Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

You would Buy/Trade your LS1 Right Now for WHAT???

This is a discussion on You would Buy/Trade your LS1 Right Now for WHAT??? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Schmalgar No. No. No. No. No. Corvettes of any newer breed are a dime a dozen around ...

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.

Corvettes of any newer breed are a dime a dozen around here. All driven by 50 year old guys. I'd be just another middle-aged mid-life crisis guy. The rarity of the TA in general and the WS6 specifically makes it a much better car for me. I can afford a Corvette, but I'm not Tim Allen. It's not all about more power for me.

The only Corvette I'd consider would be a true classic, late 50s or 60s model, guess those would be called C1 or C2s? But I certainly wouldn't trade the WS6 for one.
    Good answer and explanation here! Your perspective is well balanced. Enjoy your WS6..

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by Nero.Jacinth View Post
    No to all. Vettes are usually ugly and everyone has one. Mustangs are ugly, plus everyone and their cousin has one. V6 Camaro? No, just no.
    Thanks for the reply Nero! You have such a positive outlook!!!!!!lol

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I would never sell my car. I bought it to keep it forever...and the fact I don't ever see another 35th LE on the road is what I love about mine.

If I wanted any of those cars, I would just buy it and it would sit next to my other one
    Nice answere here. You seem to be a diehard F-Body fan!!!!! I feel the same way...........

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

easy...basically only #2 ..im not trading in my car to buy a c5 vette and have to start over again and deal with the dated design and horrid interior ...i would trade for c6 ls3 ONLY ..and high mileage is relative...if i could afford a zr1 ..even the monthly payments...i wouldnt be selling my bird as it is only a flash in the pan to the cost of a zr1 .....now that i actually think about it..the only thing i would trade my bird in for is a c6 z06 used..and even then it would be tough

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

No trades; Just acquisitions. It would then be a new base c6 or a zr1.

You've Seen The Butcher GoldenFlame's Avatar

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

-C5 Corvette with low mileage.

Actually been looking around for one

White
    1998 Trans Am

After driving the hertz vette I would defiantly love a C6. Not a C5 since it's still a LS1 and no more flip up light. Possibly a 2011 5.0 bit haven't got to drive one so I'm not sure. Not new Camaro V6 or V8, rather have a LS1 SS.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

99white/ 78 blk&gold
    1999 30thTrans Am&78 T/A

I know you said we had to pick one but sorry mine will never leave me. Thinking of buying 2 funeral plots so I can be buried in it. Unless maybe I could have a casket made like it. Lol

Black/Black/Black
    2000 Camaro SS Vert #5301

Keeping the SS. Besides, I don't want any more car payments at my age.
    2000 SS vert, #5301, triple black, A4, leather, 3.23,SLP lid & D/D, STB, chrome 5 spokes
    USN '64-'88
    #3 1951-2001

www.fquick.com/planemech2

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

No.
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.

Corvettes of any newer breed are a dime a dozen around here. All driven by 50 year old guys. I'd be just another middle-aged mid-life crisis guy. The rarity of the TA in general and the WS6 specifically makes it a much better car for me. I can afford a Corvette, but I'm not Tim Allen. It's not all about more power for me.

The only Corvette I'd consider would be a true classic, late 50s or 60s model, guess those would be called C1 or C2s? But I certainly wouldn't trade the WS6 for one.
    I guess that must be a regional thing, I see more TAs than Hondas in Tulsa. I get tired of seeing them. I am not talking about well taken care of TAs either.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by 30YRMUSL View Post
    I know you said we had to pick one but sorry mine will never leave me. Thinking of buying 2 funeral plots so I can be buried in it. Unless maybe I could have a casket made like it. Lol
    Dude I love your reply!!!!!! You had me rollin on this one....... I guess YOU really are a DIE hard fan...lol

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Would love to get into a Corvette. C6Z (I think I like the Z over the ZR1)
    Although the T/A isn't going towards one.

Grand Am is likely going towards a TBSS soon though.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Would love to get into a Corvette. C6Z (I think I like the Z over the ZR1)
    Although the T/A isn't going towards one.

Grand Am is likely going towards a TBSS soon though.
    Yeah, in fact Mr. Luos my buddy and I rented a C6 Hertz rental w/paddle shifters, and I must say it was an experience!! The overall performance on that thing was pretty amazing........Now I really understand why people say an F-Body is a poor mans Corvette!!

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

I think the intro C6's (2005's) run a 12.5 quarter mile. I'm thinking is that worth a trade/sell????? I don't know guys, my set up (all of ours most likely) on my Z28 has more hp than that C6...........

99white/ 78 blk&gold
    1999 30thTrans Am&78 T/A

Well part of the fun of these cars is the fact of pulling up beside a Guy in a new vette and knowing that if he even thinks about trying to take off fast you have the ability to chase his butt down pull beside him wave goodbye and down shift. Lol as long as he Is stock anyway ...but hey at half the cost of a vette we can build one sick machine

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

Well part of the fun of these cars is the fact of pulling up beside a Guy in a new vette and knowing that if he even thinks about trying to take off fast you have the ability to chase his butt down pull beside him wave goodbye and down shift. Lol as long as he Is stock anyway ...but hey at half the cost of a vette we can build one sick machine
    Well said......I recall racing a C5 Vette recently and it had so much confidence it was going to take me (on the interstate). Well, he was so shocked when I pulled on him with ease....I bet he was thinking.....What????!!!!

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28 Conv. M6

I must add that your point is so true. It doesn't cost THAT much to make our vehicles run great 1/4 mile times that easily beats newer cars....... Hail to the LS1.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I guess that must be a regional thing, I see more TAs than Hondas in Tulsa. I get tired of seeing them. I am not talking about well taken care of TAs either.
    Yeah I don't know what it is around here. On days when I am paying attention, I can usually count a dozen or more Corvettes (or Porsches, or even 350Zs now that I think about it) before I see another 4th gen f-body.

Well, if I think about it, I guess it's because I live near a huge Corvette dealership called 'Corvette World'... You guys would love wandering around this place. Two large indoor viewing floors full of models from all eras, in both stock and built trims. Funny thing is, when I went there with a friend last time, the salesman said he'd been looking for a WS6. Guess he gets tired of seeing Corvettes day in, day out too!

white
    1998 z28

Yeah I don't know what it is around here. On days when I am paying attention, I can usually count a dozen or more Corvettes (or Porsches, or even 350Zs now that I think about it) before I see another 4th gen f-body.

Well, if I think about it, I guess it's because I live near a huge Corvette dealership called 'Corvette World'... You guys would love wandering around this place. Two large indoor viewing floors full of models from all eras, in both stock and built trims. Funny thing is, when I went there with a friend last time, the salesman said he'd been looking for a WS6. Guess he gets tired of seeing Corvettes day in, day out too!
    In your part of town you that's all I see when I go thier are Vettes.

Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

C6 high mileage would be my choice if those are the only options. Its a far better looking car than any of the others, C5 is a minor step up to our 4th gens in my book , personally I like the looks of our 4th Gens better. Now the C6 is a different story all together, GM finally got the vette right and no stupid pop up headlights to mess up the look or have problems with. Who cares if mostly 50 years olds drive Vettes, be the one that has a C6, is young and drives it like it should be driven and enjoy it. Resale value the C6 vette will hold its value better than any of the others you list as long as you don't mod it much if at all. Than you can sell it in a few years and get a C6 Z06.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information