Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Whats an A4, and a M6?

This is a discussion on Whats an A4, and a M6? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by rrgray8 lol most of it done as a teen...only 3 tickets in the past 20 years.......by the ...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    lol most of it done as a teen...only 3 tickets in the past 20 years.......by the way nice ride u got
    Closest I ever got to a suspension is a letter I received (and still have) from the Cali DMV (I'm originally from the LA area) that starts out with, "Dear Mr Blake, You are on the verge of becoming a negligent driver...". At the time I had 7 points on my record when 8 would have resulted in a 6 month suspension. All were for racing on the street of some kind (speed contest, exhibition of speed etc.). I was in my 20's at the time.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Closest I ever got to a suspension is a letter I received (and still have) from the Cali DMV (I'm originally from the LA area) that starts out with, "Dear Mr Blake, You are on the verge of becoming a negligent driver...". At the time I had 7 points on my record when 8 would have resulted in a 6 month suspension. All were for racing on the street of some kind (speed contest, exhibition of speed etc.). I was in my 20's at the time.
    what was the fine for racing back then ? one time I got caught for wreckless driving, driving on a revoked license and eluding an officer. fine was $330.00 in 1984. thanks to my grandmother who knew the judge they took the cash and kept it off my record.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    ah, ya, so far I've been lucky. no accidents or tickets yet. proud to say I've never been pulled over. bound to happen sooner or later.
    yea it will happen be careful. Driving an f-body is a damn cop magnet. When i drive my parents van i can drive like a total ass speed like crazy and never get pulled over.

In my camaro i made it a whole 3 weeks before i was pulled over in it. That started the run of getting pulled over 4 times in just over a year. I got lucky and only got 2 tickets. Tickets suck big time. I just spend a 8 hours in traffic school a few saturdays ago for my last ticket. But it was definately worth it so my insurance rates don't go up.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    what was the fine for racing back then ? one time I got caught for wreckless driving, driving on a revoked license and eluding an officer. fine was $330.00 in 1984. thanks to my grandmother who knew the judge they took the cash and kept it off my record.
    It was 1983 and IIRC the fine was just short of $300 (like $285 or so). I had a 67 Camaro at the time. I was 28 and I remember the officer asking me, "Your a little old to be out here doing this aren't you?" The only reason he didn't take me in and impound the car was my telling him that I would be on the track if LA had 1 within 50 miles of where we were. To my surprise he confessed to being a racing junkie and agreed with me.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

I forgot to mention that my insurance at the time went up to $1200 a year for PL & PD.... (basic minimum coverage).

Black
    1998 Z/28

how the hell can a thread go 3 pages deep on a simple question like whats and A4 and M6?
    http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wheelieke5.jpg361hp 351tq 98 Z/28 A4 SLP Lid/Smooth Bellow/LM2 K&N Filter Pacesetter Headers TSP Y Pipe Z06 Style Wheels B&M shifter Yank 3200 Prothane Motor/Trans Mounts Torquer V2/7.425" p-rods/Comp Springs
    $, the replacement for displacement.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Corey1987 View Post
    how the hell can a thread go 3 pages deep on a simple question like whats and A4 and M6?
    it's kinda like a pastic bag that gets caught in the wind, no one knows where it'll go. I feel so deep.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

it's kinda like a pastic bag that gets caught in the wind, no one knows where it'll go. I feel so deep.
    that gave me a chuckle.

bump for a funny son of a bitch...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 camaro SS A4

Quote Originally Posted by Corey1987 View Post
    The question was answered one the first page. Now its just chatting to each other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS #2988, A4, Navy Blue Metalic, 335HP Dual Dual Exhaust, Chrome 10 spokes, Floor mats, Dash plaque, and SS Grille
    Best ET 13.08 @ 106.1, 2.00 60', with SLP lid

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

so all my pals were hanging out last night playing some poker and I brought up the license plate conversation, and they all told me that you don't HAVE to have a front license plate in California, you just have to have a rear. but then again, we're all 18, so they could be wrong. I need to ask the Sherrif that lives down the street.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Your state laws should be online. If you googled your state and vehicle laws you should be able to find what you need. That's how I find out what laws I'm breaking.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Your state laws should be online. If you googled your state and vehicle laws you should be able to find what you need. That's how I find out what laws I'm breaking.
    haha, ya I tried doing that, and I couldn't find anything that said that I have to have the front plates, but then again I could've missed that.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Just call the state patrol headquarters and ask them. I've done that too.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

so all my pals were hanging out last night playing some poker and I brought up the license plate conversation, and they all told me that you don't HAVE to have a front license plate in California, you just have to have a rear. but then again, we're all 18, so they could be wrong. I need to ask the Sherrif that lives down the street.
    CVC5200: You must have a front license plate on your car. CVC = California Vehicle Code. I'm pretty sure they haven't changed this one in the last 25-3o years. I got tickets (back in the day it was a "fix-it" ticket - may still be) for this numerous times. Some of the cars (66 Chevelle, 2 67 Camaro's) were black plate cars too. This was back in the late 70's to early 90's.

You live in Garbage Groove, huh? Although I live in "The Surface of The Sun" (Valley of the Sun - Phoenix area) I was born and raised in the South Bay.... Gardena, right next to Compton.

BTW: You don't need a front license plate in AZ.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

yep, Garbage Grove. how much are fix it tickets? can't you just go to the police station and get them written off?

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

yep, Garbage Grove. how much are fix it tickets? can't you just go to the police station and get them written off?
    Back in the day you could. Even though you could get it written off by showing the LEO your car with a front license plate attached (I used to use bailing wire and they let it slide) you still had to appear in court to get it dismissed. I don't know about now. Maybe it's still the same.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

sounds like a pain in the ass. I can deal with a license plate. I don't look at my car while driving it anyways.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information