Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 LastLast

You know you drive a Camaro when....

This is a discussion on You know you drive a Camaro when.... within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; YKYDACW you have to turn your radio up to drown out your squeaking interior/doors. YKYDACW everyone bitches about sitting in ...

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

YKYDACW you have to turn your radio up to drown out your squeaking interior/doors.

YKYDACW everyone bitches about sitting in the back seat because of the exhaust

YKYDACW people who ride shotgun ask "whats this bump in the floor?"

YKYDACW your greatest nemesis is a speed bump

YKYDACW the only part of your morning routine that you look forward to is driving

YKYDACW parents pull their kids away from the sidewalk when they hear you coming

YKYDACW you have to fight the urge to peel out at every stop light

YKYDACW everyone to your left and right at a stop light is staring at your car.

YKYDACW you get thumbs up from strangers while your driving
    Last edited by LeadFarmer; 11-04-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

You know you drive a Camaro when you take out a loan against it to replace the blown motor even though you were recently laid off. lol

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Todd View Post
    You know you drive a Camaro when you take out a loan against it to replace the blown motor even though you were recently laid off. lol

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Todd View Post
    You're depressing us.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    You're depressing us.

Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

when you tell your girlfreind "my car and I need some us time." and she gets jealous.

when you buy your girlfriend flowers/dinner to make up for said car jealousy.

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

Quote Originally Posted by camaroluvr447 View Post
    when you tell your girlfreind "my car and I need some us time." and she gets jealous.

when you buy your girlfriend flowers/dinner to make up for said car jealousy.
    or when you buy your girlfriend a $200 dollar ipod for christmas and your car a
    $1000+ exhaust system

White/Black
    98 Camaro Z28

You Know You Drive A Camaro when u bright light every car coming in the other direction cuz u cnt see shit with the dims

You Know You Drive A Camaro when u spend all your free time cleanin and moddin your car
    You Know You Drive A Camaro when ur girlfriend gets really turned on when u rev the motor...

You Know You Drive A Camaro when ur girlfriend nearly pisses herself when u smoke a mustang goin about 140 on the interstate...

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by pewterz55 View Post
    or when you buy your girlfriend a $200 dollar ipod for christmas and your car a
    $1000+ exhaust system
    The car can't leave or cheat on you.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

You know you drive a Camaro when you have to polish your composite head lights every year because of the poorly designed cheap garbage they're made out of..

YKYDAC when every single electrical system has or will fail or have some sort of issue..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    You know you drive a Camaro when you have to polish your composite head lights every year because of the poorly designed cheap garbage they're made out of...
    ^This for sure. While the 02 has nice clear headlight covers (and has had since I bought it in 2005) I've had to have the 98's polished out twice now...

02 Z28

next time you guys get your headlights lenses polished make sure to get em cleared from a good paint shop.. worth every penny since you wont be polishing for awhile.. just make sure to wax it every time you wash..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up Glass

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    ^This for sure. While the 02 has nice clear headlight covers (and has had since I bought it in 2005) I've had to have the 98's polished out twice now...
    They can make glass into any shape. I don't understand why our lens could'nt be glass.. It's not like it will make the cars heavier..

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

They can make glass into any shape. I don't understand why our lens could'nt be glass.. It's not like it will make the cars heavier..
    umm because it's a chevy

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Glass is a lot more expensive than plastic is my guess.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Glass is a lot more expensive than plastic is my guess.
    SHitty wiring, shitty paint, shitty interior, shitty electronics, etc,etc,etc,etc the list goes on and on.. Except for the 3800 and the ls1 engines themselves, the drivetrains are junk too.. Pretty much sums up why I'll be starting over from the ground up on mine.. There's just nothing solid on the stock platform to work with.. EVERYthing needs rethought... So well engineered that they thought it wise to not put a single grease fitting on the car..( ) Could'nt even use the right glue on the things..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-15-2010 at 03:06 AM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
    umm because it's a chevy
    I'm a die hard Chevy person myself but I will say this much. My 01 Camaro is the worst GM I've EVER owned.. Getting to 100k for me has been one problem after another with this thing.. I'm not talkin' a DD either here. It gets stored in winter and we don't beat on it (only over 80 maybe 5 times in 5 years)..

The workmanship is just fungin' amaging to top it off! Night and day difference in build quality from my nearly 20 year old Chevy and my 01.. I've never had any of the problems with my z34 as I have with my Camaro (both cars fully loaded).... My z34 also has a FAR more complex stock engine setup as well..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-15-2010 at 02:55 AM.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

SHitty wiring, shitty paint, shitty interior, shitty electronics, etc,etc,etc,etc the list goes on and on.. Except for the 3800 and the ls1 engines themselves, the drivetrains are junk too.. Pretty much sums up why I'll be starting over from the ground up on mine.. There's just nothing solid on the stock platform to work with.. EVERYthing needs rethought... So well engineered that they thought it wise to not put a single grease fitting on the car..( ) Could'nt even use the right glue on the things..
    thats too bad. i owned a grand am gt and i find my t/a better in the aspect that 1. it has to handle more power than the g/a will probably ever see. i think our driveline is pretty good when all things considered. i dont know of too many people twisting their driveshaft on stock to mild power..or really even their 10 bolt ( BIG DISCLAIMER..when using the car under normal conditions...no constant donuts or slapping drs or slick and dropping it etc) the suspension does leave much to be desired..but if i had a ws6 m6...id be happy with a 12 bolt, a pro 5.0 and koni/strano combination)

keep in mind..our braking system is pretty good for our stock levels even up into the mild section....our rear brakes are more than enough for the car and our fronts with a good pad choice is damn good in most emergency stop situations

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    thats too bad. i owned a grand am gt and i find my t/a better in the aspect that 1. it has to handle more power than the g/a will probably ever see. i think our driveline is pretty good when all things considered. i dont know of too many people twisting their driveshaft on stock to mild power..or really even their 10 bolt ( BIG DISCLAIMER..when using the car under normal conditions...no constant donuts or slapping drs or slick and dropping it etc) the suspension does leave much to be desired..but if i had a ws6 m6...id be happy with a 12 bolt, a pro 5.0 and koni/strano combination)

keep in mind..our braking system is pretty good for our stock levels even up into the mild section....our rear brakes are more than enough for the car and our fronts with a good pad choice is damn good in most emergency stop situations
    Grand am is a "j" body z34, grand prix, and cutlass supreme are "W".. Big difference in many ways including the most ridgid uni-body of all the larger cars.... The 4 wheel IRS on my z34 can run rings around my Camaro's capabillity.. Even being 200lbs heavier and 6 inches longer than the Camaro and a measly 207 ci, but more hp crank, and less torque than the 231..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-15-2010 at 06:30 PM.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Grand am is a "j" body z34 is a "W".. Big difference in many ways including the most ridgid uni-body of all the larger cars.... The 4 wheel IRS on my z34 can run rings around my Camaro's capabillity.. Even being 200lbs heavier and 6 inches longer than the Camaro and a measly 207 ci, but more hp crank, and less torque than the 231..
    yes but you said it was the worst car from gm according to you. just letting you know how i feel.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information