Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Why is it called a Berger panel

This is a discussion on Why is it called a Berger panel within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 To each their own, do what you want with YOUR car. Preston's is an exception to ...

  1. #21
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    To each their own, do what you want with YOUR car. Preston's is an exception to the berger panel, i've seen a few look good like his, but then i've seen more than a few that the berger panel just doesn't belong with the look of the car.
    I agree with that for the most part. There are a lot of Camaro's that slap it on that it just doesn't fit. With the stripe on my car, my car really needed it to finish off the look. Your ordinary plain jane red Camaro that slaps one on just so they can say they have a Berger panel, mehhh, whatever.

  2. #22
    515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,702

    440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I agree with that for the most part. There are a lot of Camaro's that slap it on that it just doesn't fit. With the stripe on my car, my car really needed it to finish off the look. Your ordinary plain jane red Camaro that slaps one on just so they can say they have a Berger panel, mehhh, whatever.
    I disagree. Your stripe is gloss black, unlike the panel. The stripe goes down the middle where the panel is across the whole back. I could see if you continued the stripe thru the origional panel, or if the panel was gloss black, but the Berger panel seems to not match anything on your car.
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

  3. #23
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Except the fact that it's black?? um..i don't see an issue

  4. #24
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    I've thought about trying something else with that panel, but fear of rejection stops me really. I'd get an extra panel so I could swap if I don't like it though. But here's my idea, give me some opinions on this... I'd like to try out something other than black, to go along with the stripe I've been thinking about....like a silver panel with red or black camaro inserts, and the manta and stripes like Preston's, except silver with either a red or black pinstripe......on an arctic white camaro SS of course

  5. #25
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by BADASS2000SS View Post
    I disagree. Your stripe is gloss black, unlike the panel. The stripe goes down the middle where the panel is across the whole back. I could see if you continued the stripe thru the origional panel, or if the panel was gloss black, but the Berger panel seems to not match anything on your car.
    The true Berger panel is flat black, not gloss black. If you want to paint a gloss black stripe down the middle of your car and then add a gloss black Berger panel to your Camaro, go for it.

  6. #26
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    I've thought about trying something else with that panel, but fear of rejection stops me really. I'd get an extra panel so I could swap if I don't like it though. But here's my idea, give me some opinions on this... I'd like to try out something other than black, to go along with the stripe I've been thinking about....like a silver panel with red or black camaro inserts, and the manta and stripes like Preston's, except silver with either a red or black pinstripe......on an arctic white camaro SS of course
    Getting a 2nd panel is the way to do it. That way you can always go back to stock if you don't like it.

  7. #27
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Or you could save alot of coin and hassle from buying more than one panel.

    Since you want to go with different colors then why not just paint the existing tailpanel of the car whatever you want. It's not a Berger car anyway so who cares if it has the Berger panel. Just makes more sense to me.

    In the 60's Berger never had a panel anyway, and neither did GM on the bigblock cars,,,they just painted the tailpanel black and called it done.

  8. #28
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Or you could save alot of coin and hassle from buying more than one panel.

    Since you want to go with different colors then why not just paint the existing tailpanel of the car whatever you want. It's not a Berger car anyway so who cares if it has the Berger panel. Just makes more sense to me.

    In the 60's Berger never had a panel anyway, and neither did GM on the bigblock cars,,,they just painted the tailpanel black and called it done.
    The replacement panels only run about $50-75, they are generally cheap to pick up from a salvage yard or online.

  9. #29
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    I've thought about trying something else with that panel, but fear of rejection stops me really. I'd get an extra panel so I could swap if I don't like it though. But here's my idea, give me some opinions on this... I'd like to try out something other than black, to go along with the stripe I've been thinking about....like a silver panel with red or black camaro inserts, and the manta and stripes like Preston's, except silver with either a red or black pinstripe......on an arctic white camaro SS of course
    Random idea, but why not try masking tape... and then just look at it from far away. That way you will get the look of a different color, and if you dont like it, just peal it off!

    2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

    2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

    2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

    2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

  10. #30
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,591

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    My Camaro prior to Berger panel:

    Click for full size

    Older pic, but after the Berger panel was installed. Added a lot of character to my Camaro:

    Click for full size
    That is how mine will look as soon as I get the the new kit on

    But, Arctic White of course

  11. #31
    515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,702

    440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    The true Berger panel is flat black, not gloss black. If you want to paint a gloss black stripe down the middle of your car and then add a gloss black Berger panel to your Camaro, go for it.
    I understand the concept of the Berger panel, I am just saying it dosent match anything else on your car. I dont want one....or stripes for that matter.

  12. #32
    WU8 Z4C stimpster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Indy!!!
    Posts
    104

    Red
    2002 SS Camaro

    I'd like to put one together and swap the original out too.
    I should buy the parts before you can't get them anymore new....

    Are the silver paint looking Camaro letters stickers? That matches the stripes.

    Thanks

  13. #33
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,591

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by BADASS2000SS View Post
    I understand the concept of the Berger panel, I am just saying it dosent match anything else on your car. I dont want one....or stripes for that matter.
    Well, it's a good thing that no one is twisting your arm to do it then, huh, Mr. Bad Ass

  14. #34
    515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Palm Beach, FL
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,702

    440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Well, it's a good thing that no one is twisting your arm to do it then, huh, Mr. Bad Ass
    Watch it Mrs Reef, I can hear that tone thru my screen!

  15. #35
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,591

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by BADASS2000SS View Post
    Watch it Mrs Reef, I can hear that tone thru my screen!
    I knew you would be able too

  16. #36
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    The Booger on my car.




  17. #37
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    The Booger on my car.

    Click for full size

    Almost a fantastic photoshop

  18. #38
    Consumer of kraut SiggyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    4,773

    Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

    'Almost', being the operative word.

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Almost a fantastic photoshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Question: Berger Panel
    By Z28boy2000 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 04:52 PM
  2. what exactly is a berger panel?
    By dklowrider in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 07:06 PM
  3. Berger Panel
    By midnightnavyz28 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 09:56 PM
  4. berger panel help
    By jimmybling31 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 08:15 PM
  5. where to buy berger panel
    By sstud in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 12:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •