Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Ugly Camaro?

This is a discussion on Ugly Camaro? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I like the 67 and the 69,,,not the 68 as much. And that's just mainly because the front parking lights ...

I like the 67 and the 69,,,not the 68 as much. And that's just mainly because the front parking lights don't mix well like the round lights on the 67's and 69's.
    A RS on the other hand doesn't matter since the parking lights change to the lower valance on the 67-68 and helps the 68 look more tastefull.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

I know a lot of import guys don't like the look of my Camaro, but I always get the props that it's "Fast" lol. I get the ugly and nice comments all the time lol.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I like the 67 and the 69,,,not the 68 as much. And that's just mainly because the front parking lights don't mix well like the round lights on the 67's and 69's.
    A RS on the other hand doesn't matter since the parking lights change to the lower valance on the 67-68 and helps the 68 look more tastefull.
    See... always on the same page

There is one hiding in my trailer that hasn't been seen since 86. I was going to throw up a pic but my wife got mad when I tried to upload it, because she is downloading something else right now for me, have to share the internet speed

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

They might not like the looks, but they all love the power!

Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

.....LS power, the "True" staple of performance!
    1993 Black Camaro Z28 LT-Won

navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

When i first showed my wife a picture of the 02 ss i was gonna buy she had fit and said those camaros are the ugliest cars ever made. Her opinion changed instantly the day i brought it home. Shes in love with it now.

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

I get both sides of the extremes. I've had many people come up to me and compliment me. But i've also been told through other people(too chicken shit to say it to my face) that they think my car is down right ugly and that they absolutely hate the 4th gen camaros. You can't rip everybody a new one so just accept they're stupid as shit and tell them to go on and keep putting body kits on their civics or whatever POS they drive and convince themselves that their econo box looks much better.

Sounds like some of you guys take this to heart. We all shouldn't take it personal.

I honestly don't think they are the greatest looking camaro either, GM has done better. There are things I don't like about them, and that's coming from a guy that has 2 of them. They make nice drivers for us.

I've got a couple of classics here that people either love or they hate. I hear it at cruise inns all the time. It just comes with the territory. It's what makes the car world turn. If we were all into the same thing it would be pretty boring I would think. I love going to the shows and seeing the oddball stuff like various studabakers, edsels, rambler wagons, etc...
    So we can't worry if people think a car is ugly, as long as we enjoy driving them, who cares what others think.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

My martial arts instructor told me that 25% of people will love you,25% of people will hate you, and 50% couldnt' care less. Sounds like you are letting the haters bug you. (Now, if only I had known this BEFORE I married my first wife.)

Blue
    02 Firebird Transam

The first thing I always look at in cases such as this is; what does the hater drive? 9 times out of 10 it's some kind of turd that NO ONE wants. Same thing at the track. No matter what you drive, the other racers will usually not have anything negative to say about your car. The ones making stupid ass, "That car's not that fast," or "That's an ugly piece of shit," remarks are the losers sitting in the back of their 1986 F150 that's 4 different colors from junk yard parts that would shit themselves if they were in anything that ran faster than 16 seconds in the quarter.

Dan

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty"....Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    My martial arts instructor told me that 25% of people will love you,25% of people will hate you, and 50% couldnt' care less. Sounds like you are letting the haters bug you. (Now, if only I had known this BEFORE I married my first wife.)
    Hahahahaha that is just great lol
    2002 Camaro SS Black Betty
    Suspension:
    Poly Trans mount, Solid Motor mount, Strut tower Brace
    Performance:
    SLP intake, Smooth Bellow, A.I.R Delete, M/T's on Salad Shooters
    Apperance:
    Re-Badged, Ultragauge, Whistler Mod, Racing Seats, Auto Hurst Shift Handle

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I honestly don't think they are the greatest looking camaro either, GM has done better. There are things I don't like about them, and that's coming from a guy that has 2 of them. They make nice drivers for us.
    Damn, this is the second time I totally agree with Mr. FirebirdJones in one day

I have 2 as well, and while I don't exactly LOVE the looks, I think they look mean and aggressive, and I do LIKE the looks. But I didn't buy them strictly on looks alone. I bought them primarily because of the power that they make, and the gas mileage they provide while doing so.

And like other members have said. Don't let other peoples opinion get to you. I know for sure, that I didn't buy the LS1 to impress people. More to hurt their feelings

A few months back, a guy that works at a 7-11 (also owns it) that I used to frequent alot, had a deranged look on his face while admiring my car. He went to ring me up and asked if that was my gold camaro outside. I said yeah, thats my pewter camaro. He said Oh. That's a camaro?? I thought it was a Chrysler. Can't remember exactly how it went, but it definately related back to a Chrysler comment.

Whatever

Impounded
    jeliousy? maybe? i get the Knight Rider/Batman and mistaken for a Camaro all the time

then again...there is only 5 fbodies (four 6 cylindars) in the parking lot at school....compared to the 300 trucks with lift kits...

but my firend's '01 camaro gets hate all the time.
    personally i think Schmalgar said it best...
    accept that your friend is dumb...or high...

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

At least he doesn't know they make trans ams sexier.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    At least he doesn't know they make trans ams sexier.
    haha you got balls to say that on the Camaro section

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Imho it's the composite head lights of the LS1 Camaro's..

I think they should have built on the LT design like the steady progression of oldest to newest 3rd gens..

@ first they looked like terds but as time went on they got meaner, sexier leading up to the 25th anni in the 3rd gens last year 92.. imho
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    haha you got balls to say that on the Camaro section
    It's the same car, a little line here, a bulge there......The trans am guys want NON moving headlights, the camaro guys wish they had them , same with antennas.LS1 baby!!!

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Everyone loves my car.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

1993 (may fav 4th gen style..)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information