Black
    99 SS Vert M6

What would you pay for this?

1999 SS Convertible. M6 with a 420hp power pkg from MTI. Scatches and scuffs on passenger side. Lots of chips on the front. No dings no dents no wrecks. Convert top looks new actually. Motor sounds smooth. Carfax clean. 1 owner(smoker) in his 50's with 72k on the clock? The asking price was $14,500 but lowered to $12,500. I might be looking for the steal here. Owner knows he pretty much needs a cash buyer for a 7 year old car and can't find one.

Opinions are appreciated.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Probably wouldn't be a bad deal. Depending on how bad the paint is. Need pics.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by BIG D's SS
    Probably wouldn't be a bad deal. Depending on how bad the paint is. Need pics.
    The hood has little white specs all over it. Bumper has scuff(fine white lines) on passenger corner from getting too close to the garage wall when pulling in. Passenger 1/4 was keyed thru the paint about 3 in. Car is Black btw. Battery is a replacement that leaks a bit. Corrosion on the terminals and battery tray. Can be cleaned tho. Tires are brand new as are the gas adjustable shocks. Interior is good. Shifter looks like a hurst stick but has a round leather shift ball on it. Visible under the hood are an MTI lid and BBK shorty headers. Car has LM2 catback with stock y-pipe.

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz1
    The hood has little white specs all over it. Bumper has scuff(fine white lines) on passenger corner from getting too close to the garage wall when pulling in. Passenger 1/4 was keyed thru the paint about 3 in. Car is Black btw. Battery is a replacement that leaks a bit. Corrosion on the terminals and battery tray. Can be cleaned tho. Tires are brand new as are the gas adjustable shocks. Interior is good. Shifter looks like a hurst stick but has a round leather shift ball on it. Visible under the hood are an MTI lid and BBK shorty headers. Car has LM2 catback with stock y-pipe.
    what was done to it to reach 420 hp? is that flywheel or to the ground?

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

MTI power pkg is H/C, MTI lid, headers, and a tune. Possibly a pulley too. Been a while since I visited their website. It's gotta be flywheel numbers because the dyno sheet with the car says 391hp and 367tq. Ofcourse that was installed back in early 2000. Numbers are lower today I'm sure.
    Last edited by Huskerz1; 04-19-2006 at 07:30 PM.

Fairies Drive Imports camaro_five0's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS M6

ANY car you buy in Texas is gonna have rock chips on the nose. I bought my SS in Denton, and it had rock chips in the front. Other than that I think the 12K is a pretty good deal. I paid 19,500 for my 2002 with 28,000 miles on it.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Well now the owner says he doesn't have the convertible plastic boot cover for the car. How much are one of those?

96 BLUE FLAMEZ

BLACK
    1996 Z28 LT1 CAMARO

Good deal

I think thats a deal go for it!!! I wish I found it!!

black
    2000 camaro ss+ 1987 GN

1999 SS Convertible. M6 with a 420hp power pkg from MTI. Scatches and scuffs on passenger side. Lots of chips on the front. No dings no dents no wrecks. Convert top looks new actually. Motor sounds smooth. Carfax clean. 1 owner(smoker) in his 50's with 72k on the clock? The asking price was $14,500 but lowered to $12,500. I might be looking for the steal here. Owner knows he pretty much needs a cash buyer for a 7 year old car and can't find one.

Opinions are appreciated.
    I agree with other posts if the rear+tranny are good 12,500 tops.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Guys, thanks a bunch for the input. I really don't want to go to $12,500 at all. I'm much lower. I'm meeting the owner for a second look with the cash on me tomorrow. If it works out I'll post pics.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Ok I bought the car. I don't know how to post pics. I'm looking at the pics in a folder but I can't figure out how to get them into a post. Help anyone!

sebring silver
    99 Z28 convertible

Well now the owner says he doesn't have the convertible plastic boot cover for the car. How much are one of those?
    From GM they run about 500 bucks.
    I just got one through ebay for $230.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky
    From GM they run about 500 bucks.
    I just got one through ebay for $230.
    Ya, I priced one thru the dealer already too. More like $600 bucks.
    $475 for center section
    $76.50 for left and right sections.

Damn that sux!

I'm trying to figure how to post my pics. I don't want to let out what I paid for it until you guys see it. Aw screw it. I paid $10,500. Runs like a dream. Looks pretty good really. My 7 year old son loved getting picked up from school it today. We washed and waxed it together. I don't think I stole it. I think I got a good deal tho.

Thread Information