Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

What is your favorite / least favorite thing about our cars?

I'll start.

I love the sound of the LS1 motor through longtubes and ANY exhaust.

I hate that our cars are getting old and losing value.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I agree with you 100%. I also wish they were built by the same quality standards as the new Camaro.

2002 Trans Am WS6 - Red
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ

The power antenna is so cheap looking on these cars. I know there powered and they up and down, but look at other sports cars that don't have antennas for the radio. They are hidden...leaving a much cleaner look on the body.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I don't even have an antenna that goes up and down. It's the standard screw on antenna. I believe only the Trans Am model Firebird got the power antenna.

Quote Originally Posted by initechpeter View Post
    The power antenna is so cheap looking on these cars. I know there powered and they up and down, but look at other sports cars that don't have antennas for the radio. They are hidden...leaving a much cleaner look on the body.

2002 trans am ws6

Let's see I love the look of my ws6. But I hate all the noise you on winter from the t-tops and the plastic interior.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I wouldn't even say it's all about the plastic interior, but more or less the quality in which it was assembled or even materials quality. My Kia has plenty of plastic in it's interior and at 21k miles, it hardly has any rattles.

Quote Originally Posted by dav-02ws6-m6 View Post
    Let's see I love the look of my ws6. But I hate all the noise you on winter from the t-tops and the plastic interior.

candy tangerine
    1998 ws6 6spd

love the looks i get
    hate the rattles and squeaks

Are these comparisons level? Are we talking at least vehicles in about same year? I have 99 z28. Mint condition with 150k miles. No rattles or squeaks. I laughed at Toyota SB commercial when guy mentioned owning multilple Toyota..... said to my wife he owned probably 3 or 4 cars in the time I have 1. let me see any 1999 Camry or corola even near the condition of my vehicle... everything I see has terrible fading peeling paint and dry rotting cloth interior.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

You've got 150k miles on your car and you've got zero rattles? Look, I'm not saying my car (which has 48k miles on it) has bad rattles at all. But it does have some and those some equal to more than my Kia (which is my daily) does.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnell View Post
    Are these comparisons level? Are we talking at least vehicles in about same year? I have 99 z28. Mint condition with 150k miles. No rattles or squeaks. I laughed at Toyota SB commercial when guy mentioned owning multilple Toyota..... said to my wife he owned probably 3 or 4 cars in the time I have 1. let me see any 1999 Camry or corola even near the condition of my vehicle... everything I see has terrible fading peeling paint and dry rotting cloth interior.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

yea im not buyin the non-existent rattels...somethin is rattling by now.

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    You've got 150k miles on your car and you've got zero rattles? Look, I'm not saying my car (which has 48k miles on it) has bad rattles at all. But it does have some and those some equal to more than my Kia (which is my daily) does.
    My car hasn't been immune to issues but I have fixed them. I've had squeaks from the seats, emergency brake and engine pulley tensioner. NEVER any rattles or squeaks from t tops or dash or other interior. I do have the rear end rocks in a box noise since new.

I'm just pointing out that over time I feel my car and even others on here I feel has held up as good or better then anything on the market.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

All things considered, I'm pleased to know our cars can hold up pretty well to miles like that. Thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnell View Post
    My car hasn't been immune to issues but I have fixed them. I've had squeaks from the seats, emergency brake and engine pulley tensioner. NEVER any rattles or squeaks from t tops or dash or other interior. I do have the rear end rocks in a box noise since new.

I'm just pointing out that over time I feel my car and even others on here I feel has held up as good or better then anything on the market.

Pewter
    2002 WS6 TA

Well,

Way back when i was getting into American cars i just loved the rear view of the last Trans Am
    and in my opinion they just nailed the look of the rear lights with the honeycomb.

I kept hold of, in my mind, for many years that image until i went out and bought one!!

Not a fan of the other stripey lights!

2002 trans am ws6

Yea the squeaks and rattles only happens in winter, I guess cause of the lower temps. As far as the interior I agree my sister has an 03 tiburon with 150000 miles and it doesn't make any noise at all.

bright red
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

Like speedyws6 mentioned;
    I love the rear of my TA with the honeycomb lights, its so unique
    Also the TA spoiler is by far the best and ONLY spoiler that IMO looks badass as hell.
    It makes it look fast when its standing still, I even go as far as saying it makes it look like a batmobile.
    Also the front of the car with the ram-air has to be the 'founding-father' to aggressive stances and looks on cars
    Nowadays all car manufacturers are trying to give aggressive looks on cars- because it sells
    And I still believe it has the most aggressive look than any other car

The bad:
    Age... hoses wearing out.. plastics cracking (doors, dash, etc) electronics failing, leaks on t tops and taillights because of old age.

If only somehow GM could bring back the Trans Am... I don't care about bringing back Pontiac
    Just how they're supposedly going to bring back the G8 as the SS
    How sexy would it be if GM made and sold at least a limited production F-body with the new LT1 engine, better tranny with rear, improved interior quality, and of course better ride handling and creature comforts ^_^
    I guarantee that it would revive the car community and everyone will know that its the big badass... fuck mustangs

NBM
    2001 Camaro SS SLP# 2646

Favorite: looks/sounds mean Least favorite: 10 bolt

You've Seen The Butcher GoldenFlame's Avatar

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

I love everything about the car except the Torsen differential. Piece 'o crap

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I pretty much love everything about my car, besides the fact that I break things too much. That's my own fault though. The quest for more power will do that.

I hate that nobody ever wants to race me.....nobody worth while at least.......

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

What's been done to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I pretty much love everything about my car, besides the fact that I break things too much. That's my own fault though. The quest for more power will do that.

I hate that nobody ever wants to race me.....nobody worth while at least.......

Love the power. Hate the "mullet" stereotype.

Thread Information