Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 97

Ugly Camaro?

This is a discussion on Ugly Camaro? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; hahaha he owns a dsm its a 90's and I have raced and beat him on many occasions so this ...

  1. #21
    Four Seat Vette 10spokess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    pasadena md
    Posts
    2,034
    Blog Entries
    2

    Black
    2002 SS Camaro

    hahaha he owns a dsm its a 90's and I have raced and beat him on many occasions so this anger is probably coming from his frustration... and I just love my car so much I dont like hearing bad stuff about it lol thats all

  2. #22
    Four Seat Vette 10spokess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    pasadena md
    Posts
    2,034
    Blog Entries
    2

    Black
    2002 SS Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Do not like...
    I dont like the look or the feel of the new ones but my dads is growing on me now that i get to drive it every once in a while

  3. #23
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    It actually took me a while to warm up to the 4th gens. I was more impressed with the LS1 over all. But, it's grown on me and I can now appreciate them as a whole.

    I still don't care for the 3rd gens though and will always prefer 1st gens. Even 2nd.
    These are my thoughts exactly. It wasn't until 97 when the 4th gen finally grew enough on me that we bought one. A year later the newer body style came out. It took a few years for those to grow on me. I too was more impressed with the engine.

    I still don't care for the front end much, but we now have 2 of them anyway. Honestly I would prefer a Formula over any other for it's subtle appearance. Just never could find a good one to buy.

    One small discrepancy though Kahana,,,,I liked my 88 Iroc more than I do my 4th gens. Not just looks, but there were alot of little things I liked better, like no ABS, no air bags, lighter weight, smaller and much more nimble, extremely comfortable interior, I just felt overall, the car drove better.
    That 3rd gen with an LS1 would have been sweet.

    With that 3rd gen now gone, I still prefer my 1st and 2nd gen over either of our 4th gens.

  4. #24
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,589

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    One small discrepancy though Kahana,,,,I liked my 88 Iroc more than I do my 4th gens. Not just looks, but there were alot of little things I liked better, like no ABS, no air bags, lighter weight, smaller and much more nimble, extremely comfortable interior, I just felt overall, the car drove better.
    That 3rd gen with an LS1 would have been sweet.

    With that 3rd gen now gone, I still prefer my 1st and 2nd gen over either of our 4th gens.
    I hear what you're saying about all the extra crap that came along with 'progress'. But, for some reason, most 80's cars, visually anyway, just don't do it for me. Camaro included

    You and I are generally on the same page. We love our classics best

  5. #25
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,589

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    I dont like the look or the feel of the new ones but my dads is growing on me now that i get to drive it every once in a while
    I'm not saying I wouldn't drive one if given the opportunity

  6. #26
    Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Henryetta/Tulsa Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,483

    Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

    Wifey got mad at me the other day. We saw a black Saleen S281 and I made mention that it looked better than my car, and was probably faster. She really didn't like that, and proceeded to grill me on how much better Camaros look than Mustangs.

    Did I mention that my Camaro looks waaaay better than that S281 now?

    On a serious note, I really would like to get the SS grill and some new headlight assemblies to make me like the front end of my car. I love the back end though, especially since I got the staggered wheels

    2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Wifey's Grocery Getter
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

  7. #27
    Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Paterson/Ridgewood, NJ
    Posts
    11,474

    Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

    98-02=70s split bumper look.

  8. #28
    Snake Eater!! zboy2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Attica, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    115

    black
    2002 z28, 2001 B4C Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    98-02=70s split bumper look.
    im with u on this one

  9. #29
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    These are my thoughts exactly. It wasn't until 97 when the 4th gen finally grew enough on me that we bought one. A year later the newer body style came out. It took a few years for those to grow on me. I too was more impressed with the engine.

    I still don't care for the front end much, but we now have 2 of them anyway. Honestly I would prefer a Formula over any other for it's subtle appearance. Just never could find a good one to buy.

    One small discrepancy though Kahana,,,,I liked my 88 Iroc more than I do my 4th gens. Not just looks, but there were alot of little things I liked better, like no ABS, no air bags, lighter weight, smaller and much more nimble, extremely comfortable interior, I just felt overall, the car drove better.
    That 3rd gen with an LS1 would have been sweet.

    With that 3rd gen now gone, I still prefer my 1st and 2nd gen over either of our 4th gens.
    Up to the point where I bought the 96 I never owned a car newer than the 72 Malibu I used to have. It got sold but not before I found another 67 Camaro (not the one I still have). After 3 years of use one of the old 462 heads I used during the rebuild of the car's original 327 (2v type originally) cracked and flooded #2 with water, hydrolocking the damn thing. It came home on a hook. That was Jan of 96. Next door neighbor was a Chevy dealer line mechanic and told me they just got a Z28 vert in and would I like to see it. One look and I fell in love with it. I still like the 93-97 front ends better than the 98-02 but the 98-02 drivetrain is way better.

  10. #30
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    98-02=70s split bumper look.
    Wow,,,I don't see that connection at all, and I owned a 72 Z28 RS split bumper years ago. Drove it everyday, nice little LT-1 4 speed. Till I let my sis borrow it and she ran it off the road and into a 4 ft. concrete colvert pipe. There is a story behind that I won't get into. That was the end of that car.

  11. #31
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I hear what you're saying about all the extra crap that came along with 'progress'. But, for some reason, most 80's cars, visually anyway, just don't do it for me. Camaro included

    You and I are generally on the same page. We love our classics best
    Yes we are, probably why I thought you were a dude all this time

    I find myself driving our classics more often than the 4th gens (which are the only 2 newer cars we own). As a matter of fact, I haven't driven the 02 SS in probably 2 months. Last time I had it out was meeting Jim (67 camaro rs/ss) down in Phoenix, that's been at least a couple months, maybe more.
    My wife is the only one that drives the other 00 SS 4th gen, to and from work everyday. I ought to sell the 02 and use the money for something usefull instead of staring at it all the time.

  12. #32
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Up to the point where I bought the 96 I never owned a car newer than the 72 Malibu I used to have. It got sold but not before I found another 67 Camaro (not the one I still have). After 3 years of use one of the old 462 heads I used during the rebuild of the car's original 327 (2v type originally) cracked and flooded #2 with water, hydrolocking the damn thing. It came home on a hook. That was Jan of 96. Next door neighbor was a Chevy dealer line mechanic and told me they just got a Z28 vert in and would I like to see it. One look and I fell in love with it. I still like the 93-97 front ends better than the 98-02 but the 98-02 drivetrain is way better.
    I'm with ya Jim, even though the 4th gens get better mileage, have A/C, etc....I still find myself driving our classics. Even down in the middle of the summer heat in Phoenix. It's just me, I'm nostalgic and I'm not in a big hurry to change. It's one reason why we moved to Arizona, because the weather is more condusive to enjoying the classic cars, I can drive them nearly everyday.

  13. #33
    Member jrgswhitels1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In front of you, where else?
    Posts
    258

    Black
    1993 Camaro Z28

    I think all the Generations of the Camaro are hot, some more favorable than other styles. Somehow, we favor more what we drive, to justify our greater sense of who we are. Fact is, I always loved the Camaro. Sadly, I would have liked to own probably my favorite Camaro, the 69'.....just no moola $$$$....or not ever enough! LOL! The Second generation seemed pretty cool, little hefty, but sweet to look at....like the 79' Z28 with the air-induction hood, 350 mated to the 4 speed. Who wouldnt want one of these right now? Next would be a car just about everyone can appreciate. It bought back performance as we now know it...the IROC-Z28. I would surely like to have a factory original, that's for sure! Next on the block, the mighty 4th. Gen. Camaro. I think more people fell in love with the power first, then attributed the performance to the style and looks to mate them together. The early 4th. Gen. with small front-end styling cues borrowed from the IROC-Z, to the more graduated and elaborate SS grilling. So, you ask who really holds the Crown and all it's jewels in their favorite Camaro......I say, freakin' ALL of them!!
    1993 Black Camaro Z28 LT-Won

  14. #34
    Four Seat Vette 10spokess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    pasadena md
    Posts
    2,034
    Blog Entries
    2

    Black
    2002 SS Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by jrgswhitels1 View Post
    I think all the Generations of the Camaro are hot, some more favorable than other styles. Somehow, we favor more what we drive, to justify our greater sense of who we are. Fact is, I always loved the Camaro. Sadly, I would have liked to own probably my favorite Camaro, the 69'.....just no moola $$$$....or not ever enough! LOL! The Second generation seemed pretty cool, little hefty, but sweet to look at....like the 79' Z28 with the air-induction hood, 350 mated to the 4 speed. Who wouldnt want one of these right now? Next would be a car just about everyone can appreciate. It bought back performance as we now know it...the IROC-Z28. I would surely like to have a factory original, that's for sure! Next on the block, the mighty 4th. Gen. Camaro. I think more people fell in love with the power first, then attributed the performance to the style and looks to mate them together. The early 4th. Gen. with small front-end styling cues borrowed from the IROC-Z, to the more graduated and elaborate SS grilling. So, you ask who really holds the Crown and all it's jewels in their favorite Camaro......I say, freakin' ALL of them!!
    i say that was very well said

  15. #35
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,589

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Yes we are, probably why I thought you were a dude all this time
    That still makes me laugh a little bit

  16. #36
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,589

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    98-02=70s split bumper look.
    Really?

  17. #37
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Really?
    Ya I'm struggling with that one too.

    One thing I never really got into is all the mono chrome on the newer cars. I like my chrome bumpers and wheel well trim, stainless around the windows etc...

    Since a 4th gen doesn't have an ounce of chrome, I'm having a hard time visualizing the split bumper resemblance. What makes it harder are these ugly composite headlights, not even close to the classic large round headlights along with the round parking lights that all made the split bumper a beautiful thing to look at.

  18. #38
    She Moderator KahanaReef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    So Cal
    Age
    54
    Posts
    15,589

    Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ya I'm struggling with that one too.

    One thing I never really got into is all the mono chrome on the newer cars. I like my chrome bumpers and wheel well trim, stainless around the windows etc...

    Since a 4th gen doesn't have an ounce of chrome, I'm having a hard time visualizing the split bumper resemblance. What makes it harder are these ugly composite headlights, not even close to the classic large round headlights along with the round parking lights that all made the split bumper a beautiful thing to look at.
    Me too. I just don't see it. And, I am so on board with the chrome bumpers, wheel well trim and stainless around the windows. And hey... I miss wing windows too

  19. #39
    Moderator Firebirdjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    12,552
    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Me too. I just don't see it. And, I am so on board with the chrome bumpers, wheel well trim and stainless around the windows. And hey... I miss wing windows too

    Love the cozy wings. I've got 3 here with that, great for fresh air,,,better than a dash panel vent.

    That is until a wasp comes in and hits you on the neck, I don't need to explain that one any further but the outcome isn't very pleasant

  20. #40
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Me too. I just don't see it. And, I am so on board with the chrome bumpers, wheel well trim and stainless around the windows. And hey... I miss wing windows too
    There's a 1st gen site I frequent quite a lot and it's a battle between 67's and 69's with 68's holding their own.

    1 67 owner has "Cars can't fly if they don't have wings" in his sig. I like to mess with the 68 and 69 owners by stating, "I didn't know they made Camaro's after 1967. WWFE!"
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

    2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

    2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

    Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Good god is this ugly.
    By bluefields88 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-22-2009, 07:57 AM
  2. What an ugly camaro!!!
    By importssuck in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 12:20 PM
  3. wow! this is f-ing ugly
    By craig02ta in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 10:04 PM
  4. The ugly
    By Herbal Chicken in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 11:58 AM
  5. The Good, The Bad, and the UGLY!
    By joerockhead in forum Rocky Mountain Members
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-02-2006, 08:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •