Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What Do You Love? What Do You Hate?

This is a discussion on What Do You Love? What Do You Hate? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by KyanSEPT LOVE NOW I HATE THIS ONE -Where the driver's cup holder is located... It's right in ...

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by KyanSEPT View Post
    LOVE

NOW I HATE THIS ONE

-Where the driver's cup holder is located... It's right in the way of your shifting!
    Yeah, I can't understand that one other than that they had the automatic in mind when they designed it. I just use the ones behind me, or else the fold-out one on the passenger side.
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have never even used the cup holders.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I never used to either but now I'm always so parched that I use a under armour water bottle and I just put it in the nook where the passenger seat and the middle console meet
    2002 Camaro SS Black Betty
    Suspension:
    Poly Trans mount, Solid Motor mount, Strut tower Brace
    Performance:
    SLP intake, Smooth Bellow, A.I.R Delete, M/T's on Salad Shooters
    Apperance:
    Re-Badged, Ultragauge, Whistler Mod, Racing Seats, Auto Hurst Shift Handle

Red
    1998 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I always have a bottle of water on me.

I use the back holders as well.

We use the cup holders all the time. I can't use the back ones, because my son uses those, besides that, it's not convenient for me (or safe for that matter) to be reaching around while I'm driving. If my wife isn't with me I'll use the flip out cup holder. If she is with me then I just learn to deal with the cup holder behind the shifter. Once in a while she will hold her drink so I can use the flip out cup holder if we are driving around town and doing alot of shifting. On long highway trips it's no big deal.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    I never used to either but now I'm always so parched that I use a under armour water bottle and I just put it in the nook where the passenger seat and the middle console meet
    I always have a water bottle and put it in the same exact spot. Seems to stay there even under hard acceleration.
    It's on jackstands.

Black
    2002 M6 WS6

I didn't have time to read every one of these because I gotta head to work but, hoping I can chime in (TA owner), I was excited to post the cup holder thing but people beat me to it . Anyways...

Love:
    The power, bolt ons and 4.10s do me just fine until the bigger stuff comes.

It looks like the meanest car on the road, and is. By far my favorite exterior looking vehicle, always has been since my dad's.

Handles like a champ even without heavy suspension upgrades, but will improve.

T-Tops. Although I don't use them too much, I don't want them to leak and immediate rain isn't something I'm unfamiliar with =/ , they are pretty unique to most cars.

Seats as far as comfort are concerned are pretty good.

Steering wheel controls, though those are common.

Dislikes:
    Random squeaks and plastic sounds while driving daily. I don't know what causes them but it seems sometimes even my passenger seatbelt makes noise? When no one is in it of course. *sigh*

The freakin' cup holders suck. One behind the shifter (I got an M6) blows. Wtf is that used for...The rear ones aren't deep enough and fall voer under any turning with a bottle larger than a can. And the flip out one, though the best of the bunch, makes noise when something lightweight is sitting in it. jlsdfkhgshdfuighdfi hate those.

When I turn hard, the seats don't hold me well. I feel like I need to use two hands, not because I can't steer with one, but if I don't I'll need to push against the door or hold onto the middle console.

I'm not really.. short. 6'1" and a lot is leg height so I have to depress the clutch pedal at an angel or I'll hit the steering wheel. On that note, I'm tall to where if I fold the visor down, I can't see out the windshield. I can't even use the visor to hang things because it's in my way, plus they have ZERO support. And no clamp, so if you don't pull it from the middle to pull it down, it comes at an angle and need re-adjusted.

Overall 90's interior. Plastic and low quality. I don't mind the bland color scheme, just cheaply made.

Crap, gotta go. There's more, and I don't mean to have more dislikes, but my lkes are all braod. All cosmetics and powertrain. The rest is stuff I CAN fix with money, or if I cared enough I would have bought a bmw. I didn't.

Silver
    2000 Trans Am

Dislike: The cracks in the door bug me. My car has a crack in the dash but that will be fixed soon.
    I wish my back wheels stuck out farther.

Like: The cup holders dont annoy me (I have an A4) but I rarely have food or drinks in my car. I hate eating in vehicles.
    I love the t-tops.
    I love the gas mileage on trips. I get 27.5 on the highway, (My Trans Am is my fuel efficient car)
    I love the sound of the exhaust

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information