Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

what happens to the new camaros that are testing

heres my question to all, what happens to all the camaros they build that are for testing? you know all the concepts we see on the road or the firstconcept we ever saw. i know i am a trans am guy, but i have been following the concept maro since like the spring of '06 and with the camaro usually produces a trans am. thats how it first started, and the way its looking and even though gm doesnt think it, and alot of trans am owners hope there wont be another trans am due to collecting thumbs down btw, i just wanted to know what you guys think or maybe if someone knows what happens to them

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Probably like the 83 corvettes...

Destroyed...

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

i rember when i went to a junkyard back in my home town bloomington illinois, i went to drop some junk off and i saw 4 or 5 mitsubishis brand new that were smashed and i was thing fuck dude i could sell those. but just think of the new maros.......there born to be destroyed

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix_68 View Post
    heres my question to all, what happens to all the camaros they build that are for testing? you know all the concepts we see on the road or the firstconcept we ever saw. i know i am a trans am guy, but i have been following the concept maro since like the spring of '06 and with the camaro usually produces a trans am. thats how it first started, and the way its looking and even though gm doesnt think it, and alot of trans am owners hope there wont be another trans am due to collecting thumbs down btw, i just wanted to know what you guys think or maybe if someone knows what happens to them
    Some are kept by GM and put into a warehouse, but a majority of them are crushed and demolished.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Some are kept by GM and put into a warehouse, but a majority of them are crushed and demolished.
    bingo.

although here in my town i have seen one of the '79 camaro z28 mules. checked it over...no vin numbers or anything. pretty kool car. the story was pretty good as well. apparently gm handed it over to a school in california so that the high school auto shop could take it apart to learn how it worked but the janitor took the car and hid it so it couldn't be destroyed. he kept it for several years in storage and then sold it at a car corral at a car show and someone here in my town ended up buying it. he lost it in a divorce to his ex wife and she left it in the garage for a quite a few years before she sold it to someone else. i don't know where it is now...i haven't seen it for a while.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

my dad was tellin me about his 85 iroc i think, he got it brand new but it was a test mule and it came with paperwork certifying that it was tested at a track, had about 100 miles on it when he picked it up and was like WTF, but that was the reason

cool stuff

i doubt any companies will be crushing shit now that they're all in the shitter money wise

black
    99 z28 a4

ive herd most are destoryed because of liablity issues... i had a friends that drove and wreaked up a new viper back in the day before his dad crushed it... guess depending on the testing they dunt want it out just incase... tho i kno a retired engineer from ford that kept his test f250 but he road tested and left it running for like a month or two...

black
    99 z28 a4

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    my dad was tellin me about his 85 iroc i think, he got it brand new but it was a test mule and it came with paperwork certifying that it was tested at a track, had about 100 miles on it when he picked it up and was like WTF, but that was the reason

cool stuff

i doubt any companies will be crushing shit now that they're all in the shitter money wise
    at the detroit show the zr1 and camaro had not for resale stickers on the inside of the doors so idk...

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by jray0305usa View Post
    at the detroit show the zr1 and camaro had not for resale stickers on the inside of the doors so idk...
    Well a perfect example is the Barrett Jackson auction. GM donated SEVERAL vehicles for the auction block, most were mules or "show cars". Some had no or partial VINs and some were being sold without a title, so you can't even register the car to drive on the road. Weird....

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    bingo.

although here in my town i have seen one of the '79 camaro z28 mules. checked it over...no vin numbers or anything. pretty kool car. the story was pretty good as well. apparently gm handed it over to a school in california so that the high school auto shop could take it apart to learn how it worked but the janitor took the car and hid it so it couldn't be destroyed. he kept it for several years in storage and then sold it at a car corral at a car show and someone here in my town ended up buying it. he lost it in a divorce to his ex wife and she left it in the garage for a quite a few years before she sold it to someone else. i don't know where it is now...i haven't seen it for a while.
    that's a sad fuckin story!

black
    99 z28 a4

Well a perfect example is the Barrett Jackson auction. GM donated SEVERAL vehicles for the auction block, most were mules or "show cars". Some had no or partial VINs and some were being sold without a title, so you can't even register the car to drive on the road. Weird....
    yea i could see that most of the cars that go through there are garage queens or for museums anyway... i think its cool that they are being saved like pieces of art... but collector cars arent of much interest to me i like to drive abuse and rebuild my toys...lol

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by jray0305usa View Post
    yea i could see that most of the cars that go through there are garage queens or for museums anyway... i think its cool that they are being saved like pieces of art... but collector cars arent of much interest to me i like to drive abuse and rebuild my toys...lol
    you and me both! Don't know too many trailor queen LS1 owners though...

black
    99 z28 a4

you and me both! Don't know too many trailor queen LS1 owners though...
    lol heck i dunt kno of to many ls1 owners around here anyway atleast at the park and shines... just one has ms4/bolt-on z28 but i tryed to talk shop with him and he shunned me in front of his buddies... buts is cool i returned the favor when he as checkin my car out a week later...

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    bingo.

The only thing I don't understand about this story is...how did all these people keep selling this car with no VIN?????
    Where I come from in the merry ol land of Oz you have to have a lil ol piece of paper called a Title (pink slip) and go to the Dept. of Licensing or DMV or whatever your State may call it. WHO signed that Title if GM donated the car to a school???
    I was born and raised in Calif. and I remember how strict and difficult it was just to get a car to pass smog, let alone transfer a Title without a pink!
    And what about that Janitor? He decided to do the heist of the century? One day the car was there and the next day it's gone? "Hmmmm these stupid kids are always high...they'll never notice" So he just takes liberty of the fact that he has the keys to the facility and "relieves" the school of it's property, and it becomes public knowledge that the Janitor (why not just say the Butler did it?) but he's never charged with stealing private property!
    Then the story takes a another turn with more years of the car being stored in a garage never to be seen again...
    I just waiting to hear that on a dark stormy night you last heard that the Janitor died at the school and was seen driving that Camaro down a twisted road in your town manically screaming for revenge and wanting to avenge his death on the ex wife of that poor bastard who lost the car in his divorce!
    I'm sorry but I'm calling bullshit on this story.....as you stated..."the story was pretty good as well"

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    The only thing I don't understand about this story is...how did all these people keep selling this car with no VIN?????
    Where I come from in the merry ol land of Oz you have to have a lil ol piece of paper called a Title (pink slip) and go to the Dept. of Licensing or DMV or whatever your State may call it. WHO signed that Title if GM donated the car to a school???
    I was born and raised in Calif. and I remember how strict and difficult it was just to get a car to pass smog, let alone transfer a Title without a pink!
    And what about that Janitor? He decided to do the heist of the century? One day the car was there and the next day it's gone? "Hmmmm these stupid kids are always high...they'll never notice" So he just takes liberty of the fact that he has the keys to the facility and "relieves" the school of it's property, and it becomes public knowledge that the Janitor (why not just say the Butler did it?) but he's never charged with stealing private property!
    Then the story takes a another turn with more years of the car being stored in a garage never to be seen again...
    I just waiting to hear that on a dark stormy night you last heard that the Janitor died at the school and was seen driving that Camaro down a twisted road in your town manically screaming for revenge and wanting to avenge his death on the ex wife of that poor bastard who lost the car in his divorce!
    I'm sorry but I'm calling bullshit on this story.....as you stated..."the story was pretty good as well"

LOL.. dude come to KY. Ive sold many vehicles without titles.. You can APPLY for a title you know.... No emissions no nothing here. When I got insurance put on the TA when they went to inspect it they looked out the window and that was it....

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Well in his defense, I guess you could sell a vehicle as a "show" piece without a title. The vehicle obviously, legally can not be driven on the street then, but it would just be like selling a lamp, or perhaps a child.....

But in your offense, the story does have a lot of loopty-loops..... who really knows, besides the vengeful, thiefing janitor.

BTW.... rockin the curves on the yellow brick road in your Z06 has to be a trip! I'll have to come out some time!

Black
    1998 Camaro SS

deffinatley destroyed or kept in the GM warehouse the dont meet DOT regulations thats why the real production is very different looking that the concept

Thread Information