Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

where can i find these rims?

This is a discussion on where can i find these rims? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 02fbody35th they are the c5 Z06 rims they have a machined face with the insides painted black ...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 02fbody35th View Post
    they are the c5 Z06 rims they have a machined face with the insides painted black , like the ones that come on the 02 35th le camaro. they are awesome looking but i cant find them anywhere. if anyone knows where i can get them please share, thanks
    Most likely, what they did was get a set of machined wheels, and then painted the black areas themself. Thats what a buddy of mine did.

red
    2002 camaro 35th anv.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Those wheels look great done that way. Those are definately C5 Z06 wheels, but I have to admit I've never seen them done like that. I have no idea where you would find them.

I've only seen them in their factory appearance of the entire thing in silver paint, or chrome plated.

Something similar though, I had a price quoted to take my SS 10 spokes (in the pic above) to have the outside of the spokes and the wheel lip polished, but leave the silver paint on the insides. So it would look alot like this Z06 wheel you have pictured, but with silver inside instead of the black.
    Maybe that's something here that has been done to the Z06 wheels??
    that might be the case, what were you quoted on your rims. i will have to try and find someone around me and see if it can be done. currently i have a set of silver z06 rims that i can get done

Quote Originally Posted by 02fbody35th View Post
    that might be the case, what were you quoted on your rims. i will have to try and find someone around me and see if it can be done. currently i have a set of silver z06 rims that i can get done
    I was quoted $65 per wheel. That was stripping the paint on the outer side of the spokes and wheel lips only, and then polishing them. Leaving the original silver paint inside the spokes and rim itself.

I have to dismount the tires myself before dropping them off. It was from an aluminim polishing business here local that I found while out at the Goodguys car show in Phoenix.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information