its understandable, and I understand your viewpoint better now too. You get tired of seeing the same old thing time after time. Variety is a good thing.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Its understandable, and I understand your viewpoint better now too. You get tired of seeing the same old thing time after time. Variety is a good thing.
    Yep, that's all it is. I loved Corvettes growing up. And I fully realize that the Vette is bad-ass! I had a friend that had a 99 black C5 for a while, and I admit I loved driving it. In fact, it's his fault I got hooked on f-bodies. He bought it from carmax, and I went with him one day to get it serviced. We wandered the lot while waiting, and there was a black 98 TA there. It was certainly part jealousy of the Vette, and I bought that TA the next day! That was the first car I bought by myself, no cosigner or help from parents or whatever. Been hooked ever since!

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Yep, that's all it is. I loved Corvettes growing up. And I fully realize that the Vette is bad-ass! I had a friend that had a 99 black C5 for a while, and I admit I loved driving it. In fact, it's his fault I got hooked on f-bodies. He bought it from carmax, and I went with him one day to get it serviced. We wandered the lot while waiting, and there was a black 98 TA there. It was certainly part jealousy of the Vette, and I bought that TA the next day! That was the first car I bought by myself, no cosigner or help from parents or whatever. Been hooked ever since!
    I know how you feel...My experience was similiar, but at the time I had an IROC-Z 5.7 TPI. One day my buddy let me drive his 2001 TA WS6 T56......I couldn't believe the pull this car had in 3rd, 4th gear!! The power kept climbing, while my IROC was pretty much on its way down after 2nd gear........After that experience it was NEVER the same in my IROC.......

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 camaro z28

im with the rest of the guys the first 3 lol

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

I would say no to everything but the C6 corvette Base model, My dad drives the base 2008 corvette and im in love with everything about it, the gear box, the motor, how it sounds when you shift. omg just thinking about it gets me off

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    omg just thinking about it gets me off
    weird

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    weird
    Ha!! Let's NOT go there........

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

WELL......MAYBE not!!! 10pokeSS EXPLAIN yourself!!!!!!!lol

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by jb3golf View Post
    I know how you feel...My experience was similiar, but at the time I had an IROC-Z 5.7 TPI. One day my buddy let me drive his 2001 TA WS6 T56......I couldn't believe the pull this car had in 3rd, 4th gear!! The power kept climbing, while my IROC was pretty much on its way down after 2nd gear........After that experience it was NEVER the same in my IROC.......
    hahaha i felt the EXACT same way when my buddy got an 06 GTO i was like... this car is jesus? and i got back in my car and i was like :womp womp womp:

then i decided to get the ss... besides hes making huge payments on his gto and i paid for my ss cashhhh he actually hates his gto now.. its a damn shame what money can do to you..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information