black
    00 ss camaro

Thumbs down wow complete destruction of my drive line

so fourth run at the track i warm my tires... set up for the launch second yellow turns i let it loose at 2100 rpms and i here nothin but bangs under me.. couldn really see that night but i got it on the rack and pulled the diff cover.. complete destruction.... its seized.. my drive shaft is snapped in half.. and my torque arm is ripped off the tranny.. so the moser twelve with eaton posi 33 splines 1350 yoke and 3.73's is on order im not sure wat happened with the torque arm its in perfect shape but i dunno if its gojn back on the tranny so i might as well do the relocation kit im thinkin umi i heard bmr sits to low.. and perhaps a spohn exteme duty driveshaft.. im still tryin to figure wat happened im guessin rear end seized then the whole rear torqued forward snapped the torque arm off and snapped my driveshaft... some guy in the shop thought he was cool and snickering that im a dumb ass kid droppin the clutch at 6000 rpm's i lit a fire under his ass for bein a prick.. but ne ways sorry for the novel but i was wondering wat with th relocation kit i should do
    00 SS TRak CAM,VALVETRAIN,CAI,HOOKER LT'S,3" ORY,CAT DELETE,PCV+EGR DELETE,LS6 MAN.90MM PORTED T/B, ASP UNDERDRIVE PULLEY,LS6PORTED OIL PUMP, FULLY BUILT T56 VIPER TRANNY,MOSER 12 BOLT 3.73'S 33 SPLINE BOLT IN AXELS ALL HOTCHKISS SUSPENSION.,BMR ADJ. TQ. ARM.,SFC'S, E. CUTOUT. 423 rwhp 416 rwTQ.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Sometimes when the rear goes boom it'll take the stock aluminum driveshaft with it. You're lucky it didn't take the tranny too. The spohn driveshafts look good for the price. I have an A-1 custom steel ds ($300) and a Strange 12 bolt/Mcleod clutch. Launching at 5,000+ on ET Streets is fun.

black
    00 ss camaro

holy shit 5000+? what do you have done to the tranny? im stillin wonderin bout the torque arm tho.. proly cuz i don hve a relocation setup

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueByU-SS View Post
    holy shit 5000+? what do you have done to the tranny? im stillin wonderin bout the torque arm tho.. proly cuz i don hve a relocation setup
    Stock tranny. Still have stock torque arm too. Lookin to get a Spohn tranny mounted, had a Spohn chassis mounted and it was extremely noisy. Sold that. Only thing that worries me with tranny mounted is the thin aluminum mount.

black
    00 ss camaro

and thats what snapped on mine was that thin peice of aluminum

Thread Information