Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What is it worth

This is a discussion on What is it worth within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; HOw many Hugger orange ss had the white stripes...

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS6

HOw many Hugger orange ss had the white stripes

Quote Originally Posted by loc13 View Post
    HOw many Hugger orange ss had the white stripes
    None, those were added.

The only striped SS camaros were the 2002 35th anniversary additions, and they were all painted red. The real deal stripes on the anniversary cars had a somewhat checkered pattern on them as well if my memory is correct.
    Those stripes are a knock off of that offered from various vendors.

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS6

So the stripes did not come from the factory. Were they an SLP option or a dealer option. Or are you saying that it is something that was put on after the car was purchased?

I was told by the guy I am buying it from that it is 1 of 9 with the white stripes.

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS6

It has to be some type of a dealer add on or factory add on. I have seen other 1999 SS camaros with the exact same stripes.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

It has to be some type of a dealer add on or factory add on. I have seen other 1999 SS camaros with the exact same stripes.
    they didnt come from the factory with those stripes.

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Here is a couple other pictures of ss with the same stripes. If it were a custom add on I wouldnt think there would be others just like it.
    http://rides.webshots.com/photo/1185...50439595ajewOi
    http://www.motortrend.com/used_cars/...13/images.html

Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

The first time I saw the stripe package you have was in 1997 when Hendricks Dealerships had SLP make special edition Cars for them, all Silver with the Black stripes. Part of the package was the stripes and SLP did the install of them when they converted the Z28s to SS's. These stripes were orderable direct from SLP's website as well I recall. So perhaps they were some how orderable from a dealership if the dealership worked close with SLP and the customer was involved. However, I don't believe they were part of any option to check off at the Dealership to order if you get what I'm trying to say, meaning they were a very special request or perhaps they were added after the fact. Hell I have 35th anny stripes on my car and its a 2000.

So the stripes did not come from the factory. Were they an SLP option or a dealer option. Or are you saying that it is something that was put on after the car was purchased?

I was told by the guy I am buying it from that it is 1 of 9 with the white stripes.
    I believe it's something that was put on after the car was purchased. Not an SLP option that I'm aware of. Very possible they could have had a dealer install them during purchase however.

If the car were to come with any factory SLP options, there would be a code "Y2K" in the driver door jamb sticker. Since you called SLP and they told you this was not an SLP optioned car, I would assume Y2K will not be present. But you should have WU8 signifying SS status though.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGoFast View Post
    The first time I saw the stripe package you have was in 1997 when Hendricks Dealerships had SLP make special edition Cars for them, all Silver with the Black stripes. Part of the package was the stripes and SLP did the install of them when they converted the Z28s to SS's. These stripes were orderable direct from SLP's website as well I recall. So perhaps they were some how orderable from a dealership if the dealership worked close with SLP and the customer was involved. However, I don't believe they were part of any option to check off at the Dealership to order if you get what I'm trying to say, meaning they were a very special request or perhaps they were added after the fact. Hell I have 35th anny stripes on my car and its a 2000.
    Ya I do remember the 97 30th anniversary additions as well having stripes like this, they were all white cars with orange stripes, just the opposite of the original posters car here.

That was the last time I remember original stripes on a production 4th gen until the introduction of the 2002 35th anniversary additions, and the stripes changed design for that with more of a checkered pattern.

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS6

So I have been doing some more searching and they came on Berger SS Camaros.

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

So I have been doing some more searching and they came on Berger SS Camaros.
    all of these are not factory.
    there are many sites that make these. you just buy it a kit.

Red
    1998 Trans Am WS6

I now know that it was added after the fact. If it was a berger HOSS Camaro that would be awsome, but its not.

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

I now know that it was added after the fact. If it was a berger HOSS Camaro that would be awsome, but its not.
    if it was, with those miles it would still be close to 20k.

white
    2002 z28 camaro

nice car

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information