RED
    2002 Camaro

Question What to look 4 in a car?

Hi everone this is my 1st post on here and i just want to say that i really like the site it has great information. But now with my question: right now i have a 2002 Camaro with the 3.8L V6, dont get me worng its a great car but i really want a V8. I am going to sell the car and use the cash from it and the cash i haved saved up to buy a new car. Basically i just dont know what to get. LS1 or LT1? Stick or Auto? Most of the cars that are in my price range are LT1's, are they ok or should i hold out for an LS1. Same thing bout the stick or auto. Help Me Please

Sr Member

Black
    2002 SS

The LT1's are fun cars coming up from a V6. I have a 3.8 Camaro and it is a nice car on the bottom end but I would save for a nice LS1. Nothing wrong with an LT1 but I love my '02 SS LS1. It just never stops pulling g's. It's also a little easier to work on. If I could find a decent LT1 I would probably buy one and replace the optispark if needed and check for rear seal leaks. As far as tranny's go, I love my M6.
    Last edited by BobsSS; 07-06-2006 at 01:44 PM.

RED
    2002 Camaro

Thanks for the info. That sounds like a good idea to me!

BIGRED Z
    I have one for sale. Low miles, drives great, some mods, 12 sec car, nothing wrong, excellent price.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...g=en&cardist=0

Lori

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Personally I think the ultimate combo is the LS1 with the 6-speed. The LT1 is good if your on a budget, and autos are good if you're planning on making it a drag car.

For all around performance, fuel efficiency, and fun though, definitely M6 LS1

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

if you get a LT1 you will always want a ls1 so i'd go with the LS1

also go with the M6 because they put more power to the ground and you get better gas mileage if you can drive it correctly
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

Thread Information