Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

VHT nightshades on pewter z28 camaro

I don't like the way it looks during the day, but at night it looks absolutely badass imo. Tell me what you think, you won't hurt my feelings. I should of went darker on the tailights. I probably still could, do you think i could put another layer of vht on these bad boys, without ruining them? The sidemarkers are dark enough and so is the 3rd brake light.

Oh please don't mention the wheels, i'm getting new ones...be patient ahahahah

Black
    2000 T/A

looks great! you should black-out your berger panel. I think it would like awesome with your striping, and they really make a pewter car look amazing!

you car is the pewter version of mine!

what options do you have??

beautiful car man!

the vht's look bad ass at night....

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I like em..I have em too. They look good on any color. On the headlights though, they make night time driving a challenge to say the least. If you shoot the Berger panel, maybe you could use those letter inserts to make the CAMARO stand out, although I'm not a fan of those. Just wondering..is that the factory RS option body kit? You don't see many Z28's with it. The tinted windows compliments the stripes well. What wheels are you going to put on it? I know a guy who has a set of chrome ZR-1 wheels off of his 2001 SS with 285's mounted on them. The tires only have 4300 miles on them. They would look sweet on your car! Okay it's me who's selling them, I'm a whore. If you're interested in looking at them, scoot over to the "For Sale" section and have a peek. I only want $500.00 bucks for the set.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

looks good

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Getzen_Guy View Post
    looks great! you should black-out your berger panel. I think it would like awesome with your striping, and they really make a pewter car look amazing!

you car is the pewter version of mine!

what options do you have??

beautiful car man!

the vht's look bad ass at night....
    i think it was loaded from the factory...not really sure. i know it's got the monsoon system, leather, power everything, i'm not really sure..hahah

Quote Originally Posted by 01LSS6Camaro View Post
    I like em..I have em too. They look good on any color. On the headlights though, they make night time driving a challenge to say the least. If you shoot the Berger panel, maybe you could use those letter inserts to make the CAMARO stand out, although I'm not a fan of those. Just wondering..is that the factory RS option body kit? You don't see many Z28's with it. The tinted windows compliments the stripes well. What wheels are you going to put on it? I know a guy who has a set of chrome ZR-1 wheels off of his 2001 SS with 285's mounted on them. The tires only have 4300 miles on them. They would look sweet on your car! Okay it's me who's selling them, I'm a whore. If you're interested in looking at them, scoot over to the "For Sale" section and have a peek. I only want $500.00 bucks for the set.
    thx guys,

i've been looking at wheels for over a year now and i've been leaning towards c6 z06s, tt II's, smoothie II's, but in the end i think c6 z06's will look best....i'll show you why i think so.....

Black
    2000 T/A

I hear getzen_guy's car Z28 mephisto, has the rs body kit too

Sunset Orange Metallic
    98 Z28

I think they look really nice the way they are. Especially in the day light

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Well...I can't argue with ya, if you look at my Avatar, you'll see why I have my original ZR-1 rims for sale in the first place! The Z06 wheels would look great on your car.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Well...I can't argue with ya, if you look at my Avatar, you'll see why I have my original ZR-1 rims for sale in the first place! The Z06 wheels would look great on your car.
    haha i didn't even notice that's what you have now..pm me some pics of it, would ya?

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I got these rims/tires in the beginning of winter, and to be honest, the car hasn't been out yet, as we are still in the low 20's here. As soon as the deep freeze is over,I'm going to detail it, and get some good pics. That pic was taken the day I got the rims, and it snowed about 2 hours after the shot was taken!

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

Ive got it on both mine...

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Did you tape over the reverse lights or what? on the first car..I like it

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

yeah, i masked them off before i sprayed. its just like painting anything...figured it would match the silver better.

2001 M6 SS - few mods...

black
    2001 Camaro SS

allbaugh is there a lighter film than that or did u get it sprayed on.

Black
    2000 T/A

vht nigtshade covers, gts blackouts etc.

they're a black cover that snaps on over you taillights tightly and look great!

lights are very visible through them

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

niteshades is a spray, not a plastic cover or film.

you can make it whatever shade you want depending on the number of coats you put on.

Navy blue
    99SS452WHP / 05R1

Looks good. I think darker would be too much.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by chevyss1234 View Post
    allbaugh is there a lighter film than that or did u get it sprayed on.
    I sprayed it on my self. I used one can of it. It can be found at O'Reilly's auto parts. I used the whole can for both tails, sidemarkers, and third brake light. I wish I used just a titch more on the tails though. This takes some patience to do and the 3rd brake light is a bitch to say the least. For some reason, it'd run and crack on me, idk why. Looks good now.

I never understood the attraction. Why someone would want to black out the taillights is beyond me I guess.

I would be afraid some old lady wouldn't see my brake lights and ram me in the ass. Those things make brake lights hard to see in the daylight,,,and my eyes are pretty good. But theirs alot of people out there with a license that shouldn't have,,,,when I hit the brakes I want to make sure the old lady behind me sees it,,,and blackout covers seem counter productive to that fact.

I know here in Ohio you get tickets for those things as well. Couple of friends of mine had to remove theirs.

I don't know about you guys but I don't need to give cops anymore reasons to pull me over,,,,lol.

And to put them on headlights???? Oh my god,,,thats the dumbest thing I've heard. Ya sure,,,I want to darken my headlights so I can't see as well at night,,,,sheeeesh what are people thinking. If they don't like to look at their headlights that much maybe they should have considered a Trans Am?????
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 02-03-2008 at 05:09 AM.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

I got a pewter Z w/ VHT'd LT1 tails if you wanna c what they look like.
    I also didn't black out the reverse lights...

Thread Information