Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

Thumbs up Valentine 1 Concealed Display Install

So I finally took the time to do all of this and I am very happy with how it came out. The first and obvious thing you need is a Valentine 1 Radar Detector (Basically the best one out there), the Valentine 1 Concealed Display, Splitter, Various Power Cords.

I wanted the V1 to be mounted high, but no wires running, this is why I decided to tackle all of this. I ran a 10-15ft ( I forget!) phone cord from the detector, through the headliner, down the pillar, down the dash, under the dash, and into the area in front of the shifter. You can see it, white was the only color I found when I did this. It is just standard phone cord. Too long of a cord will not power the V1 up I found, so if it is in the 10-15 foot range you should be fine. Post if 15 is too long, but I think you'll be good.

Next I purchased a splitter from a seller on ebay who basically makes the specifically for this - I am going to give the link to the auction, but the sellers name is safe-n-sound1 - Over 5000 positive feedbacks and very fast shipping. The splitter they send it prewired with a fuse built in, very nice item for this setup.

From there all it took was a little wiring. The neat thing is its all snap in phone cording for the V1. I ran the power to the splitter, which I got it from the cigarette lighter wire, just spliced into it. The problem is this thing is always on, so I wired in a switch. This I got from Advance Auto Parts. The red LED is a little too bright, so I took a small paint brush and put a drop of Black RTV Sealer over it to dim it a bit. Worked out well. That all wired up very simply, if you are a newbie at wiring switches, you are just like me and just need to hit up google, so easy anybody could do it.

Finally, I took a plate from 6LE that is for the console area. Trimmed it down, cut a hole for the V1 remote display, mounted it with some double sided 3M tape and that's it. For my first try at something custom I am more than happy with it and felt I needed to let everyone know how easy it ended up being. I just needed to put together all the parts and go for it. I decided against a remote mute button because the concealed display mute button is right by my finger when I'm shifting. Any questions please ask, pictures should be posted as well below. The extra hole below the display is for the slp fan switch. I just need to run the wire from under the hood, been busy. I know the interior needs swept, just been busy finishing up school for the year, it will be taken care of!

Here is the ebay splitter link - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350061552520

www.valentine1.com
    https://store.valentine1.com/store/

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

Nice I like it

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Nice job.. and with the BEST radar detector out there!!!

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

I like the lower display idea. But to me it looks like you just have a display high and low now. I think it would look cleaner if you could mound the detector in the grill and just have the lower display.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

The V1 really can't be mounted in the grill of the car. Valentine the company reccomends a higher mounting on your windshield. Just so you are not in that tint strip across the top you will be fine. You also don't want it too high so you have no rear visibility.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

OK works for me

Thread Information