Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

What am i running for hp?

This is a discussion on What am i running for hp? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I have a 2000 Z28 with t-56, have slp air box lid, k&n air filter, removed mass air screen, bbk ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    24

    Red
    2000 Z28

    What am i running for hp?

    I have a 2000 Z28 with t-56, have slp air box lid, k&n air filter, removed mass air screen, bbk 80mm throttle body, bbk intake manifold, gm hot cam, harland sharp roller rockers, hardened pushrods, no cats, magnaflow exhaust, 3.73 gears, prothane motor & trans mounts, and a tune. Just wondering what i roughly have for hp haven't hit a dyno yet need to save up some money first.

  2. #2
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Z28 View Post
    I have a 2000 Z28 with t-56, have slp air box lid, k&n air filter, removed mass air screen, bbk 80mm throttle body, bbk intake manifold, gm hot cam, harland sharp roller rockers, hardened pushrods, no cats, magnaflow exhaust, 3.73 gears, prothane motor & trans mounts, and a tune. Just wondering what i roughly have for hp haven't hit a dyno yet need to save up some money first.
    Only a dyno will tell you your HP, and HP only matters if it can get to the ground efficiently.

    Track #'s will tell you everything you want to know.

    That being said... I'm guessing you'll be around 350-360 rwhp on a Mustang Dyno. Obviously motor and trans mounts will not increase that number.

    2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

    2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

    2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

    2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

  3. #3
    Member Ant71130's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Age
    28
    Posts
    356

    Black
    2002 M6 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Only a dyno will tell you your HP, and HP only matters if it can get to the ground efficiently.

    Track #'s will tell you everything you want to know.

    That being said... I'm guessing you'll be around 350-360 rwhp on a Mustang Dyno. Obviously motor and trans mounts will not increase that number.
    Or the mass air screen delete/gears. :P

    Probably about right, which is roughly 385 on a dynojet right? Maybe higher actually. Can't recall the differences. Maybe close to 400 on that but mustang dynos are much more accurate to real life.

  4. #4
    Your dealership guy konigandy6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romeo, MI
    Posts
    6,557

    Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

    Quote Originally Posted by Ant71130 View Post
    Or the mass air screen delete/gears. :P

    Probably about right, which is roughly 385 on a dynojet right? Maybe higher actually. Can't recall the differences. Maybe close to 400 on that but mustang dynos are much more accurate to real life.
    My skimming skills failed me again!!!

    Yeah Mustang dyno's will always be a lower rating because of the road force they put on the drum. Not sure if he'll break 400 with that cam however.

  5. #5
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    I'm more impressed with track numbers than dyno numbers...
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

    2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

    2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

    Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

  6. #6
    Member Ant71130's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Age
    28
    Posts
    356

    Black
    2002 M6 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    I'm more impressed with track numbers than dyno numbers...
    True. Dyno is good to brag because it leaves it open to interpretaton for how quick it is. You say I got 500whp, you could run 13's with no traction, or 11's. You say I ran a 12.3. Well... that's wtf you run, 200hp or 700hp.

  7. #7
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Low 13s

  8. #8
    Member Ant71130's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Age
    28
    Posts
    356

    Black
    2002 M6 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Low 13s
    I'd say 12's? At least with a decent tire.

  9. #9
    Moderator 35th-ANV-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wherever life takes me
    Posts
    12,465

    Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

    He may dip into the high 12's. I don't see anything regarding suspension/tires though and he is a T56, which is going to slow him down at the track.

  10. #10
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    True, I would think with his mods he should easily hit 12s.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    coteau du lac quebec
    Posts
    42

    white
    1998 z28

    12.5 easy whit good traction

  12. #12
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    I don't see any mention of long tubes. That hot cam is not giving you significant gains without long tubes. I will stick with my low 13 guesstimate.

  13. #13
    Senior Member TLS_Addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,706

    Ray Charles blue
    1492

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I don't see any mention of long tubes. That hot cam is not giving you significant gains without long tubes. I will stick with my low 13 guesstimate.
    Could be. Never know, track and traction depending.

  14. #14
    Member Ant71130's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Age
    28
    Posts
    356

    Black
    2002 M6 WS6

    True ya never know. But if *some* stock cars are 12.9 ( ) and with a good driver low 13's usually, I can't think mods of any kind wouldn't help. With a decent 60' it'll be a nice run.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,083

    SOM
    2002 SS

    This is mostly personal pinion but the only mods I see there to give power is the cam and tune. I'm unfamiliar with the manifold but based on what I've seen on ls vettes manifolds help on major mods or high hp. I'd guess 345 rwhp.

    Track times mean nothing to me because e.t has way too many variables involved. I ran a high 13 in my vette 2 years back and smoked my buddies high 11 01 vette on the way home. How? I ran 128 mph he was 124ish. Why a 13? Because I don't care to break my car for e.t. I roll out.. Play with my stereo and count to 3 and then do a roll on. This way whatever car beside me is already gone so my video guy can get the sound of my exhaust nicely too

  16. #16
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    This is mostly personal pinion but the only mods I see there to give power is the cam and tune. I'm unfamiliar with the manifold but based on what I've seen on ls vettes manifolds help on major mods or high hp. I'd guess 345 rwhp.

    Track times mean nothing to me because e.t has way too many variables involved. I ran a high 13 in my vette 2 years back and smoked my buddies high 11 01 vette on the way home. How? I ran 128 mph he was 124ish. Why a 13? Because I don't care to break my car for e.t. I roll out.. Play with my stereo and count to 3 and then do a roll on. This way whatever car beside me is already gone so my video guy can get the sound of my exhaust nicely too
    MPH in the 1/4 is an indicator of HP. I am not surprised you would beat him, at roll racing.............

  17. #17
    Member Ant71130's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Age
    28
    Posts
    356

    Black
    2002 M6 WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    MPH in the 1/4 is an indicator of HP. I am not surprised you would beat him, at roll racing.............
    I think that's what he's saying; that his car is faster, he just doesn't count ETs as speed indicators because some people like himself don't launch hard or risk breaking their cars at the track. However, most people at the track, do indeed do this because that's what the track is for. So in MOST cases, ET is a pretty legit estimate..
    .02

    Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    This is mostly personal pinion but the only mods I see there to give power is the cam and tune. I'm unfamiliar with the manifold but based on what I've seen on ls vettes manifolds help on major mods or high hp. I'd guess 345 rwhp.

    Track times mean nothing to me because e.t has way too many variables involved. I ran a high 13 in my vette 2 years back and smoked my buddies high 11 01 vette on the way home. How? I ran 128 mph he was 124ish. Why a 13? Because I don't care to break my car for e.t. I roll out.. Play with my stereo and count to 3 and then do a roll on. This way whatever car beside me is already gone so my video guy can get the sound of my exhaust nicely too
    Lid/exhaust/cam/tune all give power and the gearing certainly helps in ETs as well. 345rwhp is still a decent amount over stock and should provide the necessary bump into the 12's in a good launch and traction.
    Last edited by Ant71130; 06-20-2011 at 11:49 AM.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,083

    SOM
    2002 SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    MPH in the 1/4 is an indicator of HP. I am not surprised you would beat him, at roll racing.............
    Isnt that what the op was asking? so check your mph on an iphone with dyno app or g-tech or at the track and youll get an idea of your mph and general HP range.. and then you will know what e.t you can probably get depending on suspension/traction mods.
    Last edited by 5abivt; 06-20-2011 at 12:18 PM.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    This is mostly personal pinion but the only mods I see there to give power is the cam and tune. I'm unfamiliar with the manifold but based on what I've seen on ls vettes manifolds help on major mods or high hp. I'd guess 345 rwhp.

    Track times mean nothing to me because e.t has way too many variables involved. I ran a high 13 in my vette 2 years back and smoked my buddies high 11 01 vette on the way home. How? I ran 128 mph he was 124ish. Why a 13? Because I don't care to break my car for e.t. I roll out.. Play with my stereo and count to 3 and then do a roll on. This way whatever car beside me is already gone so my video guy can get the sound of my exhaust nicely too
    Good to know you race like a little girl

  20. #20
    Just me Y2KPewterSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Age
    42
    Posts
    23,353

    Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    Isnt that what the op was asking? so check your mph on an iphone with dyno app or g-tech or at the track and youll get an idea of your mph and general HP range.. and then you will know what e.t you can probably get depending on suspension/traction mods.
    You mistake me for someone that doesn't care about track times, MPH or dyno numbers in regards to my car. They simply don't matter to me at all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Running rough if running at all help
    By ichliebecamaro in forum LT1
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 11:54 AM
  2. Car is Running
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 02:21 PM
  3. Question: running 12`s
    By SSMOKEshow in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 06:42 AM
  4. Got The Car Running Again But
    By theslow00 in forum Western Members
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 01:08 PM
  5. Need help, car not running right?
    By blackSS01 in forum General Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-15-2006, 09:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •