Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

mid night blue
    02 maro ss

what bolt ons give more h.p

i got a 02 ss slp maro and want to get more h.p with out doin major work thinking of some long tubes,bbk throtle body,and maybe some 411 gears..what ya think..

Artic
    2002 Z28

Headers yes.. p&p stock tb. Under drive pulley.. RAM air mod.. tb bypass and a good tune. If you have a 6 speed 4.11s will give you some punch out of the hole for sure. Good set of plugs and wires couldn't hurt either. No power from those but better throttle response in my opinion. Have fun modding

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

A lid and full exhaust.

mid night blue
    02 maro ss

Does it matter wat type headers I get..because I checked all the specifics on some hookers and then I found some cheap brand ones that have all the same specifics and material.so am I just going to pay for the name?

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by bene View Post
    A lid and full exhaust.
    This plus a quality tune. NOT a handheld programmer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 02midniteblu-ss View Post
    Does it matter wat type headers I get..because I checked all the specifics on some hookers and then I found some cheap brand ones that have all the same specifics and material.so am I just going to pay for the name?
    You want 2 things in headers - long tubes and stainless steel.

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Smog Nazi's gonna getcha out there in Cali....

LT's are VERBOTEN!

White
    1998 Trans Am

Any good stainless lt setup and a good catback with a tune will give you the most hp for sure.
    Get a p&p throttle body it's a good fit with your ls6 intake and a few extra hp. Underdrive pulley will get you another 10 or 12 hp. Lid and a good filter will get you a few more. Some good plug and wires are always a plus. Then there is the coolant by pass and some little things like that.
    The 4.10's won't give you more hp but it will make your car feel a lot faster. I have an A4 with 3.73's and they were the best bang for the buck mod on the car, was like a whole new beast.
    Then later depending on you budget a nice cam is always good for more power and isn't too hard on your wallet.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Also, don't bother with the EO legal shorties. The 01/02's have the best exhaust manifolds put on the LS1 F-body.

Is being smog legal a concern?
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Sunset metallic orange
    '01 Camaro SS

Also get rid of your cruise control cuz u can't truely full throttle I just found that out want a friend jumps In my car and pushes the throttle all the way and there's a 1/4" of space to go so I cut it and made my own cable but now some one told me you can just buy a throttle cable form a camaro w/o asr and cruise control. But it work either way and it's a world of diff. Seriously

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The sound of your piss hitting the urinal.......yea it sounds feminine!

red
    99 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Eganslp View Post
    Also get rid of your cruise control cuz u can't truely full throttle I just found that out want a friend jumps In my car and pushes the throttle all the way and there's a 1/4" of space to go so I cut it and made my own cable but now some one told me you can just buy a throttle cable form a camaro w/o asr and cruise control. But it work either way and it's a world of diff. Seriously

Uh, say what?

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

more please

Hmmm, both of mine have cruise and ASR and I've never had full throttle issues. Never even heard of this being an issue before.

Sounds like maybe your cable just stretched or something? Maybe your throttle body or some other part was changed on your car prior to you owning it?

For the original poster there are also some free mods you can do, nothing big on power gains, but they all work together.

Short of nitrous or a blower there is no real easy single power gain to be done. Like mentioned, headers, exhaust, lid, filter, are a good start. They are nothing that is going to make a huge difference, however they will come into play later down the road for making more power with other more serious upgrades like heads, cam, etc...

Where you are living like Jim has mentioned, is going to play a big roll in what you can and can't do.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

I don't think it has been said yet, so I'll volunteer this: Leave the MAF alone!

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    I don't think it has been said yet, so I'll volunteer this: Leave the MAF alone!
    why?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    why?

A lot of guys will change out the MAF, or modify it, thinking they will gain power. In reality, all you do is screw up your air-fuel ratio and possibly affect driveability. Stock MAF will take you to 500 hp.

It's just easier to leave it alone at this point in the modifying stage.

Changing it to a larger MAF or installing ported ends or anything of that sort requires a custom tune to dial in the MAF tables. It may squeak a little more power in the end but for most bolt on cars it's not worth the effort.

For some people looking for more power, it makes more sense to remove the MAF all together and use a speed density tune.

mid night blue
    02 maro ss

well thank all u guyz 4 all the info..but 1 more question wat will i run if just use long tubes and 411 gears..

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 02midniteblu-ss View Post
    well thank all u guyz 4 all the info..but 1 more question wat will i run if just use long tubes and 411 gears..
    Only one way to find out

White
    1998 Trans Am

Not sure why that would be if you have a ported TB the cable should open it all the way I would imagine. I have cruise bit got the 3.23 factory package with without trac control and my tuner setup my car so anything about 80% throttle is wot. Not sure what hr did but he has hp tuner and after removing the useless dynotune the car ran and felt a lot stronger.

Thread Information