Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 69

What year Camaro is the fastest stock ?

This is a discussion on What year Camaro is the fastest stock ? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Just thought I would throw in a honorable mention for the often neglected 69 Z28 with a 302 and 4 ...

  1. #41
    Senior Member Bottesini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denton, Texas soon Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,955

    Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

    Just thought I would throw in a honorable mention for the often neglected 69 Z28 with a 302 and 4 speed. Not the absolute fastest car ever made, but alot of fun and very cool ride in its own right.

  2. #42
    Member Empatho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    361

    Pewter
    02 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    if anybody wants to magizine race, the vipers of today are the fastest to ever leave a factory floor.
    isnt the fastest from factory a Hemi cuda from the late 60's
    2002 Z28 Auto (3.23 gears)
    Mods
    Lid, UD pulley, Shift Kit, 160 Thermo, Y-pipe, Panhard, TB bypass, Bellow, K&N, Strut Brace, Flowmaster, weight reduction.

  3. #43
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    How much power can you get out of an gen 1 350 with out stroking it, making the bore more than 30 over, compression higher than 10:1 and using a mild cam to keep it daily drivable, and not using nitrous, or forced induction? No where near what you can make a mild big block 454 run seeing you can do 60 over with the same kind of reliability as a 30 over 350. You can make some good power from the 350, but stock there were nothing special and you can do so much better building the big blocks. The only reason I'd run an old school small block if for space even then I'd go LSx. The LSx or big block are really the main things to look at anymore when starting a car build unless your on a tight budget.
    I knew this would stir the pot. I have made 566 HP with a gen 1 355 ci with 18 degree cylinder heads, mild solid roller and did it on pump gas on a very conservative dyno. It was very streetable but not that cheap to build. Would make more of course if I got more aggressive with the cam. But everyones idea of streetable is different.
    Nothing wrong with old school small blocks at all,,,but yes I have made more power with the big blocks,,,thats a given, with better cylinder head design and more cubic inch, it's obvious. But cost much more to build as well. My current 30 over 454 runs AFR 315 CC heads, 10:1 compression with a very mild hydraulic roller, and runs on pump gas. Made 638 HP and has propelled my 4,108 lbs chevelle to a best of 11.42 at 118 mph all motor, full exhaust with tailpipes and 10 inch DOT tires. I can drive all day with the A/C blowing as well and it never gets over 175 degrees. It probably has a little more in it,,,a very small shot of nitrous would put this 2 ton tank in the high 10's easily but thats not what the car is about.

    It would take a very serious stock cubic inch LS1 to pull that off and still be naturally asperated, and streetable,,,,it could be done,,,,but then again,,,the 4th gens don't weigh over 4,000lbs. either.

    Everyone has a different flavor, it's what makes this hobby interesting. I like both of my 4th gens too, thats why I am here, but I don't consider it the godsend of the F-body family. They have their drawbacks just like any other car.

  4. #44
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I knew this would stir the pot. I have made 566 HP with a gen 1 355 ci with 18 degree cylinder heads, mild solid roller and did it on pump gas on a very conservative dyno. It was very streetable but not that cheap to build. Would make more of course if I got more aggressive with the cam. But everyones idea of streetable is different.
    Nothing wrong with old school small blocks at all,,,but yes I have made more power with the big blocks,,,thats a given, with better cylinder head design and more cubic inch, it's obvious. But cost much more to build as well. My current 30 over 454 runs AFR 315 CC heads, 10:1 compression with a very mild hydraulic roller, and runs on pump gas. Made 638 HP and has propelled my 4,108 lbs chevelle to a best of 11.42 at 118 mph all motor, full exhaust with tailpipes and 10 inch DOT tires. I can drive all day with the A/C blowing as well and it never gets over 175 degrees. It probably has a little more in it,,,a very small shot of nitrous would put this 2 ton tank in the high 10's easily but thats not what the car is about.

    It would take a very serious stock cubic inch LS1 to pull that off and still be naturally asperated, and streetable,,,,it could be done,,,,but then again,,,the 4th gens don't weigh over 4,000lbs. either.

    Everyone has a different flavor, it's what makes this hobby interesting. I like both of my 4th gens too, thats why I am here, but I don't consider it the godsend of the F-body family. They have their drawbacks just like any other car.

    Then we agree. I was going to do a 355 in my truck, but got a good deal on a 402 done 60 over that I couldn't pass up. I'm working on getting the body done now and will run it on the dyno after that to how well it does.

  5. #45
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Well I saw a 427 in a 2002 camaro. It was a special edition car that was in a recent camaro performer magazine. It was rated at 630hp so I think that one would have to be up there.

  6. #46
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    if anybody wants to magizine race, the vipers of today are the fastest to ever leave a factory floor.
    Do you mean the fastest car ever to leave a factory floor or fastest viper?

  7. #47
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    I believe he mean vipers, and the 630hp camaro isnt up there, hes talking stock, but if you want to talk modded, there are 2000hp camaros out there.

  8. #48
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    im amost 38 years old so spare me.
    ive spent way too much time at drag strips.
    people from that time peroid seem to think all cars went 11s out of the factory, there memory is fucked from Alzheimer's Disease.
    damn nhra i love your posts!

  9. #49
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    I believe he mean vipers, and the 630hp camaro isnt up there, hes talking stock, but if you want to talk modded, there are 2000hp camaros out there.
    Well it was purchased with 630hp, it wasn't like the guy did anything to the car to mod it. Granted it he paid over $100K for it too...lol.

  10. #50
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    n/w chicago
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6,933

    black
    2000 nhra edition formula

    Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    Do you mean the fastest car ever to leave a factory floor or fastest viper?
    factory.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

  11. #51
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    No vipers arent the fastest factory cars.

  12. #52
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    No vipers arent the fastest factory cars.
    mass produced i dont think so..i believe the gt cut better times.

  13. #53
    Ebaaaaaaaaa Speedy_Gonzales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    11,019

    Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

    Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    Just thought I would throw in a honorable mention for the often neglected 69 Z28 with a 302 and 4 speed. Not the absolute fastest car ever made, but alot of fun and very cool ride in its own right.

    I got to ride in one of those !

  14. #54
    Member Z ROADSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Shreveport,Louisiana .USA
    Posts
    505

    PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

    I believe it was around 1957 when GM got tired of gettin beat up on by the Ford guys in NASCAR and proclaimed a voluntary ban on racing of any kind. So Ford shut down its racing venue after fans got tired of watching the Fords go by at all the race tracks beating everything in site. But GM secretly by the back door continued to R&D racing parts & made them available to certain racers . In the mean time Chevy was cleaning up on the street. Chrysler had enough of it so they came out with the HEMI and the rest is history.

  15. #55
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    factory.
    I'm pretty sure the buggatti is the fastest production car.

    http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/bugatti_veyron.asp

    And the Saleen S7 isn't too awfully far behind it either.

    http://www.saleen.com/saleen_s7_main.htm

  16. #56
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the buggatti is the fastest production car.

    http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/bugatti_veyron.asp

    And the Saleen S7 isn't too awfully far behind it either.

    http://www.saleen.com/saleen_s7_main.htm
    mass produced.

  17. #57
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    I don't think vipers are mass produced either.
    Vote for Pedro.

  18. #58
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    I don't think vipers are mass produced either.
    alot more then the veyron and s7.

  19. #59
    Member Ripper415's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    32
    Posts
    378

    Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

    i was driving east on the long island expressway a few weeks ago and saw a veyron several car lengths ahead of me (probably some rich fuck from the hamptons). i tried to speed through the traffic to catch up to him but he took the next exit. i actually contemplated getting off at his exit just to follow the car, but i was already late and thought better. but when i first saw that thing i nearly jizzed my pants lol. i also saw an enzo a while back too and my friend said he saw an slr mclaren on the same parkway.

  20. #60
    Make real real sure Johns00Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    2,404

    Black
    2000 Z-28

    haha yeah that's true but when you're paying a million plus I can see why they're not mass produced. Definitely like the looks of the S7 over that of the bugatti.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Fastest stock N/A?
    By TA98 in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 12:10 PM
  2. Question: Fastest stock time
    By 10spokess in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 06:27 PM
  3. Fastest Stock Track Times?
    By VenomZ in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 11-09-2008, 08:57 PM
  4. What Model/Year Montecarlo was the fastest??
    By Murder after Midnight in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 12:22 AM
  5. fastest stock shortblock ls2?
    By qwkgto in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 05:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •