Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Totaled Car

This is a discussion on Totaled Car within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by desliger Hey Guys, It looks like I totaled my car today! Thank God I'm alright, and no ...

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by desliger View Post
    Hey Guys,

It looks like I totaled my car today! Thank God I'm alright, and no other vehicles where involved. It had just started raining, and I was leaving town. I was going 55-60 and I hit a slick spot in the road. The car got loose, the rear end swung right, then left, and then hooked.. this is the end result...

While I'm here, is anyone selling a LS1 Camaro in the Houston area? I think I'll try an automatic this time around... lol
    very very sorry bout your car both u guys

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

My son's Camaro looked like that last winter. He was doing around 70 mph on the freeway and the front end just hydroplaned. Set of Yokohamas with a ton of fresh tread. He spun into the center divider, hitting it with the right front fender and then with the right rear of the car. It popped him back out into the fast lane, but he got lucky and nobody hit him. His head was banged off the side window and he was dazed. Just sat there wondering when he was going to get hit on the passenger side. Scared the crap out of all of us. Hydorplaning seems to be a problem with these cars. My 97 was really bad about that and my 00 has done it a couple of times too.

Midnight Blue
    1999 T/A

Sorry to hear about your loss. Look like you lost your aftermarket hood too or you took off the undersiding... eigther way..

Lots of good parts on that thing you can part out if you get the car back.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by RagTop View Post
    My son's Camaro looked like that last winter. He was doing around 70 mph on the freeway and the front end just hydroplaned. Set of Yokohamas with a ton of fresh tread. He spun into the center divider, hitting it with the right front fender and then with the right rear of the car. It popped him back out into the fast lane, but he got lucky and nobody hit him. His head was banged off the side window and he was dazed. Just sat there wondering when he was going to get hit on the passenger side. Scared the crap out of all of us. Hydorplaning seems to be a problem with these cars. My 97 was really bad about that and my 00 has done it a couple of times too.
    at 70 mph anycar can hydroplane...matter of fact at 35 mph...but with 17 inch tires u are asking for trouble if u speed in the rain......when i was a teen i learned the hard way totalled a 79 z28 in the rain to fast in a curve hrdoplaned off the road hit a tree

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

That sucks man...glad you're alright. You gonna sell that spoiler??

Silver and Black
    1998 Z/28

Hey guys, I just heard today that they are buying my car for what I owe on it. They're going to contact me tomorrow with the final pay out amount, and I will talk to them about the buy back price then...

Pewter
    1999 Camaro SS-M6 #1775

Quote Originally Posted by desliger View Post
    Hey guys, I just heard today that they are buying my car for what I owe on it. They're going to contact me tomorrow with the final pay out amount, and I will talk to them about the buy back price then...

Good luck with it, I hope you get back what you deserve for it. Do you know what you are going to do with it?

Silver and Black
    1998 Z/28

I'm actually not wanting to part it out myself (no room), I'm thinking about selling it to a friend that has the time, and asking for a little bit of the profit, I think some one contacted me about buying it also...

red
    82 ss

have you been to confession since???????????

Silver and Black
    1998 Z/28

It all does seem like more trouble than it's worth, I don't think I will be buying it back...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information