Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 325

You know you drive a Camaro when....

This is a discussion on You know you drive a Camaro when.... within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; YKYDACW you have to turn your radio up to drown out your squeaking interior/doors. YKYDACW everyone bitches about sitting in ...

  1. #281
    rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arlington,Texas
    Age
    26
    Posts
    815

    Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

    YKYDACW you have to turn your radio up to drown out your squeaking interior/doors.

    YKYDACW everyone bitches about sitting in the back seat because of the exhaust

    YKYDACW people who ride shotgun ask "whats this bump in the floor?"

    YKYDACW your greatest nemesis is a speed bump

    YKYDACW the only part of your morning routine that you look forward to is driving

    YKYDACW parents pull their kids away from the sidewalk when they hear you coming

    YKYDACW you have to fight the urge to peel out at every stop light

    YKYDACW everyone to your left and right at a stop light is staring at your car.

    YKYDACW you get thumbs up from strangers while your driving
    Last edited by LeadFarmer; 11-04-2010 at 06:25 PM.

  2. #282
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Prineville, OR
    Posts
    28

    Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

    You know you drive a Camaro when you take out a loan against it to replace the blown motor even though you were recently laid off. lol

  3. #283
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Todd View Post
    You know you drive a Camaro when you take out a loan against it to replace the blown motor even though you were recently laid off. lol

  4. #284
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Todd View Post
    You know you drive a Camaro when you take out a loan against it to replace the blown motor even though you were recently laid off. lol
    You're depressing us.

  5. #285
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    You're depressing us.

  6. #286
    Member camaroluvr447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Age
    27
    Posts
    234

    Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

    when you tell your girlfreind "my car and I need some us time." and she gets jealous.

    when you buy your girlfriend flowers/dinner to make up for said car jealousy.

  7. #287
    Member pewterz55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    502

    light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by camaroluvr447 View Post
    when you tell your girlfreind "my car and I need some us time." and she gets jealous.

    when you buy your girlfriend flowers/dinner to make up for said car jealousy.
    or when you buy your girlfriend a $200 dollar ipod for christmas and your car a
    $1000+ exhaust system

  8. #288
    Junior Member BiGPaPaSMuRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    63

    White/Black
    98 Camaro Z28

    You Know You Drive A Camaro when u bright light every car coming in the other direction cuz u cnt see shit with the dims

    You Know You Drive A Camaro when u spend all your free time cleanin and moddin your car
    You Know You Drive A Camaro when ur girlfriend gets really turned on when u rev the motor...

    You Know You Drive A Camaro when ur girlfriend nearly pisses herself when u smoke a mustang goin about 140 on the interstate...

  9. #289
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by pewterz55 View Post
    or when you buy your girlfriend a $200 dollar ipod for christmas and your car a
    $1000+ exhaust system
    The car can't leave or cheat on you.

  10. #290
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    You know you drive a Camaro when you have to polish your composite head lights every year because of the poorly designed cheap garbage they're made out of..


    YKYDAC when every single electrical system has or will fail or have some sort of issue..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif


    Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

  11. #291
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    You know you drive a Camaro when you have to polish your composite head lights every year because of the poorly designed cheap garbage they're made out of...
    ^This for sure. While the 02 has nice clear headlight covers (and has had since I bought it in 2005) I've had to have the 98's polished out twice now...

  12. #292
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    260
    02 Z28

    next time you guys get your headlights lenses polished make sure to get em cleared from a good paint shop.. worth every penny since you wont be polishing for awhile.. just make sure to wax it every time you wash..

  13. #293
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Thumbs up Glass

    Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    ^This for sure. While the 02 has nice clear headlight covers (and has had since I bought it in 2005) I've had to have the 98's polished out twice now...
    They can make glass into any shape. I don't understand why our lens could'nt be glass.. It's not like it will make the cars heavier..

  14. #294
    rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arlington,Texas
    Age
    26
    Posts
    815

    Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    They can make glass into any shape. I don't understand why our lens could'nt be glass.. It's not like it will make the cars heavier..
    umm because it's a chevy

  15. #295
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    They can make glass into any shape. I don't understand why our lens could'nt be glass.. It's not like it will make the cars heavier..
    Glass is a lot more expensive than plastic is my guess.

  16. #296
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Glass is a lot more expensive than plastic is my guess.
    SHitty wiring, shitty paint, shitty interior, shitty electronics, etc,etc,etc,etc the list goes on and on.. Except for the 3800 and the ls1 engines themselves, the drivetrains are junk too.. Pretty much sums up why I'll be starting over from the ground up on mine.. There's just nothing solid on the stock platform to work with.. EVERYthing needs rethought... So well engineered that they thought it wise to not put a single grease fitting on the car..( ) Could'nt even use the right glue on the things..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-15-2010 at 03:06 AM.

  17. #297
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    umm because it's a chevy
    I'm a die hard Chevy person myself but I will say this much. My 01 Camaro is the worst GM I've EVER owned.. Getting to 100k for me has been one problem after another with this thing.. I'm not talkin' a DD either here. It gets stored in winter and we don't beat on it (only over 80 maybe 5 times in 5 years)..

    The workmanship is just fungin' amaging to top it off! Night and day difference in build quality from my nearly 20 year old Chevy and my 01.. I've never had any of the problems with my z34 as I have with my Camaro (both cars fully loaded).... My z34 also has a FAR more complex stock engine setup as well..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-15-2010 at 02:55 AM.

  18. #298
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    SHitty wiring, shitty paint, shitty interior, shitty electronics, etc,etc,etc,etc the list goes on and on.. Except for the 3800 and the ls1 engines themselves, the drivetrains are junk too.. Pretty much sums up why I'll be starting over from the ground up on mine.. There's just nothing solid on the stock platform to work with.. EVERYthing needs rethought... So well engineered that they thought it wise to not put a single grease fitting on the car..( ) Could'nt even use the right glue on the things..
    thats too bad. i owned a grand am gt and i find my t/a better in the aspect that 1. it has to handle more power than the g/a will probably ever see. i think our driveline is pretty good when all things considered. i dont know of too many people twisting their driveshaft on stock to mild power..or really even their 10 bolt ( BIG DISCLAIMER..when using the car under normal conditions...no constant donuts or slapping drs or slick and dropping it etc) the suspension does leave much to be desired..but if i had a ws6 m6...id be happy with a 12 bolt, a pro 5.0 and koni/strano combination)

    keep in mind..our braking system is pretty good for our stock levels even up into the mild section....our rear brakes are more than enough for the car and our fronts with a good pad choice is damn good in most emergency stop situations

  19. #299
    ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    9,965

    White
    2008 Hummer H3

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    thats too bad. i owned a grand am gt and i find my t/a better in the aspect that 1. it has to handle more power than the g/a will probably ever see. i think our driveline is pretty good when all things considered. i dont know of too many people twisting their driveshaft on stock to mild power..or really even their 10 bolt ( BIG DISCLAIMER..when using the car under normal conditions...no constant donuts or slapping drs or slick and dropping it etc) the suspension does leave much to be desired..but if i had a ws6 m6...id be happy with a 12 bolt, a pro 5.0 and koni/strano combination)

    keep in mind..our braking system is pretty good for our stock levels even up into the mild section....our rear brakes are more than enough for the car and our fronts with a good pad choice is damn good in most emergency stop situations
    Grand am is a "j" body z34, grand prix, and cutlass supreme are "W".. Big difference in many ways including the most ridgid uni-body of all the larger cars.... The 4 wheel IRS on my z34 can run rings around my Camaro's capabillity.. Even being 200lbs heavier and 6 inches longer than the Camaro and a measly 207 ci, but more hp crank, and less torque than the 231..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-15-2010 at 06:30 PM.

  20. #300
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Grand am is a "j" body z34 is a "W".. Big difference in many ways including the most ridgid uni-body of all the larger cars.... The 4 wheel IRS on my z34 can run rings around my Camaro's capabillity.. Even being 200lbs heavier and 6 inches longer than the Camaro and a measly 207 ci, but more hp crank, and less torque than the 231..
    yes but you said it was the worst car from gm according to you. just letting you know how i feel.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Help: cant drive camaro
    By pewter Z28 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 01:04 PM
  2. World's first righthand drive 2010 Camaro
    By gmperformancecentre in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-13-2009, 12:31 AM
  3. 155 mph drive by in a 2002 Chevy Camaro z28
    By smokiechicago1988 in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 09:19 AM
  4. Letting the Gf drive the camaro?
    By Blue_01_Z28 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 06:51 PM
  5. First Drive of 2009 Camaro
    By tbirdsc44 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 01:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •