Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1314151617

You know you drive a Camaro when....

This is a discussion on You know you drive a Camaro when.... within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by shady milkman worth noting gentlemen..that without those v6 sales..there would be no v8 option...v6s sell the most ...

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    worth noting gentlemen..that without those v6 sales..there would be no v8 option...v6s sell the most and support the model so they can offer hi po options so some respect is deserved for the 3800.
    and also note that smittro is quite the 3800 guru and im sure does some very nice work to his 'tiny little' v6 to smoke 8 cylinders

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I'm not getting the 3.8 questions??? but anyways.. Consumer reports once listed the 01 Camaro as a, "do not buy".. I can see why tho I'll never get rid of her.. I never said I hated the car just the workmen/craftsmenship leaves many things to be desired.. I used to have very ittle trouble with things too.. However over the years the car has nickle and dimed me which is pretty cheesy when you consider the car is stored for winters.. If you're not having any troubles @ all, you're lucky.. As 4-time f-body owner myself, trust me you're lucky.. Oh and buy da way my cars are prolly better taken care of than yours.. The simple fact is it does'nt stack up to my nearly 20 year old z34 especially in the paint and built quality department....No paint falling off or bubbling like f-body suffers from.. It's quite frankly, twice the car and was more expensive new, than a new loaded v6 4th gen camaro.. early 3800 had to have a super charger to make lq1 power and later when the 200 horse n/a 3800 was released it still had/has less hp than the smaller lq1. But again comparing the top of the line lq1 to a slow reving all iron ohv v6 is like mixing apples and oranges.. The 3800 has a vast after market tho which places it amoung the best as well, stock for stock the lq1 is the better engine just speaking from experiance with both. No offense in any of this..
    Nickel and dimed you? For a ~10 year old car? What do you expect, no maintenence costs at all? Or everything is supposed to last more than 10 years before there is a problem? You shoulda been around 25 years ago, when it was a miracle when any car over 3 years old didn't need wheel bearings/tie rods/brake calipers/carburetors/plugs/wires/distributor caps/new paint job/suspension/on and on. I don't consider myself lucky, it's just that cars have gotten so much better over the decades, maybe I have a skewed perception of reality. So, if my PW motor craps out at 7 years old, I don't consider that being nickel and dimed. And I doubt your cars are that much better taken car of then mine, judging by how much you say your cars have given you problems and how little mine have.

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    hp per liter is ricer math ..idgaf if a 4cyl makes 57hp per cyilnder or 13 because at the end of the day..it still doesn't make it fast or any cooler than a v8..hp is hp and tq is tq ..period
    Well said, and I will always take the music/sound of a V8 over any 4 cyl car, and most V6s.

Quote Originally Posted by 99_SSinful View Post
    You know you drive a camaro when your buddy sells his mustang gt to get a crotch rocket to race you :]
    Well said number 2!

Quote Originally Posted by pewterz55 View Post
    and also note that smittro is quite the 3800 guru and im sure does some very nice work to his 'tiny little' v6 to smoke 8 cylinders
    True here also, except I believe his specialty is the Twin Dual Cam 3.4, not the "slow revving all iron OHV 3.8." And as the saying goes, there is always someone faster, how much do you want to spend? Regardless of engine configuration, BTW.

Back on subject here,

YKYDAC SS when:

At the stop light, an '09 Mustang throws you a few revs and you smoke him by the time you're at the top of 2nd gear and he does a ricer flyby!
    Last edited by Too Fast; 11-17-2010 at 04:29 PM.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Nickel and dimed you? For a ~10 year old car? What do you expect, no maintenence costs at all? Or everything is supposed to last more than 10 years before there is a problem? You shoulda been around 25 years ago, when it was a miracle when any car over 3 years old didn't need wheel bearings/tie rods/brake calipers/carburetors/plugs/wires/distributor caps/new paint job/suspension/on and on. I don't consider myself lucky, it's just that cars have gotten so much better over the decades, maybe I have a skewed perception of reality. So, if my PW motor craps out at 7 years old, I don't consider that being nickel and dimed. And I doubt your cars are that much better taken car of then mine, judging by how much you say your cars have given you problems and how little mine have.

Well said, and I will always take the music/sound of a V8 over any 4 cyl car, and most V6s.

Well said number 2!

True here also, except I believe his specialty is the Twin Dual Cam 3.4, not the "slow revving all iron OHV 3.8." And as the saying goes, there is always someone faster, how much do you want to spend? Regardless of engine configuration, BTW.

Back on subject here,

YKYDAC SS when:

At the stop light, an '09 Mustang throws you a few revs and you smoke him by the time you're at the top of 2nd gear and he does a ricer flyby!
    LOOK! I'm trying to be civil here.. I don't really care what your opinion is.. I fully understand the 3800.. NOT just dohc engines.. I was also around 25 years ago and yes the cars were worse..

Oh and I don't take care of my car??? Yeah you need to go read the "gm vehicle inquary system" thread and see for yourself.. Most of the things that happened to these cars started happening when the mileage was low just as it did with mine.. You're not speaking to some kid.. I've got 20 years in v6 alone which is prolly 20 years more than you've got in any engine configuration..
    I speak from experiance not misdirrected feelings.. Good day sir.. My car needed a new PS pump @ 27k nice huh..???? Auburn axle noise and leaks @ 29k also a sign of reliablity eh?? So you're saying if you buy a new car tomorrow and the next day the ALT dies, you're ok with that huh?? Just reutine maintanance eh?
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-17-2010 at 05:23 PM.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    this, last time I checked this was ls1.com......I think. ......nV6 f-bodies need to be compared to other competitive v6 rivals not to a LS1.Duuude my V6 blah blah makes as much hp/liter as your LS1. SOO in actuality your LS1 isn't better at all. Oh well aren't I stupid, guess I should've bought a V6 Or hell why not just a 4banger civic!?! They make just as much hp/liter as your LS1 too! <----this is the core behind ricer mentality
    errr except noone did that here in the thread.. Yes it is LS1.com, however the site contains many forums pertaining to cars, such as LT1, classic muscle, and yes v6 cars too.. Go tell someone in the classic muscle section with tens of thousands in their toy that their classic sucks because it does'nt contain an ls1, see how long it takes to get banned

V6 cars will be powering things when the v8 has gone the way of the dodo.. For the record a loaded y87 car books for more than a base z28 in like condition..

...and to the "oh well are'nt I stupid" part.. If da shoe fits!?!
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-17-2010 at 05:17 PM.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

I warned everyone once already to knock off all the grab ass

Last edited by konigandy6; 11-17-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1314151617

Thread Information