Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Turn Signal Bulb CONSTANTLY blowing

This is a discussion on Turn Signal Bulb CONSTANTLY blowing within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; the bulb and socket are both brand new... ran me up a nice 76$ bill...

Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

the bulb and socket are both brand new... ran me up a nice 76$ bill

black
    02 vette vert

i think im talking to myself

Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    a bad ground does some funny stuff, but your flasher and turn signal lever dont have any connection to the parking lights directly. are both filaments on all the time, like when your ignition is on and it should be the drls, and when the lights are turned on and should just be the parking lights? you might want to check the wires on the bulb base and the contacts in the socket to make sure they arent touching where they arent supposed to, a bent or out of line contact on either could cause contact sending current where it doesnt belong.
    yes both filaments are constantly working, weather side markers are on or not with the light switch in the off position, they both work and with both simultaniously flash when signaling.

trust me the wires are not bent of the bulbs since ive probably put id say about 7 of them in now, just to get by day to day since i have a tight schedule, and if the wires were bent on every single one well stupid is as stupid does.

the socket was in prestine condition when installed and evething was making a solid contact and no wires were touching at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    i think im talking to myself

dont act like im not providing enough info for u, as i dont know didiley squat about electrics and i can only relay the information that i can obtain which i know is very minimal
    Last edited by 64MonGooSe64; 07-26-2009 at 06:35 PM.

Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

im gonna make sure everything is properly grounded in the morning before work, but thats about all i can do at this point

Red
    2000 Trans Am

hey guys, i am aware this is a 6 and a hald month old thread, but i am having this problem with my 2000 trans am... i would like to just replace the lense, socket, and bulb... do i have to remove the bumper cover to do so or is there an easier way to access the socket and lense? any help would be great... thanks
    Last edited by anti-venomLS1; 02-06-2010 at 04:57 AM.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

i drilled a couple holes in the bottom of the housing on mine, no water/condensation since, worked on my taillight so i figured it'd work on the drls too

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by anti-venomLS1 View Post
    hey guys, i am aware this is a 6 and a hald month old thread, but i am having this problem with my 2000 trans am... i would like to just replace the lense, socket, and bulb... do i have to remove the bumper cover to do so or is there an easier way to access the socket and lense? any help would be great... thanks
    nonono
    open your headlights manually, (by turning the little deal thats in there your owners manual can tell you how) unscrew the three screws that holds the black plastic cover on, (two philips and one small jewstar shaped one) take that off carefully and now you can see the top of the housing and have plenty of room to work,

if you dont like that you can do it the way i USED to do it and get under the bumper, theres some bigger bolts you can undo to open black 'flaps' that give you access to the bottom of the housing, i forget the size, theyre less than 1/2, i just used a cresent wrench the first time and tightend them back by hand.

either way you do it, the two little screws that hold the housing in are 7mm, make sure you do it right, dont want to strip those suckers, it sucks
    Last edited by justinmc978; 02-06-2010 at 10:35 PM.

BLACK
    1998 WS6, ASC BUILD #206

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    nonono
    open your headlights manually, (by turning the little deal thats in there your owners manual can tell you how) unscrew the three screws that holds the black plastic cover on, (two philips and one small jewstar shaped one) take that off carefully and now you can see the top of the housing and have plenty of room to work,

if you dont like that you can do it the way i USED to do it and get under the bumper, theres some bigger bolts you can undo to open black 'flaps' that give you access to the bottom of the housing, i forget the size, theyre less than 1/2, i just used a cresent wrench the first time and tightend them back by hand.

either way you do it, the two little screws that hold the housing in are 7mm, make sure you do it right, dont want to strip those suckers, it sucks
    Looks like this is an OLD post but I'm going to follow the instructions and hope it works.
    I've been in need of changing my housing units due to the cracked lens and blown bulbs every time I wash the car or drive in the rain.
    I just got the new housings in and plan to change them today or over the weekend.
    Are there further post in regards to changing the light housings? I've been looking for hours. :-)
    This T/A WS6 is Factory modified by ASC at the Lachine facility on March 13, 1998 and is identified to be
    ASC build #206.
    We took delivery from Pontiac dealer April 7th, 1998.
    ASC Factory letter provided from them.

Love of money is the root of all evil.
    Send $19.95 for more information.

BLACK
    1998 WS6, ASC BUILD #206

Just noticed this is a Camaro post. Guess the info still works on the T/A?

black
    2000 trans am ws6

old thread but, been looking all over the forums for a problem that im having with my pass. side parking light. when the lights are turned on, it works the way it is supposed to. when the lights are turned off, only the driver side is working and the pass. shuts off. i thought it was just another dead bulb when i saw it wasnt on but then i noticed it was working with lights on.. anyone know about this??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information