Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

VHT nightshades on pewter z28 camaro

This is a discussion on VHT nightshades on pewter z28 camaro within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Firebirdjones I never understood the attraction. Why someone would want to black out the taillights is beyond ...

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I never understood the attraction. Why someone would want to black out the taillights is beyond me I guess.

I would be afraid some old lady wouldn't see my brake lights and ram me in the ass. Those things make brake lights hard to see in the daylight,,,and my eyes are pretty good. But theirs alot of people out there with a license that shouldn't have,,,,when I hit the brakes I want to make sure the old lady behind me sees it,,,and blackout covers seem counter productive to that fact.

I know here in Ohio you get tickets for those things as well. Couple of friends of mine had to remove theirs.

I don't know about you guys but I don't need to give cops anymore reasons to pull me over,,,,lol.

And to put them on headlights???? Oh my god,,,thats the dumbest thing I've heard. Ya sure,,,I want to darken my headlights so I can't see as well at night,,,,sheeeesh what are people thinking. If they don't like to look at their headlights that much maybe they should have considered a Trans Am?????
    Have you ever seen a car with niteshades? it works on a totally diffent principle than the tail covers. It is NOT so dark that you cant see the lights, even at noon, with the sun shining.

ill Just take it that you dont know what we're talking about.

2001 M6 SS - few mods...

Quote Originally Posted by Fury_786 View Post
    Have you ever seen a car with niteshades? it works on a totally diffent principle than the tail covers. It is NOT so dark that you cant see the lights, even at noon, with the sun shining.

ill Just take it that you dont know what we're talking about.
    Neither appeal to me,,,sorry.

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

its cool...to each their own, i just wanted to point out that they arent like the covers everyone buys.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    I got a pewter Z w/ VHT'd LT1 tails if you wanna c what they look like.
    I also didn't black out the reverse lights...
    Yea man, post up the pics, does anyone know if you can get the VHT off if you sand it down. I want to redo mine so the reverse lights are showing...at least see what it looks like....i could always redo it again, it'll just take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fury_786 View Post
    its cool...to each their own, i just wanted to point out that they arent like the covers everyone buys.
    ain't that the truth, hey if they don't like em..whatever, i don't love the way it looks right now, but it looks much better than before, and as i said before, it looks amazing at night.

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

i dont see why some paint thinner wouldnt take it off, prolly a little on a rag and rub it off. i havent tried to take it off, so im not gonna swear to it. you might be able to try it on a small corner and see if it works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information