Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

UHHH!!!!!!i hate being too young and trying to get an LS1

This is a discussion on UHHH!!!!!!i hate being too young and trying to get an LS1 within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by stanger88 Driving a 'vette in a work setting is VERY DIFFERENT! than cruising around with your friends ...

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by stanger88 View Post
    Driving a 'vette in a work setting is VERY DIFFERENT! than cruising around with your friends in the car saturday night. How much experience do you have with RWD sport's cars in your personal life?

5.9 APR is DAMN GOOD. You need bullet credit for that, ESPECIALLY on a pre-owned.
    my first car at age 18 was a VW Golf with 60 hp. i think that building up your experience with cars less fast is a good way to go. a v8 f-body is a weapon.

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    i think that building up your experience with cars less fast is a good way to go. a v8 f-body is a weapon.
    I totally agree with you there man, ive been driving for 3 years and im still learning. Im hoping to get an F-body this year or next.

Ive went from a FWD Ford Taurus to a 4.3L RWD Xtreme. Its a different ballgame messing with a RWD truck because there is no weight in the back end to hold your wheels to the ground when you get on it hard. Its fun though, I love my little truck. No I havent gotten any tickets, ive been in 2 wrecks though, none of them my fault....dumbasses dont know how to drive w/o a cell phone in Pensacola. Its fun though.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by brodband View Post
    I totally agree with you there man, ive been driving for 3 years and im still learning. Im hoping to get an F-body this year or next.

Ive went from a FWD Ford Taurus to a 4.3L RWD Xtreme. Its a different ballgame messing with a RWD truck because there is no weight in the back end to hold your wheels to the ground when you get on it hard. Its fun though, I love my little truck. No I havent gotten any tickets, ive been in 2 wrecks though, none of them my fault....dumbasses dont know how to drive w/o a cell phone in Pensacola. Its fun though.
    i drive since 1986:

VW Golf 1.3 60 hp
    Fiat Tipo 1.6 90 hp
    Honda Accord 2.0 130 hp
    Dodge Stratus 2.5 160 hp (ran 135 by the way, nice car)
    Camaro Z28 360 hp

yes, i feel save and in control at 150 on the autobahn, thanks for asking...

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I think it's good to learn on a RWD. You don't have the false security of FWD, and won't expect RWD to react the same way and crash when you switch over.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

<----Has never owned a FWD vehicle. Sorry, drive wheels are in the wrong place.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

Look for a local credit union. When I say local, I mean very local.
    my current loan is from a credit union. and i would get rid of my current car. i would come out even if not ahead if i sold my car now. i've only had it for 6 months but i bought it knowing i wouldnt keep it long.

SMKDFRD
    How long have you been making payments on the loan you have now? Dealerships look for at least two years of car payments before they even consider offering you a loan. I got my mom to co-sign for me when I bought the car when I was 19. Lucky me.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    <----Has never owned a FWD vehicle. Sorry, drive wheels are in the wrong place.
    LOL.. I agree! Had 4 RWD cars... and still have 'em.

When I was 16 I REALLY wanted a v-8 3rd gen car... and really coulddn't find one in my price range.. and now I'm glad... especially if I would have gotten an LS1 that I have now as a first car.. i KNOW I would have killed myself in HS with all the crap I did in my v-6!
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Black
    1999 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SMKDFRD View Post
    How long have you been making payments on the loan you have now? Dealerships look for at least two years of car payments before they even consider offering you a loan. I got my mom to co-sign for me when I bought the car when I was 19. Lucky me.
    Did I mention that I didn't have a previous car loan. Don't finance through a dealership. They're looking for money on the backend based off of interest earned.

Mineral Grey
    03 Mustang GT

Ya man...that really sucks...I know how you feel. I tried to finance a 04 Cobra here a while back...but they wanted over 10K down!!! Speaking from experience...don't fack up your credit now to have something you don't need. You say you're working min wage...which is going to really suck when making payments, paying insurance, paying gas, and fixing whatever goes wrong. I was stupid when I was younger and ran up a credit card with a 600 dollar limit...didn't pay on it for 7 months...Now I'm trying to buy a house...I'm a bartender and average about 18 bucks an hour. My lady makes around 16 a hour...her credit is nearly 700...mine is 517...we got pre approved for a 178K house...which out here in Oregon...won't buy a thing. The cheapest I've come across is 220K and it doesn't have a garage...and it's in the "hood"......Keep your credit good...wait it out...pay on your loan for a minimum of a year...but perferably as long as your deal is. Trust me...those SS aren't going to dissapear...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information