Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Uncamo'd new Camaro From GM

This is a discussion on Uncamo'd new Camaro From GM within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I hate to say it, but I think they are possibly going to fuck it up. They will domesticate it ...

MahiDude
    I hate to say it, but I think they are possibly going to fuck it up. They will domesticate it a bit and give it a big ass. Make it heavy and bulky. I'm not getting my hopes up. The concept car was cool. But i think this is gonna be a fatboy with a big engine. I hope I'm wrong. I hope it is not what I think I see.

yea about the bulky, to me it sounds like a little slimmer charger in the making(3800lbs, 400hp) =(
    boat

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

Wow, that pic stole some of my excitement about the new car... I agree very porky charger-looking.

Maybe looks better from the front? In person?

Blue
    04 Silverado

have not seen in person,but it does not do much for me,4th gen is still my fav

WHEN IT DOUBT FLOOR IT! 2002_ss's Avatar

SUNSET ORANGE
    2002 CAMARO SS

i don't know if its the color, or the angle of the photo but i don't like it. the original prototype was better. but hell, it will still whipe the shit out of any rice or mustang in its way.

RED
    2002 SS Camaro LE

Quote Originally Posted by MahiDude View Post
    First thing I noticed was it appears they lengthened the rear end. If that's true I am not pleased.

I am with you. It looks a bit different than the proto.. The rearend looks alot longer. Something not quite right. And def.. smaller F'in tires. When are they going to realize we would like to order shit from the factory instead of having to freakin wait on the aftermarket world for everything.

I def want one, but i want to see one CLOSE UP>

Freaking WORLD ON WHEELS screwed us in atlanta this weekend. BumbleBee was supposed to be there, but NO CAMARO TO BE FOUND> Just shit you could find in any car and driver.

MahiDude
    Damn. Well if they mess it up I'm just gonna get a 01 Z06 or a 35th ann Maro.

get an 02 z06 ! 20 more hp, suspension, HUD :P

MahiDude
    The 2001 didn't have 405 hp?

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Not bad! I was worried with some of those other spy shots (with it covered in the tape). Gettin' there. I still think the tail lights need work.

Black
    99 Z28 VERT A4 DD

I'm just excited about the return of the small block in a solid axle car. Bad part is that its gonna be several years before the yuppies wear the new(and warranties) off of them so that working man gearheads can actually get hold of one.

I'm sticking with my 99Z for now.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I love the beefy rear fender wells! Can't wait to see more of them!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

i don't like it, i was pretty excited about the whole thing too. then i realized every a hole on the road will have one of these like the mustang. i like it how it is now. i never see an f-body on the road.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

You said it ALLBAUGH 04! I can't tell you how many times people have said to me at gas staions, or you name it..."Nice car! What is it?" I love that, especially since I've blacked out everything, most people have no idea what it is. When I finish the stealth mode and fill in the CAMARO letters in the back (SLP grill coming soon too) I'm sure it'll throw even more people off. How many Mustang owners can say that?

BLACK
    02 CAMARO SS a4

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    i don't like it, i was pretty excited about the whole thing too. then i realized every a hole on the road will have one of these like the mustang. i like it how it is now. i never see an f-body on the road.

not really the gto just went out of production and i dont see any on the road and even when it was in production I didnt see that many on the road. could b the same for the top of the line camaro as for base camaro i could c you saying they will b everywhere i see v6 f-bodys everywhere to this date but not ss fbodys or z28 fbodys everyday or at all

Black
    1997 Firehawk LT4

I don't think they changed much at all. The rear end doesn't look longer to me. Compare these two pics...look at the distance between the fender lip and side marker light, then the side marker light and the tail light. I think it's the same. The canopy isn't taller, either. MY opinion: Funky angle...funky color...sweet car!

The side markers are changed, door handles, and mirrors. They added gay little back-up lights in the bumper. The rear end is sunk in between the tail lights...a black filler panel with bowtie coming maybe? Most of all...it NEEDS that spoiler that the red prototype has. Badly.

I saw the silver concept a while back at Carlisle, PA. I can honestly say that it is my favorite car. I've been around Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches, etc...if a man were to give me a new car, and I had to drive it (not sell the Lambo and buy 4 Camaros!), I'd take the Camaro over anything I've seen.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 01LSS6Camaro View Post
    You said it ALLBAUGH 04! I can't tell you how many times people have said to me at gas staions, or you name it..."Nice car! What is it?" I love that, especially since I've blacked out everything, most people have no idea what it is. When I finish the stealth mode and fill in the CAMARO letters in the back (SLP grill coming soon too) I'm sure it'll throw even more people off. How many Mustang owners can say that?
    I know, I cannot drive my car anywhere without some random person stopping me at least once and asking about my car...i'm definitely not one of those people who seek attention, yet I like the random comments I get...now we are gonna have one with random non-functional vents, stupid looking exhaust, a sun roof? are u serious? I'd rather have the t-tops or nothing. Oh great now I'll get the, "why didn't you buy an '09". Of course they'll ask that after I tell them it's a Camaro. I'm already sick of the, "why didn't u get an SS?"

Quote Originally Posted by hmorris7000 View Post
    not really the gto just went out of production and i dont see any on the road and even when it was in production I didnt see that many on the road. could b the same for the top of the line camaro as for base camaro i could c you saying they will b everywhere i see v6 f-bodys everywhere to this date but not ss fbodys or z28 fbodys everyday or at all
    That's because the GTO didn't come as a V6. Most people don't even know these cars exist. I'm not even kidding. That's why you never see em. Yes, believe me, there will be A LOT of V6 camaros running around, pretending to be cool. I'm sure that's where GM is gonna make all their money anyways.

BLACK
    02 CAMARO SS a4

so u dont see a lot of v6 camaros? i see a lot where i am but i dnt see alot of z28 or ss really i c non. i get questioned every time to but im sure the v6 camaro owners dnt get questioned cause i know the ss and the v6 look the differance of night and day i wish they would have made the camaro like the gto only top of line v8 and not a v6 but we all know that wont happen

Awaiting Activation

NBM
    2002 Camaro Z28

It doesnt do the camaro any justice. i think it looks bad!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information