Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

will this fit?

This is a discussion on will this fit? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; i have no problem with my 275/40/17 's up front...

2001 Camaro SS Red M6
    i have no problem with my 275/40/17 's up front

Onyx Black
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    very grippy!
    +2 Verrrry Gripppy!!!
    got my 4 tires to my driveway for under a grand. tire rack.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by formula1804 View Post
    i have no problem with my 275/40/17 's up front
    probably because they were stock size.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGUAR5822 View Post
    Well you can be ignorant or you could go ask in the autocrossers forum and get back to us. By your logic we might as well go 225s all the way around because a camaro will still handle better than the old ass tires you mentioned. Unless you're drag racing, you don't want skinny ass tires in the front.
    So you are saying the stock size 245/50-16's are skinny ass tires??? I think you missed the point. But I expected that.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 SLP SS Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    So you are saying the stock size 245/50-16's are skinny ass tires??? I think you missed the point. But I expected that.
    I knew you missed the point as soon as you mentioned 30 yr old tires in a thread about a 4 gen camaro SS. Going from his stock size down to 245's will negatively affect the handling of the vehicle unless he's putting on racing tires, which he's not; usually that's not the effect people want when investing in new wheels and tires. And yes, when talking about handling 245's are skinny ass tires on our car. Don't you have an AARP meeting to go to
    Last edited by JAGUAR5822; 05-10-2009 at 03:43 PM.

black
    02 vette vert

I knew you missed the point as soon as you mentioned 30 yr old tires in a thread about a 4 gen camaro SS. Going from his stock size down to 245's will negatively affect the handling of the vehicle unless he's putting on racing tires, which he's not; usually that's not the effect people want when investing in new wheels and tires. And yes, when talking about handling 245's are skinny ass tires on our car. Don't you have an AARP meeting to go to
    whoa! watch the aarp shit. punk. [ha!]

black
    02 vette vert

my z came with 245/50-16s. upgrading to 245/45-17s up front along with sfcs etc. was a dramatic improvement. could it handle bigger? yes. would there an improvement in handling? probably. does the car drive like" god i wish this car would handle better"? no. does everybody have to have the biggest tires and wheels they can squeeze on? no. would every driver notice a noticable difference between 245/45 and 275/40 if youre not thrashing it in the twisties or autocrossing? no. if someone wants to put 245s on their car is that ok? yes. if someone likes 275s better and puts them on their car is that ok? yes. there, no more problem.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 SLP SS Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    whoa! watch the aarp shit. punk. [ha!]
    It's alright I like older people until they use the I'm older and you haven't seen what I've seen so I'm smarter that you card.

black
    02 vette vert

It's alright I like older people until they use the I'm older and you haven't seen what I've seen so I'm smarter that you card.
    some will do that. but time does bring more experiences and sometimes your outlook can be changed by them.

Didn't miss the point at all, it was meant toward your comment that 245's suck for handling. A statement that is extremely inaccurate and misleading.
    245's being skinny is only a matter of opinion. And just because people invest in new wheels and tires does not mean they want something wide,,,, Speak for yourself.
    I mentioned nothing of age or even implied anything about being smarter,,,,so don't get your panties in a twist there,,,,scooter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information