Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wrecked!

This is a discussion on Wrecked! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Z28_Driver Same problem here. Ordered in early January and picked it up in late February. Thanks. Not ...

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_Driver View Post
    Same problem here. Ordered in early January and picked it up in late February.
    Thanks. Not a lot of the SOM out there. Couple pennies shy of this one getting totaled by the insurance.
    Same time of year this one was ordered i think ordere december or somethin and came in mid feb.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    Same time of year this one was ordered i think ordere december or somethin and came in mid feb.
    Cool. Wonder how far they were on the assembly line from one another. Mine is dated for January 24th at the top of the build sheet.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I don't like the fit either. But they are all GM parts. The body shop had a hard time getting parts that would even go on the car. 2 bad hoods and 3 fenders before they got these. And there is aabout 2 days in the fitment of the headlight in that corner.
    Like said. I'm not happy with the fitment either, but thats the best they could do with overpriced junk parts and a dick of an adjuster.
    Can't really tell in the pics, but the strut tower was moved back a couple inches. Fixing that ate most of the repair cost.
    I would have never accepted that bs- f that. I am not tryin to be a ass to you man-I just hate they pulled that half ass bs on you man.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

It amazes me how easily they total cars now days.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Cool. Wonder how far they were on the assembly line from one another. Mine is dated for January 24th at the top of the build sheet.
    hmmmm ill look into mine and get back with ya

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    I would have never accepted that bs- f that. I am not tryin to be a ass to you man-I just hate they pulled that half ass bs on you man.
    It was just one line of BS after another out of the insurance.
    I took it back to the bodyshop on friday. The guy was able to get the nose to move and hide the gap at the hood. The problem is that the plastic clips that hold it in place don't hold tight enough to keep it there. After a little while it moved back.
    Not sure if its a good idea to put a few screws in it to hold it or maybe epoxy it from underneath. Any suggestions?

red
    00 z28

wow. this is ridiculous. never thought it would take so many hoods and fenders. did they order a passenger side hood or driver side?

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

It was just one line of BS after another out of the insurance.
    I took it back to the bodyshop on friday. The guy was able to get the nose to move and hide the gap at the hood. The problem is that the plastic clips that hold it in place don't hold tight enough to keep it there. After a little while it moved back.
    Not sure if its a good idea to put a few screws in it to hold it or maybe epoxy it from underneath. Any suggestions?
    Take it back again and tell them they need to fix it. If they say no-call the ins. adjuster and show him whats up. You have to keep busting balls if you want your car fixed. I dont care if they have to remove the nose and adjust whatever is pushing so hard on it that the clips won't hold. They obvioulsly have something fked up or this wouldn't be happening. Did you check the reveal between the front fenders and the doors? Is both the driver and passenger side the same? Don't accept this kind of half ass BS. I wouldn't touch it cause if you do-they will blame you. Make them fix it right-you deserve it- that's why you pay for ins.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

WOW! Looks great! I'm glad you were able to fix it. I just cracked up mine and it has been down for about 3 weeks. I finally should have it back next Friday to put it back together.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Little late on this story, but did your body guy try the adjustable hood stop? Its often a culprit with hood edge misalignments.

Check the gap space from the top edge (at windshield area) down to the lower edge. It should not be off by much. Check that seam where the bumper meets the fender....it looks a bit distorted (if you take it back). Paint match and overall work looks good though.
    Last edited by lbls1; 08-13-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    Take it back again and tell them they need to fix it. If they say no-call the ins. adjuster and show him whats up. You have to keep busting balls if you want your car fixed. I dont care if they have to remove the nose and adjust whatever is pushing so hard on it that the clips won't hold. They obvioulsly have something fked up or this wouldn't be happening. Did you check the reveal between the front fenders and the doors? Is both the driver and passenger side the same? Don't accept this kind of half ass BS. I wouldn't touch it cause if you do-they will blame you. Make them fix it right-you deserve it- that's why you pay for ins.
    The insurance won't put another cent into it. Offered to buy it for their estimated value, which is considerably less than cars for sale online or on the car lots around here.
    The best I can do is get the guy from the body shop to do a little tweaking on the house.
    The gaps between the doors and fenders are very close. Look the same to me.
    The only problem I can find is that the replacement fender seems to be very floppy. As in if you push on it from one direction or another the gap between the top of the fender and the hood shifts. It came from GM.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
    Little late on this story, but did your body guy try the adjustable hood stop? Its often a culprit with hood edge misalignments.

Check the gap space from the top edge (at windshield area) down to the lower edge. It should not be off by much. Check that seam where the bumper meets the fender....it looks a bit distorted (if you take it back). Paint match and overall work looks good though.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll bring this up to him on Monday.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Theres 2 bolt that hold the fender by the door. One is behind the mirror and the other is in the middle of the fender. It sounds like they forgot to put this bolt back in. You need to access it from behind the inner fender. Its 10mm and it also adjust the fender (takes out the floppyness) to follow the contour of the door.

The. Theres the 2 bolts on the bottom of the fender. These can be shimmed for adjustment and if they are loose it will also cause the fender to be sloppy.

white
    2002 z28 camaro

your car looks good .

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

The insurance won't put another cent into it. Offered to buy it for their estimated value, which is considerably less than cars for sale online or on the car lots around here.
    The best I can do is get the guy from the body shop to do a little tweaking on the house.
    The gaps between the doors and fenders are very close. Look the same to me.
    The only problem I can find is that the replacement fender seems to be very floppy. As in if you push on it from one direction or another the gap between the top of the fender and the hood shifts. It came from GM.
    Dude this sh*t goes on every time I try to get anything fixed/done by someone - it seems half ass and trying to fk people is how 90% of people/businesses do things in my opinion. It's very hard to find a place that does the job right and isn't some huge hassel and you don't get banged.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information