Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

What is your favorite / least favorite thing about our cars?

This is a discussion on What is your favorite / least favorite thing about our cars? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 2002ssslp I love the sound and power of my car but I don't the the construction. GM ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    I love the sound and power of my car but I don't the the construction. GM used way too much plastic and glue.
    Been that way since the 70's. More and more introduced over time to the point we are now. I don't like it either but difficult to get away from now unless you buy a classic.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Lists are long with the experiences I've had, ill limit it the top two I'd say from my experiences.

Favorite things:

1. Reliability. My car sits in weather from 0* to 100* every year, sometimes for a couple months without a start, and always fires up with a few cranks. Everything always works (some thanks to this site, IE cheap fucking wiring/window motors)
    2. I get compliments on my car everywhere I go. From mustang owners on the road to kids at gas stations. Seems some respect is given for the car, from the power of the LS1 to the looks of a batmobile. Love it.

Least favorite:

1. I'll try to say this one peacefully. Fucking window motors. My car has 6 window motors in its days.
    2. The "itch" or the "Mod" disease, whatever you want to call it. That need there is to go faster. My butt dyno loves you, my bank account/ Fiance hate you.
    Last edited by KMdef9; 02-09-2013 at 05:04 PM.

6 window motors? What kind of motors are you putting in there to go through 6 of them?

My wifes is a 2000 model, I installed it's very first window motor (driver side) just this past year and decided to do the passenger side at the same time for the hell of it. I figure 12 years on a window motor is pretty good considering it goes up and down nearly every single day.

Pewter
    '00 SS

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Apparently it's the CA and HI sunshine
    Im back in Houston now KR!!

Mine is not from too much Armor All...I actually have never used that on my car AT ALL. For me, the glare is sometimes RIDICULOUS!!!
    Suspension: Lower control arms (Spohn), Drive shaft safety loop, Torque arm (Edlebrock), Strut tower brace, Panhard Bar (BMR)

Under the Hood: Smooth bellows, Lid, Catch can, LT Headers, ORY, AIR/EGR delete, Poly engine/transmission mounts,

Exterior: Painted brake calipers (Red), Halo “Spyder” Headlights w/matching parking/turn signals (Black)

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28

Favorite thing: The way the LS1 sounds through LT's and 3-inch exhaust with no cats

Least-favorite: The 10-bolt
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28 A4
    SLP cold air intake/lid, SLP smooth bellow, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow exhaust, BMR STB, adjustable Panhard rod, SFC's, LCA's, 1LE sway bars, cross-drilled rotors

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    6 window motors? What kind of motors are you putting in there to go through 6 of them?

My wifes is a 2000 model, I installed it's very first window motor (driver side) just this past year and decided to do the passenger side at the same time for the hell of it. I figure 12 years on a window motor is pretty good considering it goes up and down nearly every single day.
    Those Shitty remanned ones from the autopart chain stores. After learning why they go bad I haven't had an issue. I'm also counting the 2 GM put in. I've done the driver side 3 times and the passenger once.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by kenro23 View Post
    Im back in Houston now KR!!

Mine is not from too much Armor All...I actually have never used that on my car AT ALL. For me, the glare is sometimes RIDICULOUS!!!
    I knew that and remember when you and your car came back

I've never used Amor All either. Never will. Something my Dad taught me decades ago But, the glare from the sun reflected to the windshield is very bothersome at certain times of the day.

Sebring Silver
    1998 Chevy Camaro Z28

My favorite things about the F body Ls1 platform is that it IS one of the best performance bargains of ALL TIME. The potential for these cars are unlimited and no other car has the potential to be had for such the price of an Ls1. Endless possibilities. Only thing that I could live without would be the window motors and stock speakers, yuck. I absolutely love my cars and would consider myself a definite F body tweak! Lol

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

My fair skin gets sunburnt from the t-tops being off lmao other than the terrible GM interior I love my t/a

- - - Updated - - -

My fair skin gets sunburnt from the t-tops being off lmao other than the terrible GM interior I love my t/a

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

I love the old muscle car feel of it, the rattles make the car exactly what I want. Reminds me that I am not perfect but I can always improve. I hate that my transmission is blown and it is sitting in my garage ;-(

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information