Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

V6 or V8 help me out!!! ><

This is a discussion on V6 or V8 help me out!!! >< within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; First car sounds trashed...not just a few minor cosmetic things. 100k miles is just breaking in a V-8. If the ...

Red
    2000 WS6 M6

First car sounds trashed...not just a few minor cosmetic things. 100k miles is just breaking in a V-8. If the first car is in as bad of condition as I'm envisioning, I'd go for the second one...or keep hunting if that mileage makes you nervous.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

somewhere u said u were short on funds... werent u comparing a v8 and a v6 of equal prices?

Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

no the V6 was a 01 RS with 56k for only $7,988.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by chaosinfinite View Post
    no the V6 was a 01 RS with 56k for only $7,988.
    ohh. well u can still find better ls1 deals for that price

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

if we were in 67 id say rs/ss, but we are in 07 so id say ss without 1% doubt

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by intheclouds1977 View Post
    First car sounds trashed...not just a few minor cosmetic things. 100k miles is just breaking in a V-8. If the first car is in as bad of condition as I'm envisioning, I'd go for the second one...or keep hunting if that mileage makes you nervous.
    CAI black as dirt >.> CLEAN IT

Interior is horrible...leather is cracked/worn...REPLACE THE SEATS $1000 AND CLEAN THE INTERIOR (FREE)

the driver side power window/lock/mirror device is torn out of the door REPLACE IT! ($70?)

, and doesn't work. Has some old POS Clarion CD player. BUY A NEW STEREO ($350-500)

Did I mention it was dirty!!?...dust all over...dirt on the flooboard. WASH IT (FREE).

Give it a tune up too. How is this cost prohibitive?? Buy the car for $6K spend $2K and for $8K you have a low mileage DD that kicks ass.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

108k miles for an LS1 is just breaking in time. I've got well over 145k on mine. Battery, cats, and leaky pinion seal (all replaced under warranty) were the only problems I've had beside operator error ones (wrecked once, hit huge puddle with a lowered ram air car and hydrolocked motor, alignment problems because of lowering, trans too much manual shifting). My car has seen a rough life I might add as well. Almost 100 passes at the track many street battles, many full throttle show off burnouts etc. Get the 108k one it isn't hurt a bit. Plus the stock aspect of that car would lead me to believe it hasn't been run much. The one with the CAI may have less miles but I'b beet it's been treated way worse and been run hard a bit more. Again get the 108k one you know its virgin and theres a better chance it hasn't led a harsh life.

Navy blue
    99SS452WHP / 05R1

Id go with the 108 mile one mainly for the fact that slim said "its a virgin and you can almost guarantee its never been driven super hard...As for v8 and v6, i own a v6 and its for sale for a v8. Dont make that mistake. Camaro's are muscle cars, muscle cars have v8's.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

go with what you can afford in terms of buying the car (either a v6 or v8), sales tax on the car, tags, GAS, regular maintainance, and insurance...

sometimes you have to work up to what you want, othertimes you just get lucky. just be practical, and honest with yourself...

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    go with what you can afford in terms of buying the car (either a v6 or v8), sales tax on the car, tags, GAS, regular maintainance, and insurance...

sometimes you have to work up to what you want, othertimes you just get lucky. just be practical, and honest with yourself...
    actually it wont effect insurance whether u have a v6 or v8... i know someone who had a red v6, got it totalled, switched to a blue z28 and his insurance went down.. only thing they care about is color... promise

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    actually it wont effect insurance whether u have a v6 or v8... i know someone who had a red v6, got it totalled, switched to a blue z28 and his insurance went down.. only thing they care about is color... promise
    It plays a big difference in insurance rates whether or not the car is a V6 or V8. Your friends decrease in rates could be attributed to a lot of things, it might be because he turned 25 or several other reasons. I assure you, that the rates on a V6 are much better than a V8 though.

Blue
    01 SS M6 SLP#4572

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    was the Z28 older then the V6???

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    It plays a big difference in insurance rates whether or not the car is a V6 or V8. Your friends decrease in rates could be attributed to a lot of things, it might be because he turned 25 or several other reasons. I assure you, that the rates on a V6 are much better than a V8 though.
    he was 18 at the time

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry01ss View Post
    was the Z28 older then the V6???
    same year 2000

red
    2000 camaro

never get a v6, thats a womans car

Blue
    01 SS M6 SLP#4572

ya mine went way down when i hit 25 and it went even lower when i got married..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information