Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Traction Control

This is a discussion on Traction Control within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by thisisthewayilive my buddy has the traction control button in his 01 ss but i don't in my ...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by thisisthewayilive View Post
    my buddy has the traction control button in his 01 ss but i don't in my 01 ss. i took my dash apart and i have the wiring for it though. anyone know if i got the button if the tranction control would work? (not that i would use it most of the time anyways...what's the fun in that?)
    There is more to it than just the switch.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Yup. Like all wheels have the speed sensor, instead of only in the differential for the non-TCS (ABS only) cars.

White
    2001 Camaro SS

thanks guys... what do you think the wires are that are running to where the button would be? any ideas?

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

It is easier for manufacturers to make one wiring harness instead of many. That way if the car has the option the wiring is already there. Like, for example, my car did not have the 12 disc CD player, but I got one from the junk yard and installed it. The wiring was there already. Since that is the only component missing, you can install it and the factory head unit will play it. TC is a lot more complicated than just installing a switch where the switch would go. Those wires are probably for your switch.

Blue
    2001 Camaro SS

I think I remember reading somewhere, that there is a way to reverse the switch? What I mean is, you start up your car and the ASR is off. It's not till when you flip the switch to off position, and the ASR light flips on in your gauges, that it is really on.

Can anyone confirm this? It may just be a wet dream

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by Selride View Post
    I think I remember reading somewhere, that there is a way to reverse the switch? What I mean is, you start up your car and the ASR is off. It's not till when you flip the switch to off position, and the ASR light flips on in your gauges, that it is really on.

Can anyone confirm this? It may just be a wet dream
    http://www.lmperformance.com/3449/1.html

Blue
    2001 Camaro SS

70$ !?!?! whatever happened to the radio-shack resistor trick, a la cags delete....

Thanks for the find though, I'll probably end up breaking down and buying it... Do you know if that box uses the factory switch? It doesn't explicitly say if it has it's own switch or not.

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Camaro SS

I dont have Traction Control which is nice, but not in the winters...Hell i have posi LSD so its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Selride View Post
    70$ !?!?! whatever happened to the radio-shack resistor trick, a la cags delete....

Thanks for the find though, I'll probably end up breaking down and buying it... Do you know if that box uses the factory switch? It doesn't explicitly say if it has it's own switch or not.
    If your talking about the kit that comes from SLP, it installs behind the original switch,,,and then makes the traction control work in the opposite fassion. So when you start the car it's already off,,,and only when you press the original traction control switch does it become active.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

the wires will light up the tcs/asr switch, but you need more components to utilize this system

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

If you install the SLP switch to change the default traction control mode to off, does the annoying, bright orange, TCS OFF light remain illuminated all the time?

If so, my car has enough little annoyances without spending $70 to add another one.

That light ranks up there with the SES light on the peeve meter.

I would have to say yes. I haven't tried it yet but I am contemplating getting one myself. As for the light,,,I don't think it would bother me as my light is on all the time anyway since it's the first button I push to disable TCS everytime I start the car. Along with other lights like air bags, and seat belts,,,I just ignore that stuff, the needles are the only things I pay attention too,,,,lol.

Blue
    2001 Camaro SS

Another vote here for finding out exactly what that box does.... If it somehow switches the function of the ASR button, the light in the gauges should only come on when you flip the switch off (ASR on in this case)

If all the box does it make is so the ASR is off when you start the car opposed to on,, then I'm afraid the dashlight would be on as well. Nothing a 1/2" of electric tape won't fix, but I sure would like the first scenario.

Could someone who has the box explain in full detail what's up?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information