Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

What Do You Do For A Living?

This is a discussion on What Do You Do For A Living? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by SAGGIN Never! I will not join any branch of the armed forces EVER! But I as a ...

Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    Never! I will not join any branch of the armed forces EVER! But I as a kid I always wanted be a airline/private pilot. What other avenues can you use other than the armed forces?
    Too bad you don't want to do the military route. THE best flight training in the world.

Go the civilian route. 40k-60k for your ratings. Commercial, Multi-engine, Instrument then Airline Transport Pilot certificate when you qualify. Sit right seat (co-pilot) for very little pay with a corporate operator or regional airline for 4-5 years, then "maybe" get hired by one of the major air carriers.
    Military pilots usually get preferencial treatment.

If you want the best training & the quickest way to the airlines----military.
    No one says you have to like it, but it sure as heck opens the airline door quicker & wider.

White
    1999 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by schurke View Post
    Too bad you don't want to do the military route. THE best flight training in the world.

Go the civilian route. 40k-60k for your ratings. Commercial, Multi-engine, Instrument then Airline Transport Pilot certificate when you qualify. Sit right seat (co-pilot) for very little pay with a corporate operator or regional airline for 4-5 years, then "maybe" get hired by one of the major air carriers.

No one says you have to like it, but it sure as heck opens the airline door quicker & wider.
    Yeah...and a guaranteed trip to HELL! IE, Iraq and or Afghanistan.

Quote Originally Posted by T-TOPS View Post
    You are probably right but nothing is free.

White
    1999 Z28 Camaro

That is true.

Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

Black
    1994 Firebird Formula

Never! I will not join any branch of the armed forces EVER! But I as a kid I always wanted be a airline/private pilot. What other avenues can you use other than the armed forces?

Never huh? Wouldn't even consider it? It's a great way to get some life experience and grow as a person. You might be loaded, I don't know, but you get a decent chunk of cash for college when you get out.

Oh and just a friendly word of advice: if you say things like you posted above it makes it sound like you are either "above" being in the military, or have some sort of problem with it. The military is not for everyone, and I can respect someones decision to not do it, but please don't ever disrespect the men and women that offer you shelter.
    Again, I'm not saying that you meant it that way, just be mindfull of what you say. That applys to a lot of things in life.

Quote Originally Posted by firechikin View Post
    Never huh? Wouldn't even consider it? It's a great way to get some life experience and grow as a person. You might be loaded, I don't know, but you get a decent chunk of cash for college when you get out.

Oh and just a friendly word of advice: if you say things like you posted above it makes it sound like you are either "above" being in the military, or have some sort of problem with it. The military is not for everyone, and I can respect someones decision to not do it, but please don't ever disrespect the men and women that offer you shelter.
    Again, I'm not saying that you meant it that way, just be mindfull of what you say. That applys to a lot of things in life.
    Ditto.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Amen

99 Hugger Z28, 03 R6

Agreed

I work in general aviation and hear the same sob stories over and over. The only "shortcut" I see is if you come from a wealthy family. I've met a few pilots that have everything paid for them and it shows. The rich kids seem to have a certain ego. Only last hope is that you have a VERY good way with people. Sometimes you can find airplane owners that dont fly much but want their airplanes flown. Its a great way to build time but still costs money.

Awaiting Activation

black
    98 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by ndt/oos View Post
    I guess im kinda the exception to the rule but, i applied for verizon doing installs right out of high school and didnt go to college full time. i make some good scratch working for verizon installing fios in so cal ive even bought myself a condo without my parents help. thank god for unions. but anyways ive decided that college is the way to go no matter what even though the money is great so im about to get ready for the fire academy by going to rcc or crafton hills and eventually medic school. i volunteered when i was in high school and decided thats what i really wanted to do. chicks dig the uniform......trust me . at any rate stick with it and dont take a semester off to relax. i went to school while working and decided to take a semester off and havent been back since. two school years have passed.....did i even answer the question??? o im 22 yrs old.
    i'm in inside/outside collections and do pretty well for myself. i took a year, two, or three from school and never went back. i had worked since i was fourteen because i was always my own man. i thought " i'll go to school and work", but my jobs kept getting better very quickly so i never got to go back. make sure what ever you take in school coincides with what you would possibly do for a living and stay there. i now wish i would have went to school because i would probably be filthy, rich that is... but i'll get there i'm 23, youngest in my company with no degree and i'm getting paid.

10's N/A

<---- ASE certified Automotive Technician. Graduated from Sierra College's (Rocklin, CA) ASE Auto. Tech Program in '05. Recently completed the Smog/C.A.R.B program at Wyotech (West Sacramento, CA) in March of this year. Currently employed @ Elk Grove Toyota/Scion in Elk Grove, CA. Doing pretty good!
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Look man I don't care what you make of my posts or how you decide to interpret 'em. I mean what I said, never eva will i join the armed forces for reasons you might not comprehend. Men and women wearing a uniform don't offer me no fu*kin shelter...I provide my own damn shelter...don't preach to me about what to say or how someone may feel after my post, I don't care if you mind or not...matta fact U, and I say it with the most sincerity, i bet you got some smart azz shiii to say about this post too...oh yea to all those who might be offended by what I have to say, don't pay no mind.
    Last edited by SAGGIN; 04-14-2008 at 05:20 PM.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by T-TOPS View Post
    He know WTF i'm talking about

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

What?

Black
    1994 Firebird Formula

Dude, you fail at life man. Go do whatever it is you want to, but try to be successful with that attitude. I've been around the block a few times, and am a former Marine so I have some wisdom I can impart on the people a little younger than me. If you choose not to listen that's cool, but your last post just screams ignorance. You probably have a hard time working for someone don't you? Can't follow orders, or direction?

Well guess what buddy, in order to BE a leader, you have to know how to follow, learn from your mistakes and always strive to be better. And your not going to make any money or last at any job unless you can show a little leadership.

Hopefully for your sake you will grow up someday. This was a pretty civilized discussion and I meant no harm to you initially, but now I see you for what you are.

Carry on, have a nice life, good luck with the crack selling.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

I <3 the English language

I just want to put this out there... God bless the USA and God bless the men and women who put themselves in harms way to defend her. You can't have liberties and you can't be free without them. Just because you may not agree with a political issue facing the country today, that gives not a single person the means to say negative things about the people who put their lives on the line for a cause, a country and for me. To me that's just selfish and ignorant. These people give you the rights to say the things you are saying and you are choosing to degrade their services. Respect your armed forces, their courage and honor deserves nothing less. Thank you all who serve in the military. I appreciate my rights and the people whom defend them.

Now that I got that out of the way, lets steer this thread back to the topic now... what do ya say?!?!?

The Pulse of the Maggots SicWs6's Avatar

NBM
    1999 Trans Am WS6

US Army baby!! Im a mechanic.
    "How's your whole...Family?

Visit My Garage!
    http://www.fquick.com/SicWs6

White
    1999 Z28 Camaro

He know WTF i'm talking about
    Look man, It is hell over there. i wont lie, and any one of these other SM will tell you the same. And its okay to admit your scared to go over there and fight for your country and make a very respectable chunk of change. But please don't say we dont offer you any shelter, beacause if it wasn't for the Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard you wouldn't have the freedoms you have now. So whatever your reason for not wanting to join, we can respect that (unless your some anti-american terrorist) but please dont disrespect us.

blue
    1999 camaro ss #976

YES THANK YOU !!!!!!!!! to the men and women that serve this nation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information