Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Would I regret not having t-tops?

This is a discussion on Would I regret not having t-tops? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; ^Yeah tell me about it...current car is a hard top.....

95 Camaro Z28 Hartop 6spd

^Yeah tell me about it...current car is a hard top..

You need to look at autocheck for that car...it shows it has a rebuilt title. Just dont want you to get burned. Go to the ebay auction and click the vehicle history.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by thirdavesav View Post
    Just think of those sunny, hot, summer days out when all you can do is put your windows down.
    Windows up with the AC on. If not, I better be in a pool or out on a lake

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I have a hardtop SS and love it. Sometimes I wish I had ttops, like when going to the beach or on really nice days, but I just roll down my windows and forget about it.

NBM
    2000 FRC Camaro SS

I had a 1997 Trans Am with T-Tops for 9 years, I now have a 2000 SS Hard Top... haven't missed the T-Tops a single second, the hard top is such a stiffer car and adding the 3pt Sub Frames made it even stiffer, handles 10 times better with the same springs and shocks swapped from the TA.

Only thing i could honestly say I would miss, is putting things on the Glass Roof, ie; beer cans, keys, helmet... other wise it's a Fixed Roof Coupe Camaro and I'm love'n it.

We currently have a T-top and a vert. Had a solid roof car before that.

Personally I couldn't care less for T-tops. I don't like to take them out, only to shove them back in to lock the car up somewhere, and take them out again when I leave??? No thanks. To me they are just a pain in the rump.
    There is only one thing I do like, I leave the shades out 100% of the time, and I like the glass roof, being able to look up and see things. That's it. Otherwise those things could be glued down to never come out again.

If I really want to burn the top of my head, I just drive the vert and push a button,,,lol.

Our T-top car could honestly be a solid roof car and it wouldn't bother us a bit.

But to the original poster,,,,if you are already asking yourself if you are going to miss T-tops, then chances are good you already answered your question, sounds like you would hate to do without if you ask me. Go with what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by KC&97TA View Post
    Only thing i could honestly say I would miss, is putting things on the Glass Roof, ie; beer cans, keys, helmet... other wise it's a Fixed Roof Coupe Camaro and I'm love'n it.
    Ha, that's one aspect I haven't given much thought about but you are right. I have an old vinyl top car that I do that with, and when I drive a car with a painted roof it immediately becomes apparent when I want to set something down

Black
    1998 Z-28

So the auto-check has it listed for rebuild, in 3 different towns. Does that mean it was wrecked and rebuilt 3 times???
    98 Z: 6 speed, Comp cam, ported and polished heads, double valve springs, long tube headers.x-pipe with Bullets, Granatelli M.A.F.sensor/ lid.,and wires, 3:73's, Nitto 555R, tuned by Tennessee Motorsport. More in the future!!!

Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

i didnt think i wanted t-tops either but my car came with them. i love them! would never buy another f-body without them. feels like a million bucks driven down the road!

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by KC&97TA View Post
    I had a 1997 Trans Am with T-Tops for 9 years, I now have a 2000 SS Hard Top... haven't missed the T-Tops a single second, the hard top is such a stiffer car and adding the 3pt Sub Frames made it even stiffer, handles 10 times better with the same springs and shocks swapped from the TA.

Lol 10 times is a insane exageration. Yes the chassis will obviously be more solid but i had a hard top 96 formula and a 2000 T/A with t-tops and the handling felt about the same. Same car, same supension but 1 has t-tops and one doesnt it will feel damn near the same you may be able to tell a difference but it will be very minimal. Now targa vs hard top thats a a huge difference, complete roof gone, feels like a convertable with huge air catching scoop on the back.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-27-2010 at 08:34 AM.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I had 4 f-bods over the years all Camaros, all T-tops. I would'nt own a 3rd or 4th gen without them.

On a side note. There's just something about seeing a cute chicks hair flowing in the wind with the T's out the seat reclined and her little bare feet up on the dash enjoying the cruise...
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Oh and I forgot the night cruises with the tops out. Very tranquil imho..

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    On a side note. There's just something about seeing a cute chicks hair flowing in the wind with the top down the seat reclined and her little bare feet up on the dash enjoying the cruise...
    fixed

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    fixed
    yuk! I hate verts!

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    yuk! I hate verts!
    so do i but it fits the sentence better

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    so do i but it fits the sentence better
    haha jk

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

My last 2 Z's have been hard top and love it. Ive had T-Top 01 SS and it was ok, i used it every once in a while and that was because i told myself i have it why not use it type of thing. The car feels more solid to me then my T-Top car did but not something major. Either way its preference i think.

White
    1998 Trans Am

Guess it depends what the weather is like and how often you'd use them. I take mine off occasionally but usually just take my 93 5.9 lx vert if I want some sun. I use the trips mostly fall through spring here in Houston
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

True, how often do you use them. I'm from wisconsin what most people consider cold isnt cold to me. It was 36 when I left my house this morning, on my motorcycle on the way to my 40mile away job. I usually start riding in february/march and a majority of the days in those months are in the 40s, but I also snowmobile in -10 weather. My T-tops were off the day it hit 45-50plus and wasnt raining, unless of course my daughter was in back.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 04-28-2010 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    True, how often do you use them. I'm from wisconsin what most people consider cold isnt cold to me. It was 36 when I left my house this morning, on my motorcycle on the way to my 40mile away job. I usually start riding in february/march and a majority of the days in those months are in the 40s, but I also snowmobile in -10 weather. My T-tops were off the day it hit 45-50plus and wasnt raining, unless of course my daughter was in back.
    I lived in Ohio,,,now living in Arizona, and i still don't use them

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information