Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

would you buy this camaro ss??????

This is a discussion on would you buy this camaro ss?????? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; [QUOTE=ajonesz28;1711813]How do you negotiate with these car dealers people i heard like they are experts at negotiation Can I get ...

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

[QUOTE=ajonesz28;1711813]How do you negotiate with these car dealers people i heard like they are experts at negotiation
    Can I get some tips ???
    Should i ever finance with a dealer?
    How do get a great price ?
    What to look for in the car while on a test drive?[/QUOTE]

mustangs to race.

lol you know its good then huh

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by ajonesz28 View Post
    lol you know its good then huh
    if you lose, then you must be in a v6 camaro.

ONYX BLACK
    01 SS

i just bought a 01 SS sixspeed with 89k on it for $8000 not perfect shape outside but motor and trans are sound!

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohn450 View Post
    i just bought a 01 SS sixspeed with 89k on it for $8000 not perfect shape outside but motor and trans are sound!
    congrats!
    Last edited by Boomer Sooner; 11-13-2008 at 05:54 PM.

White
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by ajonesz28 View Post
    How do you negotiate with these car dealers people i heard like they are experts at negotiation
    Can I get some tips ???
    Should i ever finance with a dealer?
    How do get a great price ?
    What to look for in the car while on a test drive?
    They're not experts if you have the "i have the upper hand on them" attitude. Espescially in this $h1+ economy. These people need a sell more then you want the car. Did you do your research on the car? If it's worth it start off by low balling the dealer almost to the point of being ridiculous. Most he'll do is laugh at you.. Then start to negotiate a fair price, based on your research. Financing is a matter of your credit. If your credit score is low (<650) expect to have a high interest rate loan. If its good (>650) then you can shop around for a pretty good interest rate, around 6%-7%. The buy here, pay here places are for those people with bad or no credit. They offer these ridiculous terms and interest rates. So short answer to your question about finance is: whats your credit like? About road testing. Check for normal wear/tear and any abuse that may have occured. Check it for strange noises. Hell, have your mechanic give it a once over for you. Hope some of this helps...

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Monguse17 View Post
    They're not experts if you have the "i have the upper hand on them" attitude. Espescially in this $h1+ economy. These people need a sell more then you want the car. Did you do your research on the car? If it's worth it start off by low balling the dealer almost to the point of being ridiculous. Most he'll do is laugh at you.. Then start to negotiate a fair price, based on your research. Financing is a matter of your credit. If your credit score is low (<650) expect to have a high interest rate loan. If its good (>650) then you can shop around for a pretty good interest rate, around 6%-7%. The buy here, pay here places are for those people with bad or no credit. They offer these ridiculous terms and interest rates. So short answer to your question about finance is: whats your credit like? About road testing. Check for normal wear/tear and any abuse that may have occured. Check it for strange noises. Hell, have your mechanic give it a once over for you. Hope some of this helps...
    in all seriousness, what he said.^^^^

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Yeah, never go through the lot for your financing. Especially those little places. I think I know exactly which car you are talking about and the little lot it's on.

Get your own financing for sure. I went through First Again and got a great rate. But, your credit will be a big factor in that rate. Shop around and get financing first. Then you have negotiating power

Oh, and it's going to be hard to get financing for a used vehicle with that many miles... Try to get an unsecured loan like I did. That way you have no lean holder and you negotiate like having cash.
    Last edited by KahanaReef; 11-14-2008 at 08:17 AM.

I think i am not going to be able to get it then cause you guys are older than me and got established credit and i got none. So you guys think the the dealer is going to give me a high interest rate and cant negotiate a good price.
    MAN IM SCREWED!!!!!!!!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Well, you may have to have a higher interest rate for your first car when financing. I know that I did...

Maybe a parent can co-sign for you?

You need to get credit established somehow.

I hope it all works out for you though

Alright thanks kahaha reef you have been a great help

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Don't give up. Put in a applications for financing through several different companies. You can do it online too. Just google auto financing.

Then, you are bound to get someone to finance you. Pick the best deal and go from there. It's always best to go in with the funds when buying a car.

Then, just make your payments on time. Pay more when you can, and you'll be building your own credit and have more negotiating power in the future.

Did you even have him run numbers for you to see what he could get you financed for? See what he can do for you. He wants that car gone trust me

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I couldn't find anything under 13k that was super clean out here in CA. That was about 6 months ago
    yeah things have changed since 6 months ago, hell if I waited another 6 months I would have been driving a vette today.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    yeah things have changed since 6 months ago, hell if I waited another 6 months I would have been driving a vette today.
    No shit huh!

Ah well ...

White
    2001 Trans Am

A C6 vette will probably be my next purchase. If I was the irresponsible type, I'd have one of those Z51s right now. But, a guys gotta exercise restraint and take care of the important stuff first.... right?

blue
    99 Z28 Camaro LS1

you could even shop around on Ebay! There alot of nice cars to be had ! Happy Shopping

Candy Blue
    2000 Camaro SS

It depends on how it runs, and miles aren't really too bad, it all depends on how it was treated by the previous owner(s), definitely get a carfax, and see but sometimes that doesn't show everything. I know mine has 132k miles on it and it runs strong, but does need minor maintenance items as well... It all comes down to if it was taken care of or not, who it was driven by and was the maintenance performed on time.... just my .02

2000 Camaro SS, M6, Edelbrock LT's, Eibach Pro-Kit, Edelbrock Adjustable Coil-Overs
    1986 Camaro Iroc LS1 Swap In Progress

Blue Magic...
    Like Pepsi It's A Brand Name...

Red
    1996 Z28

I was in your same boat 5 yrs ago when I was ur age looking for my first Z... getting financing wasnt too bad, parents co-signed the load which helped tremendously... but the worst thing you have going against ya is what your going to be paying for insurance... full coverage for me being 19 and male was like $900 every six months which sucked... so you need to think about that too

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

I payed 3000 for mine with 100k miles on it. I bought mine on a loan as well, they said if id made more money by about 100 dollars i wouldnt need a co signer. But if you keep looking around craigslist autotrader and ebay youll come up with one for the right price im sure.
    Last edited by 95camaroZNC; 11-16-2008 at 07:33 PM.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    send me the link to the car, i think i know the one your after and if its on 20's then dont buy it. way way way to much money, plus thats an la car, which means its a shit pile
    I think I drove it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information