Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Will a cop pull u over even if???????????

This is a discussion on Will a cop pull u over even if??????????? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; lol i was just about to close this website when i saw a link on the top side for lmperformance. ...

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

lol i was just about to close this website when i saw a link on the top side for lmperformance. thats where i got my ssra. now that i know they're a sponsor i can post the link.
    http://www.lmperformance.com/1858/15.html

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

ok guys i just created a poll/discussion thread in the external engine forum so everyone can find out more about different cai kits. here's a link
    What CAI kit do you own? (SLP, FTRA, SSRA)

Thats great info. Thanks man. Out of all the cold air discussions I have seen here, I have seen no mention of this before. Wish I had, I would have been persuaded to buy this instead of the SLP kit.

Interstingly enough though, the top half looks just like the SLP kit I have, with only a lower portion added so it drops below the bumper.
    In that case I can probably just add a piece to my current SLP setup to bring it down lower and get the same affect. Larry

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Oooops sorry for the delay, I loose track of these posts,,lol.
    Here ya go. It doesn't drag,,,it's mounted level with the air dam, you would have to drag that first. Although possible, my car is not lowered and I am carefull with it anyway. It may be more of an issue on a lowered car. Then again, it's just a license plate, if it dragged the ground I wouldn't be heart broken. I would rather have the plate hit the ground before the air dam.

Hope the pic turns out okay. As you can see if you are back away from the car 10 feet or so it's plenty visible, and this is the view most of the cops get anyway when they are driving towards you. Hope it helps. Larry.
    I did the exact thing on my Z about a month ago...the guy guarding the gate game me crap today, because you couldn't see it good enough. I held up a sign---->I said I'll back up and show you that ur wrong. You can see it perfectly, except for the sticker. He looked pretty irritated towards me and a lil frustrated. The other guy was a civilian contracted who was an actual cop and said I could get a ticket for it. I don't think a cop would honestly give a ticket for that, but I guess there's your answer from a real cop i guess. Too bad they can't do a thing about it.

Ya I have been pulled over before but have never gotten a ticket,,,,I guess if someone wanted to be a real ass about it they could, but why bother with it. There has to be better and more important things for the cops to be doing,,,thats how I look at it.
    My plate mounted on the front air damn is not going to kill anyone or has never caused anyone bodily harm
    I say do it and who cares what they think...I'm not changing the front grille or drilling holes on the front facia. I would rather pay for a ticket.

Don't worry about it, I have 2 cars like this that I drive all the time, I pretty much don't even think about it anymore, at least I am trying to make an attempt to display it,,,they can't fault me for that

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I know what you mean. I was not going to do it at all till my mom threw a fit about it. Then I got your idea and went ahead and did it since it doesn't look too bad. I was gonna tell the guard I was planning on not putting one on at all till I seen how red his face was and he wouldn't quit talking. At that point I just shut up and let his words go in one side of my head and out the other. He was trying to tell me to put it on the grille....the whole time I'm thinking....blah blah blah. Then the civilian contractor said, "hey man he can do what he wants"....i said thx and drove off.

There was another guard who was real nice about it. He said hey I know how you feel...I said huh? The front license plate...oh yea it sucks...said he puts his on the dash...then we had a real long conversation and then he said to have a good nite.

Thats cool. The nice thing about it is it can be removed anytime very easily without the necessity of replacing the front grille back and forth. Plus I would rather have a couple of 1/4 inch holes in the air damn than have them front and center in the front facia somewhere,,,eeek. Just glad it works for you. Cheers, Larry.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Thats cool. The nice thing about it is it can be removed anytime very easily without the necessity of replacing the front grille back and forth. Plus I would rather have a couple of 1/4 inch holes in the air damn than have them front and center in the front facia somewhere,,,eeek. Just glad it works for you. Cheers, Larry.
    Well I finally got a pic of it...thx again man!

black
    2004 GTO 6M

My buddy had this same problem on his truck so he built a motorized bracket that folds under the bumber, when he gets pulled over he hits the button and it folds up, the cops always just crap themselves when he tells them to look again and when they look there it is.

Red
    01 Z28

well im from colorado and i have been pulled over once it was a 18 dollar ticket. but most of the time they wont even bother unless u r bring attention to your self

Silver
    2000 SS

They just past a new law here in texas if its a NEW car registered after sept. 06 then the front plate is not required anymore, but for the most part they usually leave ya along about it if your keeping to your own and not causeing any problems

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlezSS View Post
    They just past a new law here in texas if its a NEW car registered after sept. 06 then the front plate is not required anymore, but for the most part they usually leave ya along about it if your keeping to your own and not causeing any problems
    fuck it, i have two vehicles both NOT new titled in '05 and '06 and no way was i drilling into the front of my SS for a plate, no issues so far, and with the Exploder, i just ripped off the front bracket. i see no need for front plates so that camera cops can come out on top. cops dont pull you over from the front, they pull you over from behind...

nothing screams Big Brother more than camera'd intersections, and survalinced lives, but the majority of the public seems ok with that false sense of security and dont mind giving up their rights and freedoms for the smoke and mirrors illusion of safety and protection...

White
    2001 Camaro

We dont have front plates or inspections here in Oklahoma. As for police cars we did have Z-28s, now they have chargers. Oh yeah they have Suzuki Hayabusas also.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

if i saw a cop on a hayabusa i'd shit my self....if you're up against that thing it's over

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Here in MB, they dont care lol, they usuallly just get you for speeding, We dont even have emissions, we have the laws but no one ever forces them and we dont have any tests to take or whatever u guys do in the other states

Black, Primer
    2002 SS SLP 1970 RS

Yeah I got a 70 RS and there is no way I was going to put one on the front of it (looks goofy) So I got pulled for it (loud exhaust) driving a little fast so they gave me a fix it ticket. Zip tied that Shat on there and had a cop sign it off. No money out of my pocket. Well 7 cents. After he signed it of went the plate lol

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

california requires to have afront license plate. I got a ticket for it. told the officer it came like that. officer was an ass! I put on the front plate, got the ticket sign off and took that piece of sh@t plate off. never got buged again.

White
    2001 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper415 View Post
    if i saw a cop on a hayabusa i'd shit my self....if you're up against that thing it's over
    The Highway patrol only has 2 of them last time I checked in the OKC area. I was in the sportbike scene and yeah the will run about 186mph in stock form.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Here in MB, they dont care lol, they usuallly just get you for speeding, We dont even have emissions, we have the laws but no one ever forces them and we dont have any tests to take or whatever u guys do in the other states
    i went to myrtle beach during spring break a few years ago. it was nice but the cops were nazi's there....always circling the block and trying to bust kids for drinking or loud parties. but there were like 10 hooters restaurants in that city as well as a cool strip club called the crazy horse.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information