Went to the Track

Hey guys first time at a track today.. went with my buddy.. he had his SLK i had the SS.. elevation is 600' (i dont know whether or not thats good or bad)

So first run ever.. i absolutley bombed hahaah ran a 16.5.. but thats just cuz when i got to the staging i had no clue that it was gonna go green that fast.. lol so my 60' was like 3 secs lol... and i wheelspun like a mofo...

so i managed to get a bunch of runs in.. best of the night... 13.6 i dunno but the entire day my car felt strange.. like it wouldnt snap my head back the way it did when i stomped on the gas.. i do have an SES light that the previous owner told me was due to a broken seal in the gas cap.. well i got a new gas cap but its still on.. oh and two days ago my buddy and I took off the filter and cleaned it with the K&N cleaning kit and its been feeling strange ever since

its so weird cuz after the 16 i started running consistently in the 14.2 areas then my buddy and i took off my airbox and that got me down significantly.. its weird cuz i hold in my hand as i type this a timeslip that the previous owner gave me and he ran a 12.719 i couldnt figure out why i couldnt break into at least low 13s high 12s..

im thinking its my tires but on the 13.6 run i had a 60' of 2.1 which isnt bad considering im A4.. but i just cant seem to figure out where that extra second almost has gone.

mods on the car.. (all done by previous owner) as far as i know.. magnaflow exhaust, lid, lowered, and im pretty sure all the free mods have been done

Im pretty adamant that before i go back i intend to fix the SES, get a cutout and some drag radials.

Edit: oh and there was a camaro there.. gutted completely SBC all motor ran 8.3 at i think it was 161.8mph.. when that car drove by you couldnt hear anything
    Last edited by iggz; 05-12-2007 at 07:18 AM.

Black on black.
    2001 WS6 M6 (stock)

What is your trap speed? What was HIS trap speed?

i couldnt get over 100mph my last two runs were consistently at 100

his trap speed was 108.2
    Last edited by iggz; 05-14-2007 at 10:02 AM.

black
    2000 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by iggz View Post
    i couldnt get over 100mph my last two runs were consistently at 100

his trap speed was 108.2
    what do you have done? im in a 2000 a4 and with intake and a catback i went 13.22 at 105.46 and the 60ft was 2.1...oh and i have 273 gears <--- which suck for the track...i have alot more done to it now so im expecting 12.7 12.8 range

black
    2000 camaro z28

oh and for an auto to pull 12.7 with just a catback and intake on street tires is pretty wild..if you didnt have the slip i wouldnt believe you...there must be more done than that...or he was on drags

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

SES light won't go out on it's own. You have to fix what's wrong then turn the code off. This is done with a scanner (like the factory or dealer has) or using a tuning program (HP Tuners, LS1 edit etc.). You can get the code scanned at you local AutoZone.

As far as the loss of acceleration power I've got a question: How much oil did you use on the air cleaner? Too much and it'll (excess oil that is) get sucked into the MAF, frying onto it and wrecking the reading if not frying the MAF itself. I have a Volant CAI and I don't even use any oil at all because of this. I just clean it and let it air dry (easy to dry here in the area know as the "Surface [Valley] of the Sun, AKA Phoenix, AZ).

67camarorsss i think you were right.. i pulled the intake apart the day after i got back from the track and used a cleaner on the maf... im pretty sure that the oil got sucked into the maf cuz now that i cleaned it the car feels back to normal.. i have that neck snapping feeling back when i depress the throttle a bit.. if i depress it completely the car snaps like a mofo.. too bad i couldnt have fixed that at the track... now im eager to go back but like i said earlier im not goin back without at least a cutout or DRs

00maroz28 i dont know the full extent to whats been done on this car.. ive been tryin to reach the owner but hes always busy and doesnt seem very responsive.. afaik theres definitley intake, exhaust, most of the free mods.. as far as i can tell, slotted discs all around, hardened springs, lowered.. thats what i can tell from physically looking at the car.. but until i hear back from him thats all im going to assume.

oh and nothing was told to me about that run specifically whether he had DRs etc.

RED 35TH ANIVERSARY PKG
    2002 CAMARO SS 35th LE

he must of had DR.. Thats the only way he could of broke a 12.7et. At least IMO. And I don't think the suspension could of made 3/10 of a sec. so I would say he was on DR. And his trap is up a 1mph. my best trap with CAI, SLP exhust,and SLP MAF. 107mph.

Red
    01 Z28

must be nice to be at 600ft elevation here in denver we are at 5860ft a stock camaro here runs md 14's u guys are lucky!

Thread Information