Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

why do i feel guilty falling for the new camaro?

This is a discussion on why do i feel guilty falling for the new camaro? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by MNZ28 I know I am gonna get bashed for this but I hate the new camaro. So ...

SOM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by MNZ28 View Post
    I know I am gonna get bashed for this but I hate the new camaro. So GM who could have done something new in 2003 decided fuck it just stop. Ford was on the ball and actually came up with a new idea, WOW and it sold like no tomorrow. I guess what I m trying to get at is they could have done any piece of shit and put the name camaro on it and someone would be like oh thats cool. The car looks ok from some angles but the back is horrible and when I seen it in person thought the back was even worse. Dont get me wrong I loved seeing a new camaro out but they could have done so much more. To those who really like it good for you but it just doesnt seem like what I expected. I will never fall in love with it like I have third gens and then ls1 fourth gens. Sorry for the ramble.
    i can see where you are comming from... i didnt like it at the SD autoshow.. but i kinda like it now... but after much deciding.. not enough to get rid of my 2002... and thats the only way i could get one... so... not selling my baby...

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I think you're right to hang onto your car. Those new Camaro's are huge next to our cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate BlackJack Jay View Post
    i can see where you are comming from... i didnt like it at the SD autoshow.. but i kinda like it now... but after much deciding.. not enough to get rid of my 2002... and thats the only way i could get one... so... not selling my baby...

CGM
    2010 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I'm with you. If I really just had to have a new car,,,the challenger is where I would be looking.
    The Challenger is $10,000 more than the Camaro, a few hundred pounds heavier, much slower, and handles like crap - all with a bland interior. That's why I bought the new Camaro.

I loved my T/A, and wanted to keep it forever, but it was time for something new.

Quote Originally Posted by erasedgod View Post
    The Challenger is $10,000 more than the Camaro, a few hundred pounds heavier, much slower, and handles like crap - all with a bland interior. That's why I bought the new Camaro.

I loved my T/A, and wanted to keep it forever, but it was time for something new.
    I'm not a person who makes there car buying decision on how heavy a car is or how fast it is
    That should be the least of anyone's worries. Shopping that way then why not just buy a new vette??

Quote Originally Posted by MNZ28 View Post
    I know I am gonna get bashed for this but I hate the new camaro. So GM who could have done something new in 2003 decided fuck it just stop. Ford was on the ball and actually came up with a new idea, WOW and it sold like no tomorrow. I guess what I m trying to get at is they could have done any piece of shit and put the name camaro on it and someone would be like oh thats cool. The car looks ok from some angles but the back is horrible and when I seen it in person thought the back was even worse. Dont get me wrong I loved seeing a new camaro out but they could have done so much more. To those who really like it good for you but it just doesnt seem like what I expected. I will never fall in love with it like I have third gens and then ls1 fourth gens. Sorry for the ramble.
    Ya I agree. I give GM credit for giving it a shot, but I think they missed the ball. I saw them in person for the first time at Barret Jackson back in January, GM had a nice display. I couldn't get over how the car gave the appearance of a 46 Merc with a chopped top. I thought the SS emblems were too small and placed in the wrong spots, or not at all. And I can't get passed that chinese front end,,,,,and that back end??? I just can't get any retro feel from the car at all,,,other than that chopped top look
    I see quite a few of them running around now, maybe they will grow on me like the 4th gens did,,,it took me a while to warm up to them too. Still things I don't like but oh well.
    Maybe with any luck GM will keep it in production and make small improvements like they did when they brought back the GTO. It wasn't a big hit either the first year out. Change the hood and exhaust around and it suddenly took on a new look. Only time will tell.

SOM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

man... all of your comments i can agree on... i'd but a Vette in a heartbeat but... gotta love my 2002 SOM z28! has alot of potential for HP and looks... maybe one day i can keep my Z28 and get a new camaro.. then i'd be set!

man... all of your comments i can agree on... i'd but a Vette in a heartbeat but... gotta love my 2002 SOM z28! has alot of potential for HP and looks... maybe one day i can keep my Z28 and get a new camaro.. then i'd be set!
    Ya that's the way to do it. Takes an understanding wife, because eventually it turns into a sickness, every car has it's own purpose, then a bigger garage is needed, so you have to move where you can build that bigger garage,,,next thing you know you have a small collection

black
    02 vette vert

oh, i guess i might as well chime in here. i got a good look at the new camaro at carlisle in all kinds of different trim levels and mods, and i thought it was alright, much better in person. i was at the drags and saw the late model hemi show put on by hemi inc. ithink was the name of the company. with the usual power building mods, everything from the 300, magnum, charger, and the challenger were very impressive. all the test specs whether it was 1/4 mi. times, skid pad g-force etc. would not be my criteria for buying a new car. my feeling for the styling and seat of the pants feel for performance is where its at. so anyway, wife and i go for a bike ride the other day, stumble on a dodge dealer out in the country, and right in front nose to nose are the srt8 charger super bee edition, and a challenger r/t 6 speed w/ the chrome wheels, both in hemi orange with black stripes. very impressive sight. having owned a magnum r/t awd recently, i already know i like the interior layout, stereo, seats and stuff, and without the awd, i know about what the performance level should be. the challenger would be my choice hands down over a new camaro. i think the charger in r/t trim instead of the srt8 would be choice #2. and as usual, this is my american guaranteed free expression.

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    oh, i guess i might as well chime in here. i got a good look at the new camaro at carlisle in all kinds of different trim levels and mods, and i thought it was alright, much better in person. i was at the drags and saw the late model hemi show put on by hemi inc. ithink was the name of the company. with the usual power building mods, everything from the 300, magnum, charger, and the challenger were very impressive. all the test specs whether it was 1/4 mi. times, skid pad g-force etc. would not be my criteria for buying a new car. my feeling for the styling and seat of the pants feel for performance is where its at. so anyway, wife and i go for a bike ride the other day, stumble on a dodge dealer out in the country, and right in front nose to nose are the srt8 charger super bee edition, and a challenger r/t 6 speed w/ the chrome wheels, both in hemi orange with black stripes. very impressive sight. having owned a magnum r/t awd recently, i already know i like the interior layout, stereo, seats and stuff, and without the awd, i know about what the performance level should be. the challenger would be my choice hands down over a new camaro. i think the charger in r/t trim instead of the srt8 would be choice #2. and as usual, this is my american guaranteed free expression.

I agree, styling and seat of the pants feel with overall appeal just do it for me. I really don't care about the performance so much,,,that can be easily altered to any particular taste,,,but you can't take a camaro and make it look like a challenger

Black
    1998 Camaro SS

a guy i know whos very wealthy bought a brand new SS and a brand new challanger, when i talked to him he said he liked the challenger better (he has first year SRT) but all in all he said both cars were a blast to drive. Everytime i see one on the road i end up with a smile on my face because it says, GM didnt totally forget about there true awsome pony car but also it shows everyone isnt a mustang lovin douch. (no offence i like some stangs). Either or buy American and dont support other countires

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

Screw the new "Camaro" and the shitty "C7" 'Vette concept

I'd rather spend or save for a C6 'Vette, or a nice Mopar

SOM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ya that's the way to do it. Takes an understanding wife, because eventually it turns into a sickness, every car has it's own purpose, then a bigger garage is needed, so you have to move where you can build that bigger garage,,,next thing you know you have a small collection
    thats why i love my boyfriend... he has his truck(just to haul with.. GMC 3500) and then he has his 04 comp. orange Mach 1.. and i have my 2002 camaro... and he wants a 1970 chevelle.. and so do i... we both love cars.. and i wouldnt let him sell his cars for anything!

SOM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by O'Learys_SS View Post
    a guy i know whos very wealthy bought a brand new SS and a brand new challanger, when i talked to him he said he liked the challenger better (he has first year SRT) but all in all he said both cars were a blast to drive. Everytime i see one on the road i end up with a smile on my face because it says, GM didnt totally forget about there true awsome pony car but also it shows everyone isnt a mustang lovin douch. (no offence i like some stangs). Either or buy American and dont support other countires
    i second that...

see here i am with a great AMERICAN made nova...(even tho a chevelle is better.. this one still was badass!)

SOM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by IT_SS View Post
    Screw the new "Camaro" and the shitty "C7" 'Vette concept

I'd rather spend or save for a C6 'Vette, or a nice Mopar
    z06? those are pretty hot....

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    dont do it! every dork is gonna have one to make themselves cool.[ no offense to regular people who just plain like it ] all the dorks that bought new t/a's only kept them till the next cool thing came along. true motor heads kept them, or snatched them up after the dorks turned them loose.
    Makes sense actually.

I'll be looking for a '10 Camaro around 2013 or 14.

Nothing wrong with liking a new Camaro. It's that there's something out there that we can actually replace our cars with. The newest 4th gen is 7 years old, after all, nothing with wanting a new car.

Luckily I won't be able to even think about affording one till they're 3 or 4 years old, so I don't have the temptation.

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

Thumbs up

z06? those are pretty hot....
    C6 Z06 > current girl friend (and shes hot)

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by IT_SS View Post
    C6 Z06 = current girl friend (and shes hot) + a lot more hot and hotter girls
    That needed some attention.

Green
    1994 Trans Am GTA

I agree...I do have a loyalty to my car...I feel weird getting too excited about another ride when in my TA...I always let her know she the my Number 1...no matter what....lol
    "I'll gut you like a fish!"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information