Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Upgrades......

This is a discussion on Upgrades...... within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS Its because we have all had negative experiences with SLP, their craptacular service and their parts ...

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Its because we have all had negative experiences with SLP, their craptacular service and their parts that don't perform anything like what they claim.

We aren't just shooting off our mouths, its all from experience.
    I trust you guys thats why first didnt buy the slp headers. I only hear bad things about them. They claim to be the best but i know from what everyone on here says that they are definately not! Thats why i love this site

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro69Mac View Post
    I trust you guys thats why first didnt buy the slp headers. I only hear bad things about them. They claim to be the best but i know from what everyone on here says that they are definately not! Thats why i love this site
    The headers themselves aren't bad... tuned length, stainless steel... all good stuff. But if you drive over anything more than a pebble, scrape city.

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by djeazyg View Post
    Thanks for all the great input.

OK. Stopped looking at the SLP stuff. Sounds like more of a headache than they are worth. Considering the emissions testing here in PA, is the catback the way to go or can I do something else. I'm trying to save a little money at the same time here. Like I said, I kind of a newbie here with this stuff.
    Depending on your area some people just gut the cats if they check to see if you have them. I would look into a cutout first since it's the cheapest or you could dump the exhaust. Just my .02.

red
    2002 camaro 35th anv.

Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic is the oil I use.

Get used to it is the usual answer I get when I ask about the noise. I went to an all F-Body junk yard here in PA and they told me they could start any of the hundreds of LS1's in the yard and they would all make some kind of noise. The tick I did get used to but when the slap started it made me want to do something about it. Its just hard for me to believe there is nothing I can do about it. I hear quiet LS1's all the time.
    Rear end rattles.... That must be the lite popping type sound I hear from time to time when I slow down for a red light.
    I am from scranton PA man, i was just wondering where is the junk yard with all f bodys i would love to hit that up

White
    2002 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by 02fbody35th View Post
    I am from scranton PA man, i was just wondering where is the junk yard with all f bodys i would love to hit that up
    Google "Fparts Bristol Pa". I am not kidding you when I tell you it is this amazing sea of Camaros, Corvettes, Firebirds and some GTO's. From what I saw it's mostly Camaros and Corvettes. Your not allowed in the yard but you e-mail them asking for a part and they get a quote for you if they have it. They can usually get whatever color you want as well. I got the black Berger "type" rear panel, 2 power window motors and regulators for myself and a set of power rear view mirrors for a friend. My bill was just over $100 for all of it. You can find them on eBay as well but save yourself the shipping and pick it up yourself like I did.

White
    2002 Camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by transamgirl89 View Post
    Depending on your area some people just gut the cats if they check to see if you have them. I would look into a cutout first since it's the cheapest or you could dump the exhaust. Just my .02.
    I'm in Berks County PA and they hook it up to a computer to test the emissions on anything 1996 and newer. I don't think I can mess with the cats without failing the inspection. If I just replace the cats will that do it? Or the muffler? Which part actually gives you that "I'm going to eat your Mustang alive!" type sound?

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I'm in Berks County PA and they hook it up to a computer to test the emissions on anything 1996 and newer. I don't think I can mess with the cats without failing the inspection. If I just replace the cats will that do it? Or the muffler? Which part actually gives you that "I'm going to eat your Mustang alive!" type sound?
    If all they do is a plug in type test and no visual, you can have the cats removed. You will however need to have the rear (2) O2 sensors tuned out by a tuner or using something like HPTuners.

Monteray Maroon
    2002 Camaro LS1

we had all kinds of funny noises when i got my car back from the ex, but we replaced the fly wheel and over half of them stopped, just so ya know ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information