Thread: whats it worth

black
    2000 camaro z28

whats it worth

2000 black z28 a4

1.full wings west body kit (stock kit option)
    2. monsoon sound system (perfect condition)
    3. t-tops (no leaks so far)
    4. blk leather (very good, one small rip on d.s. seat from getting in and out)
    5. all power, including seat, radio controls on steering wheel, etc..
    6. 59000 miles, brand new ls1 crate motor at 25000 (have paperwork from chevy dealership that did it... basically i had a full warranty and i brought it there for an engine knock, knowing that it is a common ls1 thing but they had the car sooooo long and couldnt get it to go away that i called chevy themsevles and they ordered them to give me a new motor.. i got one over on them)
    7. 17 in. ss split 5 stars(silver) with brand new falken azenus rt615's on them
    8. h.i.d. headlights
    9. paint, good .. there are some scratches but i mean the car is black.
    10. ok now the engine mods!!!
    a. borla catback (the quiet one)
    b. pacesetter lt's and ory (ceramic)
    c. slp flowpac
    d. slp maf 85mm
    e. ngk plugs
    f. msd wires
    g. p&p stock throttle body and t.b. coolant bypass
    h. 160 thermo.
    i. predator tuner
    j. 342 gears and trick flow aluminum differential cover (entire rear painted w/ blk ceramic high heat engine paint..very nice)
    k. egr removed
    11. ok now the suspension mods!!!
    a. eibach pro-kit
    b. bilstien hd shocks
    c. 32mm front sway bar
    d. hotchkis adj. panhard bar
    e. bmr rear lca's
    f. welded on lca relocation brackets
    12. no check engine light, car runs smooth, does have some exhaust rattling due to lt's and ory...
    13. cross drilled and slotted rotors, with ceramic pads

i will update if i can think of other mods and options, and ill get some pics, i have an idea of what im going to ask i just wanted to see what you guys think
    Last edited by 00maroz28; 11-06-2007 at 11:46 AM.

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Absolute highest price I would pay would be $12,000. Check your local Bluebook or Nada. All the extras sometimes hurts the value, but if you were going to do it anyway, BONUS!!! Blue book shows this car worth between $9,500 and $11,500 in the Denver Area. You will be lucky to get 12k for it.
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

black
    2000 camaro z28

yes i know sometimes the mod can hurt, however that usually winds up being to the average buyer... but the more educated f-body person will sometimes pay more, becuas ethey know the price of these parts and install prices... all my mods are in excellent condition and professionally installed, i personally think i could get more than 12,000

black
    2000 camaro z28

and im trying to stay away from blue -book, i wanted your opinions (f-body guys, that know more about the car)... if i wanted the blue book val. i coulda saved alot of time typing that whole post... and im in new jersey so i think that will also drive the price up, versus being in colorado

I don't think it's worth anywhere near 12k. I think you would be lucky to get 10k for it. I'm sure it's a nice car but it's a Z not an SS. You acknowledge paint and interior flaws. I don't see any really pricey mods that would bring up the value. An educated fbody buyer is going to want a deal and 12k for a 59000 mile A4 00 Z28 is not a deal. There was a mint 02 near me with less mods but less miles and the guy let it go for 10k. Good luck with it.

black
    2000 camaro z28

well illl hope for the best... but i know it doesnt have like heads or supercharger or cam.. but it has over 3,500 in parts plus install was at least another 1500... i mean parts and install around 5,000 and all parts are perfect condition... if someoone is looking to mod they are saving alot of money

black
    2000 camaro z28

you dont think i could get more for it in n.j. than virginia?

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

if you want your money out of it pull all your aftermarket stuff off and sell it individually, and then sell the car as stock. in cali you could get 12 for it, back east the prices are lower, so i dunno

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Rule #1 when it comes to modding or restoreing, YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR MONEY BACK, Like the previous post said. Take all your after market stuff off and sell it on your local craigs list, ebay or on here, then sell your car stock. Nobody will pay over bluebook on a car unless it has a different rear end or a stroker motor with top name parts (Little ify there too).
    Banks will not lend over blue book, so someone looking to buy your car would have to come up with the difference. If that where to happen, more than likely they would chose a SS over a Z anyway. (Nothing against a Z, however they just are not worth as much).

I have had over 25 muscle cars since I was 16. Very rarely did I recoup all the money I had invested in the car. A few of them yes, I had a few rare SS chevelles that I made money on but for the most part never got all my money back on them.

Bad thing about our f-bodys. There are still plenty of them out there, and they are depreciateing in value everyday.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

yeah our cars are in that phase right now, similar to the 1980's where all the bad ass 60's muscle was still being driven around and gas was just to much so people sold them and sold them cheap, this is kinda whats happening today, im just glad i got my hands on one kinda rare car, my 02. my 99 aint nothing special just a dealer installed ss package,

as for the car for sale, take all the stuff off, sell me the bilsteins lol
    and go from there

Quote Originally Posted by 00maroz28 View Post
    you dont think i could get more for it in n.j. than virginia?
    I don't think so. I live in northern VA close to DC there is a lot of money around here.

You are right about the money you have in mods but you just won't see that money back. Even if you had some really pricey mods like SC, moser rear, etc...you would only get back a small percentage of the value. Most people like to mod their own vehicles and look to find something that is unmolested. There is a buyer for every car and if you can find someone who is in love with your car and has cash maybe you can get 12k, but I think that will be tough. Your best bet is what the others are saying return it to as close to stock as you can and sell your parts.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

dude you can find people out there who are willign to pay more, i see ws6s with 70k miles on them bone stock goin for about 15k sometimes, and then sometimes i see WS6s with less than 10k miles goin for 18,000dollars, you only have to convince 1 person the car is worth what you want to sell it for.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    dude you can find people out there who are willign to pay more, i see ws6s with 70k miles on them bone stock goin for about 15k sometimes, and then sometimes i see WS6s with less than 10k miles goin for 18,000dollars, you only have to convince 1 person the car is worth what you want to sell it for.
    There are suckers everywhere but you can't bank on finding one. Seeing a car listed at 15k doesn't mean that's what it sells for either. I tried to buy a 00 M6 z28 vert with 17k miles on it. It was listed at 19k I offered them 15.5k for it but they wanted to hold on to it and try to find a sucker. I bought another car and that one ended up selling for 15k, 500 less then what I offered. Most of the time your car ends up selling for what it's worth not book value, not what you want for it but what the average joe is willing to pay for it.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I dont know i have seen alot of cars sold on this website for way more than i would pay.

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Yes, maybe but that is a WS6. They are worth more. Try doing a blue book search on a vehicle (Z28 or formula/trans am), then after you get a figure, then go back and add the SS or WS6 option it adds close to $2200 more for a car.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah i know, but things are worth more to soem then other, i bought my T/A for 10,700 wit ha 2 year warrenty with 48k miles on it. I have had it for 8 months, i have muut have gotten 15 offers fo the car for more than i paid for it. 2nd day i ahd it to work, i came outside there was buisness card on my door. I caleld the guy to see what he woudl offer, he said 15k. People with money are out there you jsut need to convince them to buy.

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Yeah i know, but things are worth more to some then other, i bought my T/A for 10,700 wit ha 2 year warrenty with 48k miles on it. I have had it for 8 months, i have muut have gotten 15 offers fo the car for more than i paid for it. 2nd day i ahd it to work, i came outside there was buisness card on my door. I caleld the guy to see what he woudl offer, he said 15k. People with money are out there you jsut need to convince them to buy.
    Not everybody has 10-15k right up front for a car. Most cars are bank financed. (Unless you take a 401k loan, 2nd mortgage etc...). Banks will Not lend you more than a car is worth. They go by NADA and Kelley blue book values when considering a loan and in extremely rare circumstances a certified appraisal from a reputable company.

Me personally, I always do my research, Look at what Kelly and Nada says the cars worth. I look at Car-fax. I have never paid over book value on a car in my life, and I would bet 98% of the people looking for a Camaro wouldn't either. I would however look at the mods a car has and factor that in to the equation. Like I said $12,000 is the max he will probably get for that car if he is extremelly lucky.

It is not like it is a rare muscle car, There is a whole lot of z-28 camaros out there to choose from with a lot lower miles.
    Last edited by Jays00ss; 11-07-2007 at 12:30 PM.

Thread Information