Page 62 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1222324258596061626364656682 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1701
Like Tree22Likes

What did you do to/with your Camaro today?

This is a discussion on What did you do to/with your Camaro today? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Changed these nasty plugs.. Got the old out and put some BR7EF's in there looking to throw a 100-125 shot ...

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Changed these nasty plugs.. Got the old out and put some BR7EF's in there looking to throw a 100-125 shot at them

and my secret to getting that stupid #8 plug...

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

what did you use for your bellow? i need something like that

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

pulled the bottom end apart and figured out the cause of the BAD noises lol. looks as though the oil pump obliterated itself and shot metal into the main bearings causing them to destroy themselves.

pics to follow

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

That's funny King, my wife is also my secret weapon for that and also for the back alternator bolt etc.

Wicked sorry to hear but at least you will know your engine better when finished fixing it. Still feel bad for you bro.

Sent using my telèfono

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Wifey's Grocery Getter
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    what did you use for your bellow? i need something like that
    fernco coupling from home depot

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    pulled the bottom end apart and figured out the cause of the BAD noises lol. looks as though the oil pump obliterated itself and shot metal into the main bearings causing them to destroy themselves.

pics to follow
    Ouch. Time to go bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    That's funny King, my wife is also my secret weapon for that and also for the back alternator bolt etc.

Wicked sorry to hear but at least you will know your engine better when finished fixing it. Still feel bad for you bro.

Sent using my telèfono
    I had gave up on it and started doing something else. She got home got up there and pulled that sucker out and put the new one in in no time. I just gave her a hug and a kiss said thank you. Then she told me you can thank me later .
    12-13-10 I was there

2001 Black SS #5228

Just finished up putting on the SLP Powerflo cat back with a new SLP y-pipe.
    The thread is in the external engine section.

SLP PowerFlo installed w/pics & sound

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

sticking with the same amount of cubes since its already a 6.0 but having the bottom end professionally re done, they are blueprinting and balancing it on top of turning the crank and vatting the block. so this should not happen again hopefully. should be back together by the end of the month hopefully if everything works out right

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post

Sent using my telèfono

is what it is but im not fretting just out a little time and money is all but this way i can go through it right and have it done the professional way so it doesnt happen again. i just wish i still had it running since meridian cruise is this saturday and i wanted to go out there open headers

My mods are in my sig CJ
    2000 ss camaro, forged lq9 370 short block, stage 3 PRC 243 heads, fast 102 w, big mouth throttle body, MS3 cam, 1.7 roller rockers, stage 3 t-56, monster stage 3, pro 5.0, 4.10's with moser axles, bmr tq arm, lca's, phb. SOLD (thankfully)!!!

New project: 1968 step-side, partial restore, ls/th400 swap. hopefully boosted pics and more info to come!!!

Having a small cam is like having a small dick, everytime you go to use it you wish it was bigger

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

continued relatively unsuccessfully with my header project. unable to get out the last exhaust manifold bolt on the passenger side by the firewall. got the driver side manifold off no problem but can't get the new header into position. i think i need to take off the motor mount to get it up there...not looking forward to that. over the last couple of days i have changed my u-joints, cleaned the grease up from the underside of the car and driveshaft, fixed my turn signals, and removed my air pump. sunday morning i hope to get the final bolt off the passenger side manifold and get the headers up and into the car so i can get the y-pipe on and my oil change done and then get the pcm tuned to remove the air, egr, and rear O2 sensors.

LPM
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    continued relatively unsuccessfully with my header project. unable to get out the last exhaust manifold bolt on the passenger side by the firewall. got the driver side manifold off no problem but can't get the new header into position. i think i need to take off the motor mount to get it up there...not looking forward to that. over the last couple of days i have changed my u-joints, cleaned the grease up from the underside of the car and driveshaft, fixed my turn signals, and removed my air pump. sunday morning i hope to get the final bolt off the passenger side manifold and get the headers up and into the car so i can get the y-pipe on and my oil change done and then get the pcm tuned to remove the air, egr, and rear O2 sensors.
    Good luck! Hope you don't have too much trouble with that last bolt

LS6 Intake, LS6 VCT, E^2 Catch Can, Hooker LTs and ORY, Magnaflow Cat-Back, 3" QTP electric cutout, UMI adj LCA, PHB, 3 pt SFCs, STB, MGW Shifter, SLP lid and bellow, Free-Mods, Tuned by BlueCat

LPM
    2000 Z28

Where do you guys recommend purging on a z28? About to order one and just can't decide

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

hey king, I couldnt get a "fernco" brand, but I did find a 3x3 rubber coupler at Lowes. it looks like the coupler on yours is flush against the TB and the MAF, but you still have the correct angle...howed you do that?

Red
    1998 Z28

Picked it up from after my oil pan swap. replaced o2s. Getting an alignment now..feels good to drive a fast car after driving trucks for 3 weeks..
    1998 Z28: Bolt-ons, Stage ? 4L60E. 250rwhp@6500Ft (R.I.P 5/1/2013)

1998 Mystic Teal Trans Am: Bone stock. (In process)

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by derekbuckner1 View Post
    Where do you guys recommend purging on a z28? About to order one and just can't decide
    is it for show or actual use? if you plan on using it for what it is intended then right in the center of the wiper cowl if not then maybe the grill?

01 SS

Spent mo'money in assisting my inevitable braking and steering issue

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    hey king, I couldnt get a "fernco" brand, but I did find a 3x3 rubber coupler at Lowes. it looks like the coupler on yours is flush against the TB and the MAF, but you still have the correct angle...howed you do that?
    You just have to force it into place.

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by derekbuckner1 View Post
    I have mine coming right in the center of the wiper cowl.
    You can't see it that well but its purging in this pic.

LPM
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    is it for show or actual use? if you plan on using it for what it is intended then right in the center of the wiper cowl if not then maybe the grill?
    Actual use. I'm just not sure that the line will reach the cowl. It's a dry kit and the solenoid is all the way in the front of the car.

LPM
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by KING Z28 HAWK View Post
    I have mine coming right in the center of the wiper cowl.
    You can't see it that well but its purging in this pic.
    Click for full size
    Thanks! I prefer the look of purging out the cowl. How do you have your hose secured there? Mine comes with 5' of line, and I'm anal about a clean engine bay. Think I'll have enough to make it there?

Page 62 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1222324258596061626364656682 ... LastLast

Thread Information