Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrecked the SS

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Wrecked the SS

Long story short was on my way home with couple of friends coming back from the club. My friend who was in a Tahoe was driving in front of me and I was was following her. She needed to get some gas so we pulled into the ARCO (she was getting gas, not me and not from ARCO). Anyways as we pull in I'm probly 1-1 1/2 car lenghts behind her and out of nowhere she slams on the breaks and I plow my driver side front end into the right side of her bumper. Fuckin crushed my left side looking at the car from the front. But that's not even the bitch about the whole fucking thing. My insurance wouldn't cover the damages. Here's the bomb shell...one company gave me a estimate for over $11,000.00, 60% of the car's value. Now I'm fucking stuck with a batted car which I am still financing and I got a fucking helluva mutha fucking bill to get her back in the condition that she was in. Hopefully I will have some pics up so you can take a look at the damage. Just makes you appriciate our cars even more and how rare they are. Thing that is really starting to tick me off is the fucking looks people are giving me. All I gots to say to them is, "You still ain't keeping up mutha fuckas." She still drives the same and haul ass the same but she don't look the same. They say that sometimes good things come from accidents and in no way, shap or for is this a mutha fucking good thing. BTW does anyone know about some good body shops in the greater Sacramento, Ca area?
    Last edited by SAGGIN; 12-07-2007 at 03:34 PM.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

why want the insurance cover it ?

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

ouch!

is the frame bent, or why 11k? seems overly much.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

I completely totaled my SS, bent the frame, destroyed both fenders, the hood, the windshield, roof and one door plus headlights and lots of things under the hood, all 4 wheels and tires trashed. The estimate was $12,000 and the insurance company did fix mine. It's good as new now.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

No frame, engine or critical parts have been damaged. Ram air hood is cracked down the middle, right fender is pushed back like 18 inches or so. My insurance wouldn't cover it because they was a discrepency in my coverage or some shit like that. The insuracne company is the one that gave me the quote and I think they may have been trying to bull shit me. The insurance adjuster told me that the RAM Air hood alone was $2000.00 when I can get a brand spankin new one for $500.00. I will take some close ups and maybe some of you can tell me by just looking at the damage if it really is going to cost that much or not.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Damn that sucks, I hate fuckin insurance companies, you over pay them and then something happens they dont want to do shit. and if nothing happens, they keep your money.

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

i smashed my z28 head on into a guard rail. both fenders, nose, radiator and one headlight replaced, a little straightening on the frame and the hood, paint (also hood): 5,500 euro. including 16% sales tax. and i pay import prices here in germany. so it would prolly been less than 5k dollars if it happened in the u.s.

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

that f***ing SUCKS !!!! i had an 02' camaro SS and i got rearended by some a hole and the insurance totaled it. i thought for sure they could fix it. i even drove it outa the street after the accident.heres a pic

oh and as far as a body shop, unless you have a relative that owns a shop or works at one they're gonna rip ya
    Last edited by ggino85; 09-23-2008 at 06:57 PM.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

OEM GM ram air hood- $2,000 (went up)
    Bumper- $500
    front fender- $300

$11,000 is ridiculous.

White
    2000 SS Camaro

Sorry to hear about the SS. There is more to fixing a wreck car than just replacing a fender, bumper and a hood. There are many structual parts that are behind the fender and bumper. Most of the time these structural parts have to be replaced. Just think about it, the fender and bumper are only plastic, so the impact of the damage is taken on the structual parts. Plus the going body labor rate is $42 an hour. Also the materials and labor to paint the car. So I would believe your estiamte. By the way always use OEM parts, not the shitty aftermarket parts. Good luck.

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by SS-Power View Post
    Sorry to hear about the SS. There is more to fixing a wreck car than just replacing a fender, bumper and a hood. There are many structual parts that are behind the fender and bumper. Most of the time these structural parts have to be replaced. Just think about it, the fender and bumper are only plastic, so the impact of the damage is taken on the structual parts. Plus the going body labor rate is $42 an hour. Also the materials and labor to paint the car. So I would believe your estiamte. By the way always use OEM parts, not the shitty aftermarket parts. Good luck.
    i recently put on an aftermarket fender, and the quality really isn't so good. but it was a 3rd of the oem price... after all, it's just tupperware!

White
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    i recently put on an aftermarket fender, and the quality really isn't so good. but it was a 3rd of the oem price... after all, it's just tupperware!
    True, aftermarket is a lot cheaper. It comes down to price vs quality when fixing your car. I work in the autobody field and would never use aftermarket parts on my car. I'm not saying aftermarket will not work on cars, just the quality sucks. Sometimes you have to ream holes out to fit the parts. I have seen aftermarket parts fit neat on cars, but not many. Not trying to knock anybody using aftermarket parts.

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by SS-Power View Post
    True, aftermarket is a lot cheaper. It comes down to price vs quality when fixing your car. I work in the autobody field and would never use aftermarket parts on my car. I'm not saying aftermarket will not work on cars, just the quality sucks. Sometimes you have to ream holes out to fit the parts. I have seen aftermarket parts fit neat on cars, but not many. Not trying to knock anybody using aftermarket parts.
    naa, i got you! mine fit pretty well, but when it came i thought: cheap......

Red
    2001 ws6

ya, an OEM GM SS hood is 1900 here in new york, i asked my dads buddy who owns a boddy shop, he said figure it goes up 5%/year.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    ya, an OEM GM SS hood is 1900 here in new york, i asked my dads buddy who owns a boddy shop, he said figure it goes up 5%/year.
    ya, I was thinking of the tax and stuff and kinda rounding it off. I remember when they were 1,500 bucks. and I know that there is more to fix than just the parts I listed, but I still think it;s a crazy amount.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I had a polock do my body work here in town, he does great work, and was half the price of everyone else. He fixed my rear quarter panel, painted it, painted my back bumper cover, and painted my spoiler all for 500 cash. The other shops want 1300 bucks and 1000 bucks. I guess I lucked out, sorry to hear about you accident.

Black
    2001 Z28

I dont think it is your estimate that sucks, I think it is your insurance company!! I have State Farm insurance and have never had a problem. 2 examples with my Z28 alone are:
    1. I had my car outside at my old house and was in a hurry to mow grass before work, so in a rush, I accidentally put the mower in reverse instead of going forward and threw rocks from the driveway all down the side of the car and destroyed the paint. I had only had it about 5 days. I called State Farm and told them I needed to change coverage from my old car to my new car...........and I needed to make a claim. I didnt think they would cover stupidity, but they paid for it all minus my $100 comp deductable.

2. I have an OEM SS hood and it got hit by a baseball at my kids Little League this summer one day as I was leaving. I called State Farm and filed a claim and they replaced it with an OEM SS hood from SLP. They painted and clearcoated the top and bottom of the hood and custom painted the inside of the scoop as well, just like I had it before and I only paid my $100 deductable again. (Oh, and I got the cracked hood back from the shop and sold it for $200-----so I came out ahead!)

I have not had any collision claims in over 10 years (knocking on wood), but in addition to these two comp claims, there have been a few more and I am always taken care of by SF. My rates have not been affected either and I am not high risk.

Sorry to hear about your wreck, and I hope it all works out for you. I would find a new insurance company. If you are going to pay them for coverage, they should at least give you what you are paying them for. If not, why bother?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ggino85 View Post
    that fucking SUCKS !!!! i had an 02' camaro SS and i got rearended by some a hole and the insurance totaled it. i thought for sure they could fix it. i even drove it outa the street after the accident.heres a pic
    oh and as far as a body shop, unless you have a relative that owns a shop or works at one they're gonna rip ya
    I had simular thing happen to my 98 - thank goodness they totaled mine, even though I was very upset then..
    Last edited by lvgoldie; 05-06-2009 at 04:58 PM.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

man every one is wrecking there SS
    M6, Lid, Ported and Polished Throttle Body (By Me!), LT, Custom Catted Y, Electric Cutout, PHB, LCA13.21@108 with a 2.3 60'

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by ApexVIII View Post
    man every one is wrecking there SS
    I know! it was raining really hard tonight and I was all cautious and paranoid. I don't want to be next!

Thread Information