Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

What do you M6 drivers get for gas mileage?

This is a discussion on What do you M6 drivers get for gas mileage? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss is something wrong with mine because i get only 14 topps city mileage, what rpms do ...

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Research Triangle Park, NC

'99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    is something wrong with mine because i get only 14 topps city mileage, what rpms do you guys shift at
    If you shift below 3K, and skip gears, and drive like an old ass lady, then maybe you could get 20 mpg in the city. What's the fun in that? If I wanted something that I had to baby and gets great gas mileage, I would get a frickin Hybrid Prius.

Last time I checked, there wan't a FORUM for PRIUS enthusiasts. haha

The gas mileage I get on the highway is a just a plus, in my opinion. We have RAW ass sport cars, that make big power, and if that means I have to sacrifice city mpg, then I think it is a good trade-off. I will sacrifice an extra 30 or 40 bucks a month so I can get out of my car with a smile on my face everytime.

6 Speed / Spice Red
    Orlando, FL

Spice Red
    06 GTO

21-22 or so, about 1/2 highway, 1/2 suburbs, use 5th and 6th a lot... and the cruise control.
    Tom 06 GTO
    Spice Red 6 Speed 18" Wheels

Used to Be... Tom 02 Z28 - 6/01 to 8/06
    My 02 Z28 - Sold 8/27/06

Used to Be... Tom 99 SS - Gathering 3 & 4 Days
    My 99 SS - Still on Sal's Website

Charlotte, NC

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Now a few thousand miles into this car. I've taken a couple of trips now and 27 MPG has been reached, but those trips involved some stop and go (not all Interstate). I believe it is capable of 29MPG on the highway like the previous owner said. The difference in everyday driving is 18.5 MPG driving normally, Getting a little more frisky drops it to just under 17.5 MPG.

Now for a tune up.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information