Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Upgrade Question

This is a discussion on Upgrade Question within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Sarge91 i had the thing that expried at 43000 miles, and i just renewed it. u can ...

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge91 View Post
    i had the thing that expried at 43000 miles, and i just renewed it. u can always renew.
    From my experience, those types of warranties aren't worth it...they usually don't cover much and are overpriced...

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

Its bumper to bumper, and power train, i have had the car about 1 month, and the last owner keept it in a a/c storage. but i was shocked when i found out it had warrenty.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Its bumper to bumper, and power train, i have had the car about 1 month, and the last owner keept it in a a/c storage. but i was shocked when i found out it had warrenty.
    Out of the many cars i've had, that extra warranty would of never paid for itself.

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Zedicous View Post
    Do the headers, doing the stall, cooler & shift kit will run you 3-4k installed.
    3600 stall is over all good place to start.
    I agree with Zedicous on this; do the headers....

A stall, tranny cooler, and shift kit will get pretty expensive...and, since you said you don't know too much about cars, you'd definitely want to have that stuff done at a shop...and the labor alone for those mods will be fairly hefty....

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

IMHO, those aftermarket warranties are not worth it! Dealers use those warranties as a means of making more money off of you...they get the coverage from a company for very cheap and then jack up the price to get as much as they can from you...

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Quote Originally Posted by jujofields View Post
    I agree with Zedicous on this; do the headers....

A stall, tranny cooler, and shift kit will get pretty expensive...and, since you said you don't know too much about cars, you'd definitely want to have that stuff done at a shop...and the labor alone for those mods will be fairly hefty....
    True, but he needs to do some research and find a good shop, another hard thing to do. Most shops will want 400-500 for a header install. My next upgrade is a 3600 stall, cooler, shift kits & 3.73. Quote was 4300 with everything and tax for my C5.

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

True, but he needs to do some research and find a good shop, another hard thing to do. Most shops will want 400-500 for a header install. My next upgrade is a 3600 stall, cooler, shift kits & 3.73. Quote was 4300 with everything and tax for my C5.
    That's very true...it's getting harder to find a good shop that won't charge an arm and a leg! Since shops will charge 400-500 for a header install (sometimes even more, sadly), I was asking him if he had any friends that have some car knowledge...that way he and a friend or two could do the header install themselves...might take all day, but a day's worth of work is worth saving $500 that could go towards other bolt-ons....

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

ok im headin toward header and y pipes... now i have to say.. but headers.. wtf do i look for. Sry but i gotta learn somehow

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

No need to apologize; like you said, you have to learn somehow...we were all new to this at one point!

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

That's very true...it's getting harder to find a good shop that won't charge an arm and a leg! Since shops will charge 400-500 for a header install (sometimes even more, sadly), I was asking him if he had any friends that have some car knowledge...that way he and a friend or two could do the header install themselves...might take all day, but a day's worth of work is worth saving $500 that could go towards other bolt-ons....
    So true but i find doing headers on a maro or even changing the plugs a big pain in the ass. It would probably end up being a weekend job. But if it could be saved well worth it. I'm much more willing to mod the C5 myself with the entire engine under the hood making it easier to work on.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

ok im headin toward header and y pipes... now i have to say.. but headers.. wtf do i look for. Sry but i gotta learn somehow
    If only women would communicate as well.

I find the Dynatech headers to be among the best. About 1200 for an f-body.

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

So true but i find doing headers on a maro or even changing the plugs a big pain in the ass. It would probably end up being a weekend job. But if it could be saved well worth it. I'm much more willing to mod the C5 myself with the entire engine under the hood making it easier to work on.
    Headers def. will take some time....but you and I both agree if he's willing to work on it with a buddy or two it'll be WELL worth the money saved....

I hear you with the plugs...LOL...there's one or two of 'em that are a bitch to change...I'm sure you know which ones I'm talking about!!!

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

ok i found these.. dont know what is what..http://www.afabcorp.com/AFCO_Dynatec...e=camaro00to02

EDIT: i was thinkin, would it be a good idea to get a computer chip, to change shift times, and raise performace.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

Headers def. will take some time....but you and I both agree if he's willing to work on it with a buddy or two it'll be WELL worth the money saved....

I hear you with the plugs...LOL...there's one or two of 'em that are a bitch to change...I'm sure you know which ones I'm talking about!!!
    Yup, but i'd say the whole passenger side is a pain in the a$$..

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

alright. im bout to be headin to bed, im going to stay in the convo for a few more mins, ill reply back in the morning, btw THANKS alot yall.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

ok i found these.. dont know what is what..http://www.afabcorp.com/AFCO_Dynatec...e=camaro00to02

EDIT: i was thinkin, would it be a good idea to get a computer chip, to change shift times, and raise performace.
    Do not get a chip, have a good place tune it and get a lower stat.

Place that works on my cars.
    http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&vid=3&pcid=52

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

alright. im bout to be headin to bed, im going to stay in the convo for a few more mins, ill reply back in the morning, btw THANKS alot yall.
    Your welcome..

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

you could get a handheld "tuner in a can" like the diablosport predator or hypertech III...these are generic tuners that can increase shift firmness, change the temp at which the cooling fans will kick on, etc.

Mystic Magentic Red
    99 C5, 98 Z28.

you could get a handheld "tuner in a can" like the diablosport predator or hypertech III...these are generic tuners that can increase shift firmness, change the temp at which the cooling fans will kick on, etc.
    Better to get a tune and cheaper, i have a diablo sport and the tune is much more aggresive and better priced at $179.

In fact i need to sell my preditor..

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS.6

..but NEVER buy one of those so-called performance chips you see advertised on the net claiming huge hp gains...they are a waste of money & any gains you see from them will be at the expense of your car's reliability and safety...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information