Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 90 of 90

Which year SS to Buy?

This is a discussion on Which year SS to Buy? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Camaro - 19 city 28 highway Cobra - 16 city 22 highway Right now this kind of matters to me, ...

  1. #81
    SS Driver aerojt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    553

    Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

    Camaro - 19 city 28 highway

    Cobra - 16 city 22 highway

    Right now this kind of matters to me, I love getting that great mileage on a long trip. I am gonna be honest too, I love the 03-04 cobra, I think they are bad cars. Test drove one a few weeks ago. A few things really bothered me though. First they don't handle as good as my ss with sfc's. Second, the clutch was unbearably heavy, not like oh its for performance, just way too heavy for comfort. Third, I just felt uncomfortable in the car the whole time, cheap interior feel, just not up to the par of the cost. Still a fast car though, I think a stock ss would keep up fine, just wouldn't dominate like we do on every other car, haha. Enjoy quoting all of that for the next few posts...
    Last edited by aerojt; 06-30-2008 at 04:42 PM.

  2. #82
    Member mike302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Da Bay
    Posts
    136

    Black
    03 Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by StevoL82 View Post


    what kind of wannabe gangster trash says something like that?
    that actually came from a member of yours smart ass

  3. #83
    Member mike302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Da Bay
    Posts
    136

    Black
    03 Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by aerojt View Post
    Camaro - 19 city 28 highway

    Cobra - 16 city 22 highway

    Right now this kind of matters to me, I love getting that great mileage on a long trip. I am gonna be honest too, I love the 03-04 cobra, I think they are bad cars. Test drove one a few weeks ago. A few things really bothered me though. First they don't handle as good as my ss with sfc's. Second, the clutch was unbearably heavy, not like oh its for performance, just way too heavy for comfort. Third, I just felt uncomfortable in the car the whole time, cheap interior feel, just not up to the par of the cost. Still a fast car though, I think a stock ss would keep up fine, just wouldn't dominate like we do on every other car, haha. Enjoy quoting all of that for the next few posts...
    Im gonna try my best to contact that guy with the stock 03 cobra so he could run that ss guy from sunnyvale

  4. #84
    SS Driver aerojt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    553

    Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

    Quote Originally Posted by mike302 View Post
    Im gonna try my best to contact that guy with the stock 03 cobra so he could run that ss guy from sunnyvale
    I don't care, that won't change my opinion at all depending on what happens. Read the post.

  5. #85
    Member mike302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Da Bay
    Posts
    136

    Black
    03 Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by aerojt View Post
    I don't care, that won't change my opinion at all depending on what happens. Read the post.
    mainly to shut that other guy up

  6. #86
    I flame retards CamaroFan71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La.
    Posts
    1,068

    QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

    Ive actually gotten very close to buying a cobra on a few occasions. One thing that is hard for me to get used to is how close the shifter is to the console, and the overall feel of the interior. Maybe its part of me being biased to always loving camaros also. Until my car is where I want it to be, it might not "smoke" a cobra but it wont be far behind it at all. Now my friends 408 with new h/c is a bastard of a beast. Ive seen that fucker make GT40's and Vipers take exits that wasnt theres just to get away from him.

  7. #87
    Member mike302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Da Bay
    Posts
    136

    Black
    03 Cobra

    Yea I believe that, my buddy has a 02 Z28 camaro supercharged, meth, and cam, THAT THING RIPS SOME SHIT UP! It was going at it with my buddies old Kennebell set up and it blew my doors off (before he installed the meth) like I said I know there is always something faster
    Last edited by mike302; 06-30-2008 at 10:11 PM.

  8. #88
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by CamaroFan71 View Post
    Now my friends 408 with new h/c is a bastard of a beast. Ive seen that fucker make GT40's and Vipers take exits that wasnt theres just to get away from him.
    Yeah 408's are nasty. My brothers old 408-cubed '99 WS6 made over 520rwhp naturally-aspirated.

  9. #89
    Member slpcamaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sunnyvale
    Posts
    453

    silver
    98 ss camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by mike302 View Post
    Im gonna try my best to contact that guy with the stock 03 cobra so he could run that ss guy from sunnyvale
    I'm down, everyone started running their mouth after you posted "i'm trying to save him a headache," thats not showing respect thats running your mouth that's when everything really started with you. Next you talk about we have to do all that, I said intake, headers and exhaust your talking about 1k which is less the the price diff between the cars, and look what I have to do..... that cobra's got a blower I'm not afraid to race one but don't act like i'm talking about putting thousands under the hood when its a few simple mod's. Next i'll give it to the 04 term cobra but thats it the other years waste of money and sad gas milage i'm sorry no car with headers, intake and exhaust should beat something with a supercharger it's just sad in my opionion. Sound wise If you like hollow sounds thats you but I know all my ford friends will say they like the mustangs but the camaro sounds better. i'll give a mustang repect hell i co-signed for my friends 07 gt but like i said in the beginning you started running your mouth about trying to save him a headache thats when you started disrespecting chevy and thats when I started talking about ford. And you still can't say that adding a supercharger doesn't give more shit to go wrong compared then a stock motor so with worse gas milage, more expensive and not worth the price difference, doesn't sound as good (in most peoples opionion) I'm not seeing the advantage to a cobra here not saying their slow or horriable but not worth the money. Btw why are you sitting on a ls1 forum when you own a cobra and are gonna come on here running your mouth about get a ford to save him a headache. like I said if you want respect give it but talking about saving him a headache by getting a supercharged car thats more expensive, worse on gas, hollower sound and for a very small hp difference not worth it at all. I'm down to race what yr and what mods do you have i'm not scared a 04 termi barely pulls on me i don't mind seeing what my car can do you wanna wait a few months i'll have my headers in and we can make it a real race and talking about you'll race I believe someone called you out said he's down you never responded.

  10. #90
    Member mike302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Da Bay
    Posts
    136

    Black
    03 Cobra

    Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaro View Post
    I'm down, everyone started running their mouth after you posted "i'm trying to save him a headache," thats not showing respect thats running your mouth that's when everything really started with you. Next you talk about we have to do all that, I said intake, headers and exhaust your talking about 1k which is less the the price diff between the cars, and look what I have to do..... that cobra's got a blower I'm not afraid to race one but don't act like i'm talking about putting thousands under the hood when its a few simple mod's. Next i'll give it to the 04 term cobra but thats it the other years waste of money and sad gas milage i'm sorry no car with headers, intake and exhaust should beat something with a supercharger it's just sad in my opionion. Sound wise If you like hollow sounds thats you but I know all my ford friends will say they like the mustangs but the camaro sounds better. i'll give a mustang repect hell i co-signed for my friends 07 gt but like i said in the beginning you started running your mouth about trying to save him a headache thats when you started disrespecting chevy and thats when I started talking about ford. And you still can't say that adding a supercharger doesn't give more shit to go wrong compared then a stock motor so with worse gas milage, more expensive and not worth the price difference, doesn't sound as good (in most peoples opionion) I'm not seeing the advantage to a cobra here not saying their slow or horriable but not worth the money. Btw why are you sitting on a ls1 forum when you own a cobra and are gonna come on here running your mouth about get a ford to save him a headache. like I said if you want respect give it but talking about saving him a headache by getting a supercharged car thats more expensive, worse on gas, hollower sound and for a very small hp difference not worth it at all. I'm down to race what yr and what mods do you have i'm not scared a 04 termi barely pulls on me i don't mind seeing what my car can do you wanna wait a few months i'll have my headers in and we can make it a real race and talking about you'll race I believe someone called you out said he's down you never responded.
    FIRST OF ALL IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT GAS MILEAGE THEN YOU DON"T DESERVE A SPORTS/MUSCLE CAR, JUST GET A LIL HONDA OR HYBRID THEN!

    I started running my mouth cause people started running their mouth, that just pissed me off, I could be the nicest person, but once you start talking shit then it's bad! it started when some guy here said that 03/04 cobras are fast but ugly! THATS WHEN IT REALLY STARTED! all I did was I fired back

    For the guy that called me out I don't know his mods yet I think he said that he has his 200# jets in and that he is a low 11 sec car, now Y would I drive all the way over there just to lose, I accept that I will lose, I'm not saying I'm the fastest guy out there. Let me install some goodies I have at home then we will run em. If he wants to run em now I could get another cobra that is in his power area!


    and about the race, you want to race me? or the stock 03 cobra guy??? I can't guarantee he'll do it but if you want to run him then I will try my best to get him out! I think HEADERS, Intake and Exhaust will run you a bit more than $1000, unless you are buying some cheap shit or used! If you want to go with "my car is cheaper and all I got to do is add $1-2K into it and it could keep up to your cobra" what about a 85-93 5.0 mustang just put like $2-3K into it and it's lights out for your ss or firebird! and 85-93 50s run about $2-4500

    I had a 85 hatchback with 2-3K dumped into it and trust me I was taking CAI and catback SSs easy!
    Last edited by mike302; 07-01-2008 at 06:31 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. This year at G14
    By transamgirl89 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 11:49 AM
  2. Twenty something year old men looking at 17 year o
    By 86 IROC-Z in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 10:32 PM
  3. 22 year old guy having sex with a 16 year old girl
    By Dewayne2 in forum Political / Debate Forum
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 08:36 PM
  4. Bad year
    By TROYWS6X in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 07:23 AM
  5. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 07:46 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •