Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What next ???

This is a discussion on What next ??? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Regardless of whether or not you have a girdle, the axles are still puny (27 spline) and you still have ...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Regardless of whether or not you have a girdle, the axles are still puny (27 spline) and you still have a 7.5" ring gear . You can easily snap one if you are hooking that hard to be getting a 1.5X out of the hole. I've seen that happen in person, twice. The girdle does help from deflection though.

I personally wouldn't be spending money on trying to make a 10-bolt stronger. The best analogy is: You cannot polish a turd.

black
    2001 camaro ss

I'm with you on that. I'm not going to try to pull 1.5's the car already had the girdle and I can weld so I was just wondering if I would be able to skim by doing that just so I can play here and there on the street with some nittos till I get back to the mainland. after this upcoming deployment.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

If not heads, cam and intake then rear end. If not that, FI.

black
    2001 camaro ss

how restrictive are the stock heads? would it be a waste of my life to go w a FAST 90/90 without doing heads considering the size of my Cam?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I would say yes considering you already have a LS6 intake. Money would be much better spent towards a rear.

black
    2001 camaro ss

Soo about that whole MAF thing. . . . Had my car on the dyno and the tuner told me i need a new MAF. The guy before me popped the screen out causing lots of turbulence at the sensor. If im buying one any way, could i slap the bigger z06 maf in there for the retune and get some more power?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information