black
    93 notch 5.0 5sp

what is this 99 ss worth?

it's not mine. 51k miles, 6 speed. http://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/2249928274.html

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

i wouldnt pay more than 8k but the kbb probly says 10k honestly..

just because it says "SS" somehow magically makes it worth way more than a z28 when its the same freaking thing (besides the hood/spoiler)

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

according to KBB, he's pricing it as excellent condition and above (though KBB lists the price at $10,100 for excellent).

If he has truly added new tires, A/c, and the car is stock, with records, the price is justifible, but i'm sure you might be able to talk him down a few hundred or so.

ill PM you the KBB i ran since we can't post it in the threads
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

It's worth whatever someone will pay for it. A lower mileage car that has been kept stock could be a draw for someone looking for an investment. A person looking for a fun car that might want to mod it might think it's too much. It all depends on what someone is looking for.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

I think what they are asking is a fair price... You might try to talk them down a little..

Sebring Silver
    1998 Chevy Camaro Z28

thats a steal to bad im not around there

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

NADA has it valued at $10,625. man i would hop all over that car. i dont think the price is that unfair but would certainly talk him down. i love silver!

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    according to KBB, he's pricing it as excellent condition and above (though KBB lists the price at $10,100 for excellent).

If he has truly added new tires, A/c, and the car is stock, with records, the price is justifible, but i'm sure you might be able to talk him down a few hundred or so.

ill PM you the KBB i ran since we can't post it in the threads
    yeah I figured the KBB would say that..

I guess it all matters on what you're looking for OP. If you specifically want an SS then maybe offer him $9500 and work up. If you would settle for a z28 then they are much cheaper for (in my opinion) nearly the same thing.

Black
    '98 Z28

I think that's a fair price considering the condition of the car. For comparison's sake, I got my 98 z28 with 78,000 a year and a half ago for $6000 in Gainesville.

Quote Originally Posted by mammoth713 View Post
    i wouldnt pay more than 8k but the kbb probly says 10k honestly..

just because it says "SS" somehow magically makes it worth way more than a z28 when its the same freaking thing (besides the hood/spoiler)
    It's much more than that,,,,hence the reason the books bump the prices up.

Looks like a fair price to me. I've seen some really run down Fbodies in that price range.
    If it is what he says, it's a good deal. All prices are negotiable anyway,,,it's not like the asking price is set in stone. The sellers have to start somewhere,,,,and the blue book values provide that starting point.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

It looks like a pretty fair price to me for a '99 Camaro SS with those miles.

NBM M6
    2000 SS

I just dont understand you guys and KBB. Who cares what KBB says. I guess a 2002 berger with 5k on it is only worth what KBB says. I am not talking crap about anyone. If I am willing to pay 20 grand for a 99ss then that is what it is worth.

People use the KBB as a baseline to establish and asking price,,,just as I had mentioned above.

Doesn't necessarily mean the car is worth "X" amount of dollars, but it gives people something to work with. Have to start somewhere, and some people just don't have a clue.

Being a collector of classic muscle, I see this stuff all the time. KBB does some things well enough, and other things it doesn't.
    For instance the KBB doesn't mention anything about SLP optioned SS cars. It simply mentions the SS and that's as far as it goes.
    However a nicely optioned SLP car with extra goodies is worth more to most people than a "run of the mill" SS camaro.

In the end it's all a matter of what the market brings. The market tastes seem to change with the seasons.

When you get into specialty cars like the Berger you mentioned the KBB is not the way to go. That's more of a "market" car sold to the highest bidder.
    Much like the classic cars of the early 70's and on back. Ask a bank what a 69 scj mustang is worth and they'll tell ya $3,000 but out on the market they exchange hands for $100K+
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 03-09-2011 at 07:05 AM.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    People use the KBB as a baseline to establish and asking price,,,just as I had mentioned above.

Doesn't necessarily mean the car is worth "X" amount of dollars, but it gives people something to work with. Have to start somewhere, and some people just don't have a clue.

Being a collector of classic muscle, I see this stuff all the time. KBB does some things well enough, and other things it doesn't.
    For instance the KBB doesn't mention anything about SLP optioned SS cars. It simply mentions the SS and that's as far as it goes.
    However a nicely optioned SLP car with extra goodies is worth more to most people than a "run of the mill" SS camaro.

In the end it's all a matter of what the market brings. The market tastes seem to change with the seasons.
    i honestly prefer NADA. it is what insurance companies use to value cars and i feel it is more accurate the KBB. my dad worked in the insurance field for quite some time and had NADA books all over his office. cars are worth what people are willing to pay for them and the seasons definitely affect the price.

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    i honestly prefer NADA. it is what insurance companies use to value cars and i feel it is more accurate the KBB. my dad worked in the insurance field for quite some time and had NADA books all over his office. cars are worth what people are willing to pay for them and the seasons definitely affect the price.
    Yep, Nada works too. It's also what the banks use most of the time as well. I honestly don't see enough difference in them to prefer one over the other. As long as the price is in the ballpark the book has served it's purpose.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    The only one I trust is the dealership black book. It tells you fair auction value. And you can add or subtract from that depending on who's selling it and options that are on it.

Black, White
    2001 WS6, 2000 SS Camaro

I paid $12,500 for an SLP 00 SS Camaro that was in excellent condition. That was well worth what I paid for it considering he had kept every document from the car, the SLP keychain, SLP certificate, unused SS SLP floor mats, window sticker....This car was completely stock and only AMSOIL was used in it. When he pulled it out of the garage for me, it literally looked like a new car from the showroom floor. Meguires wax, chrome SLP rims that didnt have a scratch on them...I consider myself lucky to have found this on Craigslist of all places.

white
    2002 z28 camaro

Thats a fair price hes asking

Ray Charles blue

Not a bad price...................when I was looking for a car I would have said $9,500 and I would have gone up a little. Nice looking car.

Thread Information