Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Took the 02 SS Convertable to the scales today

This is a discussion on Took the 02 SS Convertable to the scales today within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; my car with a full tank, spare tire and so on is 3380....

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

my car with a full tank, spare tire and so on is 3380.
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

in doubt tach it out!!

BADASSZ28
    2000 a4 cloth seats, hard top, 3420 without me in it!!

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Obviously, there is something wrong with your system. I have had 4 other cars with it and never had a problem. I drove my 97"SS" through every season, and it benifited most in the snow. There is no way you are better at controling a skid better than ABS except for in your car which has something wrong with it.

Hmmm... 3 T/A's and other cars of different makes and years all with the same problem? I doubt it. That is the problem with it in slippery condition that it can not skid or lock up! You need to lock up the wheels to get the better stopping distance in those conditions. Like I said ABS is better in everything except for icy or hard packed snow covered roads. I have personally tested the same car with it enabled and disabled so I know how it effects it. I've did this on a couple of different cars to see how the different makes and design difference effect it and always came up with the same thing. I think a lot of people think it helps in the snow due to how often you feel the ABS kick in and do it's thing. The only problem most don't try to deactivate and try it with out. I totally know the ABS is way better in rain, dry, and any other conditions than with out it. The story changes when you talk about ice.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    Hmmm... 3 T/A's and other cars of different makes and years all with the same problem? I doubt it. That is the problem with it in slippery condition that it can not skid or lock up! You need to lock up the wheels to get the better stopping distance in those conditions. Like I said ABS is better in everything except for icy or hard packed snow covered roads. I have personally tested the same car with it enabled and disabled so I know how it effects it. I've did this on a couple of different cars to see how the different makes and design difference effect it and always came up with the same thing. I think a lot of people think it helps in the snow due to how often you feel the ABS kick in and do it's thing. The only problem most don't try to deactivate and try it with out. I totally know the ABS is way better in rain, dry, and any other conditions than with out it. The story changes when you talk about ice.
    Thats cool. Its alright we disagree. Thats what forums are for.
    Hey, does your car have traction control? I am anxious to drive an F-Body
    with TCS! I hear everyone bitch about it but does it make a difference in snow? This might be a dumb question cause most people wouldn't even think of doing that. But in the past my 97"SS" was my only transportation and I had to drive it in the snow.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Thats cool. Its alright we disagree. Thats what forums are for.
    Hey, does your car have traction control? I am anxious to drive an F-Body
    with TCS! I hear everyone bitch about it but does it make a difference in snow? This might be a dumb question cause most people wouldn't even think of doing that. But in the past my 97"SS" was my only transportation and I had to drive it in the snow.
    I don't totally disagree with you about ABS, but if you never experimented with it on ice you won't know the difference.
    This one doesn't have TCS, but my 02 had it. It does do wonders in the snow. That's the only time that I miss it. I could just mash the pedal to the floor and let the TCS regulate. I hated the TCS in the summer although it was helpful in the rain too!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Mine actually has TCS, but somehow the previous owner disabled it and I don't know how to get it working again..

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Did you check the back of the switch to make sure he didn't just unplug it, or if he disconnected the cables under the hood? I'd guess one of those.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information