What kind of performance parts should I get?

This is a discussion on What kind of performance parts should I get? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Hey guys I have an 02 Camaro SS, so far she has FIPK fuel infection, shorty headers, slp exhaust, and ...

Silver and Black
    2002 Camaro SS

What kind of performance parts should I get?

Hey guys I have an 02 Camaro SS, so far she has FIPK fuel infection, shorty headers, slp exhaust, and a k&n intake.

What other things would y'all suggest I should put on? What parts have done good on your Camaro? Thanks so much for your help!!!

Joe

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...urrent=car.jpg

Artic
    2002 Z28

It depends on how much money you are willing to spend.

Silver and Black
    2002 Camaro SS

Right now money isn't an issue. I've been looking at Procharger, but are there any other parts that would do me any good?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

What do you want the car to accel at?

Silver and Black
    2002 Camaro SS

I'm not sure, I've only had the car for about a month and a half. Right now 60 is around 4.7-4.8 seconds and haven't tested for a 1/4. what do you think is a reasonable time? Sorry man, I'm totally new to this stuff.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

"Speed is just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

More to the point do you wanna stay legal or???? We all know how the Cali Smog Nazi's can be...

Truth be told I'm more interested in the yellow E-body in the background of your profile pic...
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 10-13-2010 at 05:08 PM.
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

To make it simple you wanna go fast straight or in the turns? You are in Sac so Sacramento Raceway is close by to you, look at there site they have a Camaro night in the near future or actually tonight. For me 1/4 mile is fun the first pass (nerving)and after that you become used to the speed and it is a matter of getting the launch right and obsessing over every bloody mph and how low you can get that 60'. I have turned more toward autox and playing in the back hills. I get my jollies off trying to put the car at the limit in a turn and wondering if I'm not going to slide off the course. Since it's usually autox I only hit cones.

I would go buy a snell approved helmet and drive yourself to Sac on a wed night or weekend. I would also reccomend going to baautox.com and look at there schedules and get yourself on a course there. Our cars do well in both situations and all the fun is finding which you prefer.

Thread Information