Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

What Do You Do For A Living?

This is a discussion on What Do You Do For A Living? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by pick8208 I'd suggest taking as many different classes as possible. I ended up majoring in creative writing ...

blue
    1999 camaro ss #976

Quote Originally Posted by pick8208 View Post
    I'd suggest taking as many different classes as possible. I ended up majoring in creative writing based off of some core classes I took, and although it was interesting, it didn't really hold a lot of promise in terms of work after school. I worked as a mechanic through college and for two years after I graduated, and then I was hired on as an editor for two national car magazines that each focus on the collector car market. I get to travel to high-end collector car auctions a few times a year, and I spend my days working with text about all sorts of classic cars.

You'll know you're on the right track when work doesn't feel like work.
    i agree on that one thats how i feel

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

I'm currently a student at University of North Texas...
    I am in the Mechanical Engineering Technology department going for my BS and I am also in Pre-Dental...
    I plan on being an orthodontist and getting into whatever dental school will take me
    But seriously... I have been lazy and need to crack down and that really is the key...
    Being able to get good grades shows you are able to complete a job and not be lazy...
    I picked pre-dent because I love teeth and I love cars, but do not want to work on cars and risk losing my interest in them by working on them.
    Being an ortho will give me plenty of money to work on cars in my free time... and yes ortho's have nothing but free time, you aren't on call and work 4 days a week for 8 hours a day... can't beat it when you make close to 400k a year
    My cousin has recently graduated the 4 year dental school required and is now embarking at a tennessee orth school for 3 more years.. yes 11 years of college... but worth it

red
    2001 Z28

WOW! What a diverse group we are. It looks like we all can agree enjoying what you do is the key. I work in marketing and advertising for a local western Kansas Telco and LOVE it. Every day is different and everyone in the company thinks all we do is goof off. We have tons of fun. In my job I also work various events (love spending time with the public) and I train our employees on new technology and changes in our companies services. I have a degree in Communication under public relations. I went into this field because itís easy and my strongest interest. I agree having a degree isnít always needed but it definitely helps get you certain jobs and great to fall back on when you current employment goes south. Just my humble thoughts.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

automotive technician/ diesel tech, shop supervisor and fleet manager,

basically manage the a fleet of nearly 30 ford trucks, service, repair and schedule them in my shop.

great company, christian owned and managed.

I'm a chemical engineer in a pharmaceutical company. Basically managed multi million dollar equipment projects and facility upgrades. Money does not compensate for the stress level though.

BTW...I hate it when people call themselves engineers and don't even have a damn engineering degree - i.e. sanitation engineer = GARBAGEMAN/ PERSON DAMNIT....ok rant over

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Service adviser at a Chevy dealer.

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

White
    1999 Z28 Camaro

I am a cavalry scout for the united states army and have completed 1 overseas tour to Iraq. I am getting ready for a tour to Afghanistan and then ill be getting out of the army.

Red
    1998, A4, T-TOP, Trans Am

Munitions Systems Craftsman in USAF. I like my job. Easiest paycheck I have ever earned in my life. I am getting ready to take some paint/body prep classes at the local technical college. It is something I have always wanted to try.

Limited Edition #1242
    2002 Camaro SS LE

Prof. soldier, more specifically, U.S. Army Special Forces (aka Green Beret). I instruct soldiers in foreign countries in a multitude of languages on the basic and advanced arts of light infantry, Unconventional Warfare, Direct Action, Foreign Internal Defense, Counter Insurgency, and a few others. I am a force multiplier. Combat vet from a few areas of the world. I speak three languages, four if you count English, I have been doing this for a quarter century, and I'm very good at it...We're all Type A personalities so please forgive me if the solid self-esteem may appear to border on bragging... Just stating the facts.

I have a BS in History and I'm now working on my Masters in IT. Ok, I'm shy also... yeah, right... Soon to retire next year!! Oh joy...

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by SPECOPS94 View Post
    Prof. soldier, more specifically, U.S. Army Special Forces (aka Green Beret). I instruct soldiers in foreign countries in a multitude of languages on the basic and advanced arts of light infantry, Unconventional Warfare, Direct Action, Foreign Internal Defense, Counter Insurgency, and a few others. I am a force multiplier. Combat vet from a few areas of the world. I speak three languages, four if you count English, I have been doing this for a quarter century, and I'm very good at it...We're all Type A personalities so please forgive me if the solid self-esteem may appear to border on bragging... Just stating the facts.

I have a BS in History and I'm now working on my Masters in IT. Ok, I'm shy also... yeah, right... Soon to retire next year!! Oh joy...
    lol whats up Rambo! haha!

just kidding, that definitely sounds interesting.

Thanks goes out to all of you guys in the military! You are all appreciated!

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    lol whats up Rambo! haha!

just kidding, that definitely sounds interesting.

Thanks goes out to all of you guys in the military! You are all appreciated!
    AMEN, wow it is cool to see all the badass military also loving the f-bodies.

Red
    1999 SS

I am the Assistant Plant Manager at a Metal Framing Company..

Got my BS in Opertions Management from Ball State University

Navy Blue
    1998 Camaro SS

I'm a Long Haul trucker. I haul freight in a 53' long trailer through all lower 48 states. My rig has 2 beds (top and bottom), T.V. DVD, fridge, portable toilet, XM radio The money is good, but gets slow during the winter due to the winter weather conditions. I get paid to see the country, take time off when and where I want (kinda like a vacation) without having to drive my own car. This is a company truck so the company pays the fuel, too. I'm like a fully paid tourist. I get to see my brother in Kentucky, I got to see the Corvette museum, got to see other different sights that I can't remember right now. I've been to and through all the big cities, and little cities in between. Meet different types of people and coultures around the country. Driving trucks is the reason why my cars have low mileage. I've done about 1,100 miles in my Camaro since December. I get to see how beautiful America really is. I live in So-Cal, and as I type this, I'm taking a day off in Indianapolis, IN just hanging out in my rig. I've seen it all, and got paid to see it and do it. There are a few down sides to this job, though. You spend a lot of time on the road away from family. Long hours behind the wheel. I spend about 8-9 hours a day behind the wheel. At knight, you'll have fun trying to find a place to park and sleep. Truck stop fill up about 8pm that night. And here's the best part, I'll be in the middle of the boondocks when all of a sudden I gotta take a wizz. Nowhere to stop. Bottle?? Oh, there it is. You won't be able to get a shower every night. Truck stop food sucks. My advice to people: If you don't have much of a life or you wanna see the country, become a trucker. Sorry for the long pointless story.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by CaliCruiser View Post
    I'm a Long Haul trucker. I haul freight in a 53' long trailer through all lower 48 states. My rig has 2 beds (top and bottom), T.V. DVD, fridge, portable toilet, XM radio The money is good, but gets slow during the winter due to the winter weather conditions. I get paid to see the country, take time off when and where I want (kinda like a vacation) without having to drive my own car. This is a company truck so the company pays the fuel, too. I'm like a fully paid tourist. I get to see my brother in Kentucky, I got to see the Corvette museum, got to see other different sights that I can't remember right now. I've been to and through all the big cities, and little cities in between. Meet different types of people and coultures around the country. Driving trucks is the reason why my cars have low mileage. I've done about 1,100 miles in my Camaro since December. I get to see how beautiful America really is. I live in So-Cal, and as I type this, I'm taking a day off in Indianapolis, IN just hanging out in my rig. I've seen it all, and got paid to see it and do it. There are a few down sides to this job, though. You spend a lot of time on the road away from family. Long hours behind the wheel. I spend about 8-9 hours a day behind the wheel. At knight, you'll have fun trying to find a place to park and sleep. Truck stop fill up about 8pm that night. And here's the best part, I'll be in the middle of the boondocks when all of a sudden I gotta take a wizz. Nowhere to stop. Bottle?? Oh, there it is. You won't be able to get a shower every night. Truck stop food sucks. My advice to people: If you don't have much of a life or you wanna see the country, become a trucker. Sorry for the long pointless story.
    no lol, much enjoyed at work, i got nothing to do either, haha

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

Physical Therapist and Rehabilitation Manager at a hospital. You cannot go wrong with a career in healthcare - roughly 18% of the US economy and mostly immune to the ups and downs of the other job markets.

It is also fun and rewarding to help people recover and get their lives back.

SILVER
    2001 Z

papermill mechanic

white
    98 Camaro Z28

i own a aquarium service and instalation company, i pretty much clean fish tanks, and sell them, install them and just about anything else that has to do with fish. lol

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I am an H20 distribution engineer for the local community college flag football team.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

I am a truck driver, but a local one, I just got this job, brand new 6month contract! basicly all i do is go to the hospitals push all their medical waste onto my dump trailer, take it to the certified area and dump it, sign papper work and go on to the next.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    i own a aquarium service and instalation company, i pretty much clean fish tanks, and sell them, install them and just about anything else that has to do with fish. lol
    You are Duece Bigalow!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information