Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 51 of 51

You would Buy/Trade your LS1 Right Now for WHAT???

This is a discussion on You would Buy/Trade your LS1 Right Now for WHAT??? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Schmalgar No. No. No. No. No. Corvettes of any newer breed are a dime a dozen around ...

  1. #41
    Member kevnstac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Woodstock
    Age
    57
    Posts
    211

    Black
    1999 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.

    Corvettes of any newer breed are a dime a dozen around here. All driven by 50 year old guys. I'd be just another middle-aged mid-life crisis guy. The rarity of the TA in general and the WS6 specifically makes it a much better car for me. I can afford a Corvette, but I'm not Tim Allen. It's not all about more power for me.

    The only Corvette I'd consider would be a true classic, late 50s or 60s model, guess those would be called C1 or C2s? But I certainly wouldn't trade the WS6 for one.

    Man I couldn't agree any more with how you put it. You couldn't GIVE me a Corvette.....ok well maybe you could...but I couldn't wait to get rid of my 2006 Z06 actually.
    1999 WS6 - Black - 414rwhp 401rwtq w/o NOS
    632rwhp 577rwtq with HSW 250shot NOS

  2. #42
    Waiting on the Tree transamtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Niagara Falls Ont.Canada
    Posts
    927

    NBM
    1999 TA A4

    C6 Vette.

    Used of course,let someone else take the depreciation hit.

    My 1999 TA A4 with less mods(SLP Lid) went Quicker and Faster than a 1999 C5 A4 with CAI and CB at the track today.

    We compared slips,and my 120,000 mile TA was up to the task(the Vette has 100,000)

    I can't wait to get some sticky tires and get my LT's on.

  3. #43
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Yeah I don't know what it is around here. On days when I am paying attention, I can usually count a dozen or more Corvettes (or Porsches, or even 350Zs now that I think about it) before I see another 4th gen f-body.

    Well, if I think about it, I guess it's because I live near a huge Corvette dealership called 'Corvette World'... You guys would love wandering around this place. Two large indoor viewing floors full of models from all eras, in both stock and built trims. Funny thing is, when I went there with a friend last time, the salesman said he'd been looking for a WS6. Guess he gets tired of seeing Corvettes day in, day out too!

    Its understandable, and I understand your viewpoint better now too. You get tired of seeing the same old thing time after time. Variety is a good thing.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Schmalgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alpharetta, Ga
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,060

    04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Its understandable, and I understand your viewpoint better now too. You get tired of seeing the same old thing time after time. Variety is a good thing.
    Yep, that's all it is. I loved Corvettes growing up. And I fully realize that the Vette is bad-ass! I had a friend that had a 99 black C5 for a while, and I admit I loved driving it. In fact, it's his fault I got hooked on f-bodies. He bought it from carmax, and I went with him one day to get it serviced. We wandered the lot while waiting, and there was a black 98 TA there. It was certainly part jealousy of the Vette, and I bought that TA the next day! That was the first car I bought by myself, no cosigner or help from parents or whatever. Been hooked ever since!

  5. #45
    Member jb3golf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Zona
    Posts
    600

    Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    Yep, that's all it is. I loved Corvettes growing up. And I fully realize that the Vette is bad-ass! I had a friend that had a 99 black C5 for a while, and I admit I loved driving it. In fact, it's his fault I got hooked on f-bodies. He bought it from carmax, and I went with him one day to get it serviced. We wandered the lot while waiting, and there was a black 98 TA there. It was certainly part jealousy of the Vette, and I bought that TA the next day! That was the first car I bought by myself, no cosigner or help from parents or whatever. Been hooked ever since!
    I know how you feel...My experience was similiar, but at the time I had an IROC-Z 5.7 TPI. One day my buddy let me drive his 2001 TA WS6 T56......I couldn't believe the pull this car had in 3rd, 4th gear!! The power kept climbing, while my IROC was pretty much on its way down after 2nd gear........After that experience it was NEVER the same in my IROC.......

  6. #46
    Junior Member Z28KID209's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Livingston, Ca
    Posts
    42

    Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 camaro z28

    im with the rest of the guys the first 3 lol

  7. #47
    Four Seat Vette 10spokess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    pasadena md
    Posts
    2,034
    Blog Entries
    2

    Black
    2002 SS Camaro

    I would say no to everything but the C6 corvette Base model, My dad drives the base 2008 corvette and im in love with everything about it, the gear box, the motor, how it sounds when you shift. omg just thinking about it gets me off

  8. #48
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    omg just thinking about it gets me off
    weird

  9. #49
    Member jb3golf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Zona
    Posts
    600

    Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    weird
    Ha!! Let's NOT go there........

  10. #50
    Member jb3golf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Zona
    Posts
    600

    Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

    WELL......MAYBE not!!! 10pokeSS EXPLAIN yourself!!!!!!!lol

  11. #51
    Member Maro SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oldbridge
    Age
    28
    Posts
    303

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by jb3golf View Post
    I know how you feel...My experience was similiar, but at the time I had an IROC-Z 5.7 TPI. One day my buddy let me drive his 2001 TA WS6 T56......I couldn't believe the pull this car had in 3rd, 4th gear!! The power kept climbing, while my IROC was pretty much on its way down after 2nd gear........After that experience it was NEVER the same in my IROC.......
    hahaha i felt the EXACT same way when my buddy got an 06 GTO i was like... this car is jesus? and i got back in my car and i was like :womp womp womp:

    then i decided to get the ss... besides hes making huge payments on his gto and i paid for my ss cashhhh he actually hates his gto now.. its a damn shame what money can do to you..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: Too Trade or not to trade
    By BiGPaPaSMuRF in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 03:37 PM
  2. Should I?? Trade in 01 Z28 for an '10 V-6 !!
    By 5abivt in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 09:30 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 08:54 AM
  4. To trade or not to trade
    By Mark01WS6 in forum GM Trucks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-10-2006, 05:24 AM
  5. F/S or Trade: 02 Explorer Sport 4X4 2 door 43kMi Trade up or down
    By NDelmoore in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 05:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •