Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Where can i get some chrome 10 spoke center caps?

Have a 2001 ss and looking to replace the factory center caps with new ones. Any idea where i can find some? Looks like they have been discontinued...
    HELP!!!!

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Junkyard hunting is in your future.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS SLP Conv.

Available

I just bought a new set when I got my stock wheels chromed at American Factory Wheels at 619-795-1048. They may ship? Call them.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Another source for caps

Thanks for the lead on american wheels. I'm at the next step now of having thE new painted wheels chromed- how good of job did they do and was the cost reasonable?

Also found a supplier on e-bay selling clones of the caps (but with adventurer instead of SS printed on the cap) price was $20 for set of 4. Just recieved them today and they seem to fit well. You can find them by searching slp in the parts section.

Ralley Red/Black Top
    2000 Camaro SS, 2006 GTO

I got the ones with Corvette Emblem, and a set with bowtie on them

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS SLP Conv.

American Factory Wheels did an outstanding job. They repaired one wheel (curb knocker) and triple chromed the wheels, new chrome caps, and tire mounting and balancing for $600. I supplied the chrome lug nuts. Highly recommended in San Diego.

Ralley Red/Black Top
    2000 Camaro SS, 2006 GTO

Got any pics

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS SLP Conv.

I gotta buy a digital camera and learn how to download photos to this site first.

I bought a brand new set of these caps back in about 2004 with the intension of going chrome 10 spokes on my 02 SS. Just never did. They are still sitting here new in the boxes. I'm not surprised they have been discontinued.
    Finding good used ones would be difficult at best. Your only option at this point may be to just find a set of knock offs, but they won't be exact.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Center cap is the same as used on the 16" flakes..

Nope. I'm talking about the 10 spoke chrome 17" SS wheels that used a chrome center cap with the logo "SS" in the middle of it. I'm pretty sure that's what the original poster is asking about too.
    They weren't used on 16" wheels. All SS's came with 17's. You won't find a 16" wheel with an SS logo for a 4th gen on it,,,not a factory one anyway.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Nope. I'm talking about the 10 spoke chrome 17" SS wheels that used a chrome center cap with the logo "SS" in the middle of it. I'm pretty sure that's what the original poster is asking about too.
    They weren't used on 16" wheels. All SS's came with 17's. You won't find a 16" wheel with an SS logo for a 4th gen on it,,,not a factory one anyway.
    Sept I am not talking about a 16 on an SS I am talking center caps..

They made polished flakes too.. Nothing was mentioned about the "SS" logo..

Last edited by Smittro; 07-10-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Sept I am not talking about a 16 on an SS I am talking center caps..

They made polished flakes too.. Nothing was mentioned about the "SS" logo..

Click for full size
    Yes there was mention of the SS logo,,,,he said he has a 2001 SS and he was looking for a chrome center cap for the chrome 10 spoke SS wheels. Those only came one way,,,,,,with an SS logo.

It was the painted 10 spoke wheels that got the painted style plain center cap with a bowtie emblem for both the 16 and the 17" wheel. And for the record, that's a 17" wheel you have in the picture on an SS. That center is correct for the painted wheels.
    If you ordered the optional chrome 10 spoke 17" wheels for the SS it came with a chrome center cap with an SS logo. I believe that's the wheels the original poster is asking about since he mentioned chrome.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 07-10-2011 at 05:07 PM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Yes there was mention of the SS logo,,,,he said he has a 2001 SS and he was looking for a chrome center cap for the chrome 10 spoke SS wheels. Those only came one way,,,,,,with an SS logo.

It was the painted 10 spoke wheels that got the painted style plain center cap with a bowtie emblem for both the 16 and the 17" wheel. And for the record, that's a 17" wheel you have in the picture on an SS. That center is correct for the painted wheels.
    If you ordered the optional chrome 10 spoke 17" wheels for the SS it came with a chrome center cap with an SS logo. I believe that's the wheels the original poster is asking about since he mentioned chrome.
    "I'm at the next step now of having thE new painted wheels chromed- how good of job did they do and was the cost reasonable?

Also found a supplier on e-bay selling clones of the caps (but with adventurer instead of SS printed on the cap) price was $20 for set of 4. Just recieved them today and they seem to fit well. You can find them by searching slp in the parts section. "

Obviously having "SS" on them did'nt matter/moot point..

So like I said not mentioned and clearly not thier requirement as they purchased them with no "SS" on them....

I know it's a 17 not the first SS or f-body I've ever seen or owned..

The point is they ARE the same, does'nt matter if they came in purple or chrome..

You're not getting me so I'll leave it @ that..
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-11-2011 at 04:37 AM.

I don't think you are getting me. If you want OEM components, and you are looking at chrome,,,you get the SS logo and that's it. That's the only way they were made from the factory on the 10 spoke wheels. If you want the bowtie emblem,,,you get painted. Pretty simple.
    I did mention you could probably find repops out there that wouldn't be similar to OE parts.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Smittro,
    As firebird jones said, im looking for the chrome caps with SS imprinted on them. I did buy a set of repros with adventurer logo as i couldnt find the original ones (which i still want). If anyone has a lead to some with the SS logos, please let me know (cero you mentioned you got new ones with the rechrome-were these these the ones with SS on them?)

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I don't think you are getting me. If you want OEM components, and you are looking at chrome,,,you get the SS logo and that's it. That's the only way they were made from the factory on the 10 spoke wheels. If you want the bowtie emblem,,,you get painted. Pretty simple.
    I did mention you could probably find repops out there that wouldn't be similar to OE parts.
    I will disagree here. Back in the day, I bought a set of chrome 10 spoke wheels directly from SLP and they came with the center caps with the bowtie on them, instead of the SS.

Now I also do have a set of OEM chrome centercaps with the SS on them, that are in excellent shape. For the right price, I might sell them one of these days, but I will not cut any sweetheart deals on them either.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I will disagree here. Back in the day, I bought a set of chrome 10 spoke wheels directly from SLP and they came with the center caps with the bowtie on them, instead of the SS.

Now I also do have a set of OEM chrome centercaps with the SS on them, that are in excellent shape. For the right price, I might sell them one of these days, but I will not cut any sweetheart deals on them either.
    Funny you mention that.. Mine had the bowtie as well.. I got rid of it..

OP. Guess no one ever heard of having stuff chromed?

LS1.com has sponsors that can help in the lisensed "SS" logo department as well..

Sometimes the game is about using your head..

Most hot rodders know if you can't find a part or it's discontinued,

you have to sometimes "make" parts..

Which is what I was getting @ here..
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-12-2011 at 03:58 AM.

We all know plain chrome is out there to be had. My point was that it's not OEM, or the way the cars would have come equipped when new. Sheesh guys I have to spell it out.

Thread Information